Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Hey breeders and wanna breeders!! :toke:

Lookie here what the postman delivered into my mailbox today...:woohoo1:
I wish to show my gratitude towards Antonio and Dutch Passion for supporting my search to find my White Widow. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
From all the reps here on the forum, you guys absolutely win the price for support. I'll always be grateful for your generosity ♥♥♥
View attachment 1667909

Now...Let's get this show on the road. Yihaaaaw!! 🪶
Let's get this show on the road indeed @Bob's Auto's :pop::pop::pop:
Super nice to have you on board again mate, and I'm really looking forward to this one!!

I'll keep a close-eye:woohoo1:

And your welcome as always man, just super glad to be of help to you and the AFN community:cooldance:
Regs too!!!!!

He's extremely generous with their quality genetics!
He made me an offer to help me find meds for the veterans that I make medicine for. I had already asked him questions about several of his strains and made purchases based on his input. I told him that I'll run the genetics I have and then go from there and take him up on his offer at a later date.

The help that I've seen him give to many members here is one of the bigger reasons why I went to Dutch Passion In trying to find some good medicinal girls. And after doing quite a bit of searching, I found out that they were Among the first two really get into medicinals. That kind of just sealed the deal for me.

It's nice to have reps like that to support us!
Thanks bro, just trying to be helpful where and whenever I can, part of my human nature I guess, and even more so since this is a beautiful community that I feel a good sense of comradery and fellowship that I'm happy to be a part of, we all spread the love together on a global scale!:vibe:

Hey growers & blowers :toke:

Used the last remnants of the Starter Pack from BioTabs to prepare the seedling/light mix.
View attachment 1667498

Used the entire pack of Startrex together with the last half of a pack Silicium Flash. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1667499

Took the soil, perlite and additives with me outside and mixed it up on a tarp.
View attachment 1667500

Together with my youngest boy I filled 60 pouches and 69 P9 pots. The pouches will be used for my chilies & tomatoes and the P9 pots for the White Widow project. :woohoo1::woohoo::woohoo1::woohoo:
View attachment 1667501

I placed 23 pots in each Garland tray, keeping one spot open for easy watering...Then gave each tray 5L plain tap water to soak into the soil. There was no Bactrex added as I used the last of it when preparing the Biochar last year. :shrug:View attachment 1667502

I now have more pots then I actually need, but be sure of it that all the pots will receive a sprout :eyebrows:
Later this afternoon/evening, me and my boy will be sowing the chili and tomato seeds.
The Garland trays will be placed inside the Mars Hydro 60x60x140 tent, waiting until I received the seeds. Meanwhile the Startrex can do it's thing.
St.Tom, if the people from BioTabs like what they see, you know how they can get into contact with me, right? :cheers:

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Hey Bob! Im thinking ahead to the next grow and really interested/tempted to give Bio Tabs a go, they look like a great organic approach. Are they as easy to use as the info sheet suggests?

Hey Bob! Im thinking ahead to the next grow and really interested/tempted to give Bio Tabs a go, they look like a great organic approach. Are they as easy to use as the info sheet suggests?
Brother, you can't go wrong with BioTabs 👌
It's as easy as making a cake. You just put all the ingredients into a container, mix everything well together and fill your pots.
Depending on how much medium (ie, soil) you use you press the BioTab(s) themselve(s) into the soil. 1st time you water the soil, add some Bactrex to it to activate everything and from then on it's (tap)water only, NO NEED TO ADJUST THE PH!! :hump:
Just make sure the water is dechlorinated, which you can do by airing the water for 24 hours. I always have a 5L bucket in my study. If you want you can add an aquarium pump with airstone and you'll be able to use the water after 4-8 hours...
If you read this thread you'll find loads of info on the subject as I've been growing with this method for almost two years now...NEVER going back to chemical nutes for my growing :nonono:

Last edited:
Brother, you can't go wrong with BioTabs 👌
It's as easy as making a cake. You just put all the ingredients into a container, mix everything well together and fill your pots.
Depending on how much medium (ie, soil) you use you press the BioTab(s) themselve(s) into the soil. 1st time you water the soil, add some Bactrex to it to activate everything and from then on it's (tap)water only, NO NEED THE PH ADJUST!! :hump:
Just make sure the water is dechlorinated, which you can do by airing the water for 24 hours. I always have a 5L bucket in my study. If you want you can add an aquarium pump with airstone and you'll be able to use the water after 4-8 hours...
If you read this thread you'll find loads of info on the subject as I've been growing with this method for almost two years now...NEVER going back to chemical nutes for my growing :nonono:
Thanks Bob, ill delfe a bit deeper! I've tried Biobizz in the past and not really got on but that sounds perfect to me, loving the idea of ditching the pens...
I notice you do a lot of work on your soil but it would work fine with plagron light mix?

