Howdy,

Update on the cured buds. Smell is now, unbelievably, pepper beef sausage. The pepper bit has a distinct hashy note. The taste is peppery and smooth. The smoke is everything it was before but amplified. The high is the same, just longer lasting. Nice strain if ya need something before 4:20!

Howdy y'all,

Feel like Hefner tonight. Got the house to myself, and I just cracked the seal on my YDB! Damn! This strain just gets amazing with a cure! I'm just f-cking loving the grilled pepper sausage thing! Insane! Pepper on the tongue too. Man this thing got some kick now! Head and butt! Sits yer ass down and gets you grinning like your first taste of insight! Love this bloody stain!!

High as f-ck!

YDB is AFN's pretty little secret! Sad to say we don't see much of Yoda these days. I hope he knows what a gift his YDB is!

:pass::worship:
Howdy y'all,

Feel like Hefner tonight. Got the house to myself, and I just cracked the seal on my YDB! Damn! This strain just gets amazing with a cure! I'm just f-cking loving the grilled pepper sausage thing! Insane! Pepper on the tongue too. Man this thing got some kick now! Head and butt! Sits yer ass down and gets you grinning like your first taste of insight! Love this bloody stain!!

High as f-ck!

Hey Southsider, How this for a super cropped and scrogged YDB? Look at the stalk on that beast!

YDB-2015.jpg

dscn2288-fileminimizer-jpg.388242

I thought I'd add my control method to the mix.

The method is called "stunting" and is a controlled method to keep the plants short and stocky, whilst having a great yield.

Here's how - The plants are grown in 1 Liter pots (coco) until they show sex and are then transplanted to 7.5 Liter pots.

This was done in coco which is an awesome substrate and produces lots of growth as it is an hydro method.

The transplant at sex "stunts" the "stretch" part of the grow keeping them short, in addition I was 24/0 under 3 LED's.

The LED's were great at keeping the internodes close together in the veg stage.

Going 24/0 also meant the temps were stable 24hrs a day, this is important!You don't have to go 24/0 but use a thermostaic heat source in the dark period to keep temps constant. The greater the temperature difference between night and day, the more it will stretch.

So no temp difference day/night, combined with transplanting at sex with lots of full spectrum LED and in coco, produces short fully laden plants.

Front left never went over 12" = 2.5oz (Auto Bomb) & same weight for the other Auto Bomb.

The two Northern Lights got bigger maybe 17" the biggest one, they went two weeks longer and had the cab to themselves for that time getting 4.5 Oz of of each.

I was using 510w (actual draw) of LED full spectrum so I didn't get a gram per Watt, I got roughly 0.8gpw but still not to shabby for 4 short plants.

Cab size was 2 foot x 3 foot x 6 foot high (lol loads of height but I wanted to make them short,I like playing with different ways of growing)

If you'd like to see my grow journal here is a link - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-eshine-ds-300-1-x-vipar-b2x3-stunting.36318/

Last edited:
dscn2288-fileminimizer-jpg.388242

I thought I'd add my control method to the mix.

The method is called "stunting" and is a controlled method to keep the plants short and stocky, whilst having a great yield.

Here's how - The plants are grown in 1 Liter pots (coco) until they show sex and are then transplanted to 7.5 Liter pots.

This was done in coco which is an awesome substrate and produces lots of growth as it is an hydro method.

The transplant at sex "stunts" the "stretch" part of the grow keeping them short, in addition I was 24/0 under 3 LED's.

The LED's were great at keeping the internodes close together in the veg stage.

Going 24/0 also meant the temps were stable 24hrs a day, this is important!You don't have to go 24/0 but use a thermostaic heat source in the dark period to keep temps constant. The greater the temperature difference between night and day, the more it will stretch.

So no temp difference day/night, combined with transplanting at sex with lots of full spectrum LED and in coco, produces short fully laden plants.

Front left never went over 12" = 2.5oz (Auto Bomb) & same weight for the other Auto Bomb.

The two Northern Lights got bigger maybe 17" the biggest one, they went two weeks longer and had the cab to themselves for that time getting 4.5 Oz of of each.

I was using 510w (actual draw) of LED full spectrum so I didn't get a gram per Watt, I got roughly 0.8gpw but still not to shabby for 4 short plants.

Cab size was 2 foot x 3 foot x 6 foot high (lol loads of height but I wanted to make them short,I like playing with different ways of growing)

If you'd like to see my grow journal here is a link - https://www.autoflower.org/threads/...-eshine-ds-300-1-x-vipar-b2x3-stunting.36318/

Holy Hannah!

I just totally lost sight of this thread. Got this notification and, yeah dude, that looks like a good result, in anyone's book!

Cheers.

So back when I'd harvested these gals I gave my buddy a zip. I was at his place and rummaging his jars and found about a quarter of it. Took half and I'll tell ya -- it's sure gotten purrty! Yup, still got the beef smell, especially when chopped up, but the taste! Strong. Smooth. Thick. Hot on the tongue and peppery. Delivers a real nice racy punch. Great strain!

Asked him how he still had some.:jawdrop: Said he was eating like a teenager on it :pop::pie::glutton: so he rationed. Reckon I relieved him of that problem!:funny:

Got to look see, think I might have a few left. I've got some photo strains he gifted me with also

So back when I'd harvested these gals I gave my buddy a zip. I was at his place and rummaging his jars and found about a quarter of it. Took half and I'll tell ya -- it's sure gotten purrty! Yup, still got the beef smell, especially when chopped up, but the taste! Strong. Smooth. Thick. Hot on the tongue and peppery. Delivers a real nice racy punch. Great strain!

Asked him how he still had some.:jawdrop: Said he was eating like a teenager on it :pop::pie::glutton: so he rationed. Reckon I relieved him of that problem!:funny:

Back