Indoor Blackstrap and LSD-25

Drownomatic

Retired
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Panama
I ordered some Fastbuds LSD-25 from Multiverse, and they threw in some Gnome Blackstrap freebies. The black should look good with the purple, so here we go!

Both soaked for 24 hours in plain water, and were put directly into Eazy Plug cubes. So far, only the LSD has surfaced, and it opened up over a few hours.

Already the taproot has emerged from the bottom of the cube, so I put it in it's final container, a 5 gallon Oxypot of Roots Organic Lush. There is about 10% rich compost added, and the soil was watered till runoff with mosquito bits.

The next 2 weeks, I will only be misting the surface to keep it from drying out.

70F 66H, 10 DLI

Nutrients: Dynomyco added. Full line of Kelp4less nutrients, Recharge, and Rot Block will be used. Overnight tap water till the first real leaves are showing.

JCC01546.jpg
JCC01548.jpg
JCC01554.jpg
JCC01567.jpg

Last edited:
I just finished up a Blackstrap. Excellent plant to grow. It was very forgiving and gave no drama at all.

I'm still a new grower, so my plant was small. But, I was happy with the 54 grams.

I had a grow journal on here, but with the change I think it is gone now.

If you would like see my other Grow Journal on it for photo and growth comparisons you can go here:

Blackstrap Grow Journal

I just found my version on here: https://autoflowernetwork.community...trap-gnome-automatics-x-brother-mendel.89757/

Nice shots, you have a very stylized edit. I'm shooting handheld at 20K ISO, no image stacking.

I'm going to try to avoid my cell phone camera for this one.
Thanks. I mess around quite a bit with processing. Although, when I need help or pictures for a diagnosis my pics are more normal so the correct colors are shown.

Honestly, documenting the plant is my favorite part.

My setup is a Canon RP (lower-end mirrorless) with low-end lenses. No L-grade lenses for me. Too much of a tightwad.

I did buy a Chinese macro lens that was reasonable. That lens is mostly for Trichomes. Macro Depth of Field can frustrate the best of them.

I do shoot in RAW format and process using a French program called DxO Photo Lab 6. Before, I used Apple's aperture, but they dropped it. I haven't used photoshop since the early 90s when I was in Navy photo training. Now that it is a subscription for that or Lightroom I am not likely to switch. DxO has been really good for me.

Good luck with the grow. My current is not journaled in the forums, although I do have a photo catalog for each plant on Grow Dairies and a Discord. I recently discovered a young man in Canada called Northern Scrogger. So, I built a rig for my 4 x 4 and I am going to try that style of growing this run.

The Blackstrap pushed its root through the bottom of the cube today, so I placed it on a Pyramid.

JCC06497.jpg

The LSD is reaching, I'm already guessing she wants to be a tall girl.

JCC06493.jpg

I moved the light closer, and dimmed it to 12 DLI at this distance, in an attempt to get more of the heat to the plants.

I ordered some Fastbuds LSD-25 from Multiverse, and they threw in some Gnome Blackstrap freebies. The black should look good with the purple, so here we go!

Both soaked for 24 hours in plain water, and were put directly into Eazy Plug cubes. So far, only the LSD has surfaced, and it opened up over a few hours.

Already the taproot has emerged from the bottom of the cube, so I put it in it's final container, a 5 gallon Oxypot of Roots Organic Lush. There is about 10% rich compost added, and the soil was watered till runoff with mosquito bits.

The next 2 weeks, I will only be misting the surface to keep it from drying out.

70F 66H, 10 DLI

Nutrients: Dynomyco added. Full line of Kelp4less nutrients, Recharge, and Rot Block will be used. Overnight tap water till the first real leaves are showing.

View attachment 1572103View attachment 1572104View attachment 1572105View attachment 1572106
Lovely photos you have taken. Thanks for sharing.

Here we are at 3 weeks above ground for the LSD-25

JCC06522.jpg

The blackstrap is 10 days behind, so smaller, but you can see the roots adventuring out of the pyramid. They are also through the bottom.

JCC06523.jpg
JCC06526.jpg

I've increased DLI to 20 on 18 hour cycle.

I've begun watering, with 1/8th deluted nutes, and will increase to 1/4 next watering, etc up to full strength. I've begun weekly foliar with kelp/fulvic/humic.

Climate is staying at 70F daytime, and 55-60H.

Helios(KMZ) 44mm if anyone is a gearhead.

Back