Indoor Blood Orange Haze and 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay

Can you flip the air intake and exhaust around? If you intake up high and exhaust low you will likely see at least a couple degree increase in tent maybe as much as 10 during a cold snap. Keep fan on very low setting at lights out.
(Alaska indoor gardener tricks to fight the cold and dry winter air).
Cheers
Os
I actually figured it out very simply. I made these 12x12x16 cardboard boxes with a 6” flange so I could use them as a filter box for my incoming air and use readily available 12x12x1 filters. I have a dog, and my tent is in my storage room or is it I store stuff in my lung room? I put my seedling mat ontop of that box, and then sort of wrapped it with some reflectex just to see if that would work. My temps during lights out went up to 69 pretty easily, and will probably be a bit higher today since it’s not extra cold outside anymore. I think whenever I make a more permanent filter box, maybe I’ll figure out something to incorporate a seedling mat with adjustable temp control.

I was gonna try just moving my filter box to on top of the tent before I tried the seedling mat. I totally forgot the inverted ducting trick, I may have to think about that as it would probably help keep my environment more stable with my 1980’s electric baseboard heat.

Finishing up day 30, the ladies are looking good with only plant being smaller than I would like but super bushy, gonna spend some time spreading her out now the others are doing fine. Chopped up a bunch of the cover crop, topdressed some gnarly barley and craft blend under some build a flower (I went kinda light with the craft blend and build a flower as my soil was new for this grow) and watered 10% of the soil volume with some rootwise microbe complete added. I then added a thick layer of the pine bedding on top.

Plants just been looking good every day, been adjusting the training everyday and doing some defoliating. Still loving how easy and carefree this style of growing is.

IMG_7437.jpeg

BOH on the left, 4AM x TD on the right

IMG_7436.jpeg

Top down

IMG_7427.jpeg

From 2 days ago

I actually figured it out very simply. I made these 12x12x16 cardboard boxes with a 6” flange so I could use them as a filter box for my incoming air and use readily available 12x12x1 filters. I have a dog, and my tent is in my storage room or is it I store stuff in my lung room? I put my seedling mat ontop of that box, and then sort of wrapped it with some reflectex just to see if that would work. My temps during lights out went up to 69 pretty easily, and will probably be a bit higher today since it’s not extra cold outside anymore. I think whenever I make a more permanent filter box, maybe I’ll figure out something to incorporate a seedling mat with adjustable temp control.

I was gonna try just moving my filter box to on top of the tent before I tried the seedling mat. I totally forgot the inverted ducting trick, I may have to think about that as it would probably help keep my environment more stable with my 1980’s electric baseboard heat.
They do make fairly inexpensive temp controllers for the small seedling mats. They use a soil probe. The one I bought for small mats was under $20 a long time ago. The seed starting supplies are starting to show on shelves already in my area.
I run a small heat mat (10”x20”) under each of my 10 gal sip no till pots. They bump the temp up 5 degrees tops on that big of a soil mass. I run them 24/0 start of grow to finish during the winter.
Another option is to just use a timer to try and regulate temps on the mats.
You may be able to just “stub up” a piece of ducting toward the ceiling, that then goes to your intake box.
I actually like exhausting through the bottom if its cold cause it draws the heat from the lights down on to the plants, in addition to intaking from the top where the lung rooms warmest air is lingering.
Glad you got a handle on it, I like your filter box concept too. I got a ton of little tricks for gaining a degree or two here and there. Its the kind of stuff Ive had to do to make it work, both inside and greenhouse growing.
Cheers
Os

They do make fairly inexpensive temp controllers for the small seedling mats. They use a soil probe. The one I bought for small mats was under $20 a long time ago. The seed starting supplies are starting to show on shelves already in my area.
I run a small heat mat (10”x20”) under each of my 10 gal sip no till pots. They bump the temp up 5 degrees tops on that big of a soil mass. I run them 24/0 start of grow to finish during the winter.
Another option is to just use a timer to try and regulate temps on the mats.
You may be able to just “stub up” a piece of ducting toward the ceiling, that then goes to your intake box.
I actually like exhausting through the bottom if its cold cause it draws the heat from the lights down on to the plants, in addition to intaking from the top where the lung rooms warmest air is lingering.
Glad you got a handle on it, I like your filter box concept too. I got a ton of little tricks for gaining a degree or two here and there. Its the kind of stuff Ive had to do to make it work, both inside and greenhouse growing.
Cheers
Os
Thanks! That’s actually super helpful, temp probe for the heater mats sounds perfect. I’ll look into those for sure. If it was something I would use all the time, I’d get something that puts out more heat. But I really only need it for a couple weeks each year, the ease of storing a mat and controller and setting it up when I need it is very appealing. I’m gonna mess around with a few things.

Thanks! That’s actually super helpful, temp probe for the heater mats sounds perfect. I’ll look into those for sure. If it was something I would use all the time, I’d get something that puts out more heat. But I really only need it for a couple weeks each year, the ease of storing a mat and controller and setting it up when I need it is very appealing. I’m gonna mess around with a few things.
The controller for the small mats also has an easy to read digi display that shows the soil temp.
For High powered applications I also have some AgriTape mats. Thats a much pricier deal, but it was necessary for early starts in my greenhouse. Those require a very ‘robust’ temp controller.
Cheers my friend
Os

Beginning of day 37, it’s just been a week of slowly defoliating what I need to, watering and keeping the light at about 18-20”. Leaves grow as fast as I take them, still just cruising along. The one shorter, bushier 4AM x TD is finally starting to play some catch-up.

IMG_7467.jpeg

From 2 days ago, Blood Orange Haze on the left, 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay on the right
IMG_7486.jpeg

Taken a few hours after lights on

Really just keeping things simple for me this grow has been great, and things are just chugging along.

Beginning of Day 40. The Blood Orange Hazes are both now taller than the 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay that took off at first. My straggler plant is starting to look pretty good now, it’s gonna need some more defol coming up as it’s just dense and bushy still but starting to get stretching. I’ve just been maintaining the other three as they need it.

IMG_7493.jpeg

Back