Indoor Blood Orange Haze and 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay

FlyFishBill

Fish or Die
Reaction score
This is my 4th indoor grow. Started with FFOF, tried DWC, settled on living soil in the grassroots bed made for the autopot tray2grow system. I’m a big believer of less is more, so I wanted something that can be pretty hands off.

Setup is:
AC infinity 4x4 w/6” fan/filter, 2 6” fans
FCE6500 with the dongle for my controller 69
2 25-gallon living soil beds, waiting on my trays and such to come in
BAS 3.0 and amendments for later
Colorado Worm Company Vermicompost
2 Mephisto Blood Orange Haze
2 Mephisto 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay
Tap water filtered and set out

Ready, set, grow!

IMG_7205.jpeg

Fills the tent nicely, really dig the spots for a trellis net frame. Making the frames was easy, I had to cut PVC as they only get shipped with the connectors. 8 cubic feet of soil to fill them up.

IMG_7220.jpeg

I soaked my seeds for about 36 hours and they went straight in the soil. I didn’t take shots laying down the layer of cover crop seeds and vermicompost, which had a good amount of worms moving about it in. But this was after the seeds broke ground, as well as the cover crop. I used some pine bedding for pets I had laying around for a mulch layer.

IMG_7284.jpeg

This was on day 12. I may have been heavy handed with the cover crop, I chop and drop to keep it in check. Can’t wait for the ladies to get some height so I can let it go wild and not shade the plants. Good growth so far. I made some filter boxes from 12x12 filter and 12x12x16 boxes from Lowe’s, with 6” flanges. I have a dog and want to prevent as much hair from getting in there as possible.

This is my 4th indoor grow. Started with FFOF, tried DWC, settled on living soil in the grassroots bed made for the autopot tray2grow system. I’m a big believer of less is more, so I wanted something that can be pretty hands off.

Setup is:
AC infinity 4x4 w/6” fan/filter, 2 6” fans
FCE6500 with the dongle for my controller 69
2 25-gallon living soil beds, waiting on my trays and such to come in
BAS 3.0 and amendments for later
Colorado Worm Company Vermicompost
2 Mephisto Blood Orange Haze
2 Mephisto 4assed Monkey x Toof Decay
Tap water filtered and set out

Ready, set, grow!

View attachment 1658307
Fills the tent nicely, really dig the spots for a trellis net frame. Making the frames was easy, I had to cut PVC as they only get shipped with the connectors. 8 cubic feet of soil to fill them up.

View attachment 1658309
I soaked my seeds for about 36 hours and they went straight in the soil. I didn’t take shots laying down the layer of cover crop seeds and vermicompost, which had a good amount of worms moving about it in. But this was after the seeds broke ground, as well as the cover crop. I used some pine bedding for pets I had laying around for a mulch layer.

View attachment 1658311
This was on day 12. I may have been heavy handed with the cover crop, I chop and drop to keep it in check. Can’t wait for the ladies to get some height so I can let it go wild and not shade the plants. Good growth so far. I made some filter boxes from 12x12 filter and 12x12x16 boxes from Lowe’s, with 6” flanges. I have a dog and want to prevent as much hair from getting in there as possible.
That's pretty awesome. Maybe you did get a little crazy with the cover crop, but it's going to give you great mulch coverage!

That's pretty awesome. Maybe you did get a little crazy with the cover crop, but it's going to give you great mulch coverage!
Also it’s supposed to be good for pulling water up to the top of the soil. I have been following Jeremy from Build A Soil on YouTube for a while, I like the way he thinks and explains things.

Today marks 2 weeks since they broke ground. Environment has been better this grow, easier to maintain levels. I now vent my tent exhaust outside my window, I made an insert out of 2” foam insulation board that I doubled in thickness, I also route my dehumidifier hose out the same insert. That with the larger soil volume has been keeping things steadier.

As far as amendments for this grow, I got some basic stuff, but don’t plan on using as much the first round as their schedule recommends.

IMG_7311.jpeg

Rootwise microbe complete
Gnarly Barley
Craft Blend
Cover Crop
Build A Flower
CO Worm Company Vermicompost (not in pic)

I watered yesterday and added the rootwise to my sprayer. Trimmed the cover crop, again.

IMG_7310.jpeg

Blood Orange Haze is on the left, 4assed Moneky x Toof Decay on the right.

I forgot to post this earlier, but for anyone who needs a cheap way to filter your incoming air. I used a 6” duct flange, a new 12x16 cardboard box, and a 12x12 filter, made little tabs inside with the cardboard I cut out to keep the filter in place. I plan on making a more permanent box at some point, one that I can also use as riser for my reservoir, but this works great for about $20 each
IMG_7312.jpeg

Also it’s supposed to be good for pulling water up to the top of the soil. I have been following Jeremy from Build A Soil on YouTube for a while, I like the way he thinks and explains things.
That's why I started mulching and it's amazing how well it works, especially with living soil.

I decided not to sit through another season of his grows though. He keeps promising to do a good job with autos and just neglects them. It's easy to tell someone who doesn't really like to grow autos. Because he usually calls the autos "the autos" while referring to his photos by strain name. My wife's getting tired of me yelling at YouTube, so I quit watching it. :rofl:

That's why I started mulching and it's amazing how well it works, especially with living soil.

I decided not to sit through another season of his grows though. He keeps promising to do a good job with autos and just neglects them. It's easy to tell someone who doesn't really like to grow autos. Because he usually calls the autos "the autos" while referring to his photos by strain name. My wife's getting tired of me yelling at YouTube, so I quit watching it. :rofl:
I mainly watch for the knowledge, I do wish he would do more autos, and honestly more of his tropical tent and fancy plants I know nothing about growing either. I appreciate that he isn’t always using like a dozen products at a time, and gives alternatives you can maybe find locally. The content is mostly the same stuff over and over, but I’ll catch some tidbits here and there

I mainly watch for the knowledge, I do wish he would do more autos, and honestly more of his tropical tent and fancy plants I know nothing about growing either. I appreciate that he isn’t always using like a dozen products at a time, and gives alternatives you can maybe find locally. The content is mostly the same stuff over and over, but I’ll catch some tidbits here and there
:rofl: :frog: That is exactly why I kept watching as long as I did.

Thanks to Jeremy I have to get some Earthboxes. I love watching those things put out!

:rofl: :frog: That is exactly why I kept watching as long as I did.

Thanks to Jeremy I have to get some Earthboxes. I love watching those things put out!
Funny enough, on my YouTube feed right now he put out a video starting his next grow, and he’s starting with autoflowers again. Hopefully he’ll finally give them a good go.

I was actually torn between Earthboxes or the Autopot XXL’s for my next tent upgrade, then Jeremt collaborated with Grassroots to make these fabric beds for the autopot tray system.

Day 16, after their dark period this afternoon I’ll check if they need a little top off of water, heavily doused them a few days ago, so they won’t need much if any. Growth is looking pretty good so far, environment has been really steady. I am really enjoying being able to change everything without opening my tent, and being able to check on it with my Wyze camera…. Keeps me from opening the tent all the time, now it’s just for photos real quick.
IMG_7326.jpeg

IMG_7325.jpeg

IMG_7324.jpeg

Back