Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Hey Breeders and wanna breeders :toke:

Today I've pimped my growtent a bit.
Removed the table, fan and filter went outside and filter got replace by one inline filter. I just think something went wrong. Eighter I ordered the wrong filter or they sent me the wrong filter. I'm saying this as this thing looks humongus compared to the size of my tent, lol :rofl:
View attachment 1627398

Had to turn the tent the right way up to be able to connect the filter to the setup without using to much conduit. It does feel strange that the door opens to the left side all of a sudden, but hey...I'll get used to that I guess... 🤞
Look at all that verticale space I have gained...This amounts to approx. 40cm which I have more now. I really hope that expelling the air from the topside of the tent doesn't affect the great temperatures I've been having... 🤙
View attachment 1627399

Tested all systems and we're good to go...
Next thing to do is get some soil from the greenhouse, which has to be mixed before I fill all 16, 3.5L pots. This means a trip to the local plant store for some quality soil and a stop to the fishing shop for a couple of bags of fishing worms. The compost worms will come from the wormbin which has been doing overtime and is chockfull with worms...And the rest will come from the remainder of the soil I still have left after filling my pots this spring. All the bennies are inside and with the help from BioTabs, I'll be able to add all the neccesary products to get this soil started. 🤟
View attachment 1627403

But that's for another day.

Regards,

Bob :toke:
And I thought I had a huge filter in my 4×4 tent!!!!
The only negative to that setup is the makeup air is and where it's coming from. Now, that can be good if you don't have anything in the room to heat or cool it . It does put an additional load on whatever you're using to heat or cool the home.
Now, the positive is that it will always have a nice fresh supply of CO2. And naturally being in the house, it should be a little higher than the ambient outside CO2 levels.

I switched from a large CO2 filter in a 8 inch fan to AC Infinity six inch filter and fan.
The setup was fine with the Mars Hydro SP6500 with its narrow construction. when I switched over to the HLG Diablo 650 , I had to lower it to center it . By swapping the filter over, I gained several inches Back.
I lessened the suction head the fan had to work against by opening up the two bottom front vents. I took a little over a foot long section of AC Infinity 6 inch ventilation ducting. I put a slip on air filter, just a little screen, on one end and then slip the other end just inside the tent and cinched it down.
I had to take the hose back out and spray flat black on the inside to keep the reflected light down. With the light on you could see light coming out the end of the hose. That foil like material inside the hose really did reflect light all the way out. If it makes it out, some will make it in. That knocked it completely out.

The only negative to that setup is the makeup air is and where it's coming from
If you mean dust, well yeah...temperature wise, it's always been an issue, but let's keep our fingers crossed switching from bottom to top extraction doesn't make things worse.

I lessened the suction head the fan had to work against by opening up the two bottom front vents. I took a little over a foot long section of AC Infinity 6 inch ventilation ducting
I'm only using a 4inch fan. And even then, I never have the need to run it more then 60%

Hey guys,

We're off to a new start. This time inside the tent, which is as ready as it can be :headbang:
1693153411694 _small.jpg
1693153411689 _small.jpg

I'm going to run my Mephisto's Wedding x Sooty Bride, which is a Bx to the Mephisto's Wedding. Since I have loads of seeds from this cultivar I thought it would be fun to do a little experiment. Recently I read this thread, in which is being referred to some experiment concerning cold plasma. Read up in that thread if you're interested 👌
Anyway, I made up Five packets of 16 seeds each and gave it a designation.
1693429613182 _small.jpg

Each packet of seeds was exposed to the plasma for it's said duration...
1693429613191 _small.jpg

And then the seeds were placed, actually divided over two cotton pads.
1693429613156 _small.jpg

This plate got placed inside the tent with the heatpad on. Temperature/humidity probe right beside the plate and the temperature set to 25°C/77°F.
1693429613150 _small.jpg

Now we wait a couple of days and while we wait I'm going to prepare the soilmix with BioTabs' Startrex and Silicium Flash. Also gonna add some calcium, diatomaceous earth and what's left over of the soilmix I made earlier this year. Oh and let's not forget a handful of worms. Got's to have worms :thumbsup:

Regards,

Hey guys,

We're off to a new start. This time inside the tent, which is as ready as it can be :headbang:
View attachment 1627986View attachment 1627987

I'm going to run my Mephisto's Wedding x Sooty Bride, which is a Bx to the Mephisto's Wedding. Since I have loads of seeds from this cultivar I thought it would be fun to do a little experiment. Recently I read this thread, in which is being referred to some experiment concerning cold plasma. Read up in that thread if you're interested 👌
View attachment 1627989

View attachment 1627990

View attachment 1627991

This plate got placed inside the tent with the heatpad on. Temperature/humidity probe right beside the plate and the temperature set to 25°C/77°F.

Now we wait a couple of days and while we wait I'm going to prepare the soilmix with BioTabs' Startrex and Silicium Flash. Also gonna add some calcium, diatomaceous earth and what's left over of the soilmix I made earlier this year. Oh and let's not forget a handful of worms. Got's to have worms :thumbsup:

Regards,

Very interested to see how this plays out.:pop:

Hey guys,

View attachment 1627986View attachment 1627987

View attachment 1627989

View attachment 1627990

View attachment 1627991

View attachment 1627992

Regards,

Looking good mate! :thumbsup:Nice test too, 25 degrees on the pad is quite hot btw, personally I would put it on 20-22 degrees celsius maximum.

Having the prob on the plate also mean the pad can get even 26-27-28 degrees, which in my opinion is less beneficial than having 18-20 degrees. Just thinking out loud here..

Good luck with the test and the new round! :pop:

Looking good mate! :thumbsup:Nice test too, 25 degrees on the pad is quite hot btw, personally I would put it on 20-22 degrees celsius maximum.

Having the prob on the plate also mean the pad can get even 26-27-28 degrees, which in my opinion is less beneficial than having 18-20 degrees. Just thinking out loud here..

Good luck with the test and the new round! :pop:
Thanks again for the tip my friend ánd for sponsoring my next grow. :bow: Dutch Passion rules!! :worship: rules...rules....
I've adjusted the temperature to 19°C, not that the tent will go that low, with the boiler in the same room.
I'm off to get a fresh bag of soil, perlite, a couple of coco bricks and worms to mix together. Then when the BioTabs starter pack arrives I'll be mixing in the Startrex and Silicium Flash and the rest of the amendments like calcium and diatomaceous earth.

Mmhmm, this will be a great run, I can feel it in my tows :biggrin:

No @Bill.de.Cat, no I don't :pass: Thanks for the rep buddy :cheers:
I'm always in for an experiment and since I'm looking for the best seeds to continue my breeding project with, spending a couple more in the name of "science" is always a great excuse. I'm keeping tabs on which seeds do what and when. This will be my first selection process...

1693517402955 _large.jpg
1693517402949 _large.jpg

1693517402944 _large.jpg
1693517402936 _large.jpg
1693517402930 _large.jpg

If the experiment shows there is some truth to this, then well...I can forsee a lot of plasma balls being sold in the near future :rofl:
But for now the science tells us there is no difference between zapped and not zapped... On average seven seeds have cracked and this after only 24hours 👌
Normally I check my seeds after three days, but in the name of science, I'm checking every 24 hours. 👀

Regards,

@R Wayne, thanks for the rep buddy. If you want to see the whole experiment, go to this thread. A short summing of it, I don't believe using plasma balls is the way to go. I just took the 32 best sprouts from the batch and sowed these in the 16 pots I prepped. The rest got tossed in the chicken pen. They didn't last long, I tells ya :rofl:

Before I sowed the seeds I needed to prep my pots. The soil got mixed a couple of days ago, so I only needed to fill the pots and put a BioTab inside each one...
1693736054093 _large.jpg

After filling the pots, two sprouts went inside each one and covered lightly with a bit of earth. After all the pots got sowed I mixed 5 teaspoons of Bactrex in 5L of water and gave about half of it to the plants to be...
I installed my trusty DIY light, temperature, humidity and CO² sensor in the middle of the tent and put it as low as it could go.
1693736054088 _large.jpg

Now it's time to wait until the sprouts emerge from the soil...I'll give 'm a couple of days and get back to you guys when I do.
You all have a fine remaining weekend 🖖

Regards,

Back