Thanks Bob, ill delfe a bit deeper! I've tried Biobizz in the past and not really got on but that sounds perfect to me, loving the idea of ditching the pens...
I notice you do a lot of work on your soil but it would work fine with plagron light mix?
Yup brother. Lightmix is perfect to start with. If you can't find this, any quality seedling/light mix is perfect in combination with the BioTabs nutrient line.
Ever since BioTabs decided not to sponsor me anymore, I've been on a Organic quest sort to speak...BioTabs was way easier, but I just can't justify spending the money it costs. My missus would kill me if I tell her I spent >250€/year on plant food...
I've found replacements for all the products in the Starter Pack. One thing I couldn't figure out was the Boom Boom Spray, which I recommend you also order if you're going for BioTabs. This product will boost the plants enormously. If you look at my time lapses just after dowsing the plants with the stuff you'll see what I mean. I was lucky enough to buy a 250ml bottle for around 20€ or so...don't quite remember, but that bottle will last me for years to come so.
For the blooming phase you have two choices. Either you go with the Compost tea or the Bio PK 5-8. It depends on which you prefer :shrug:

The advantage of BioTabs' nutrient line is that it's focused on activating your soil life. So adding worms, Bokashi, biochar ánd molasses helps with enlarging that organic life within. If you order a Starter Pack & a bottle of Bio PK 5-8 and be smart about it, you only need a few products to expand that. I used one Starter Pack to make enough nutrient to last me a years worth of growing. And that's including my upcoming White Widow project, which btw I wouldn't have been able to do without the support from Dutch Passion :bow:

Oh, almost forgot...The game is a foot!!
I've placed all the seeds onto cotton pads and followed Antonio's foolproof method of germinating.
But more on that in a bit. :coffee:
I'm sorting out some things with a well know light manufacturer and the outcome will decide where the new thread will be nested. 😉
Wish me luck 🤞

1709071211214 _small.jpg

Regards,

Hey guys,

Most of you will have noticed I've switched threads. You can continue reading about my breeding adventures in the following thread

Regards,

Kickstarting this thread back to life!!! New
Hey Breeders and Wannabreeders :toke:

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. The main reason was that I wanted to give @Marshydro the chance to do the right thing and sponsor a light for a four year contract, but they rather support YouTubers and Instagrammers. Their loss, the "Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics" thread is 8 weeks old and got 6K views and growing. And as long as there's no sponsoring I'm doing my utmost best to remove any logo from said company. We have a saying in our country. "Voor niets gaat de zon op"

Anyway, let's continue with positive information...Breeding....

A while ago, @Shiva's Mistress pointed me towards La Buena Hierba. Telling me they have regular auto's for sale. So I went onto the site and after some serious selecting and chatting with the owner, I ended up with the Super-Auto Copacabana Haze. It's got a fairly long lifespan and that's where the Super-Auto term comes from. These cultivars have been back-crossed to the original photo parent so many times that only a very small part of the auto gene is left. But they still autoflower after four weeks. The remaining 11-12 weeks is the "flowering period, which is very long, but luckily I have ample room inside the greenhouse.
I've calculated that when I start germination today the plants will be ready mid August, which is fine by me. So this is the first of the autoflowers I'm going to grow inside the greenhouse.

I bought ten seeds, but am only going to germinate five.
1714696761198 _small.jpg

I gathered all my supplies...
  • ISO for sterilizing the plate the cotton pad would be placed upon.
  • Non-bleached organic cotton pads
  • Clingfoil to cover up the plate a keep humidity high. Normally I would use microwave foil as this got small holes punctures, but with the clingfoil wrapped around the plate I was able to puncture holes with the pointy end of the pair of scissors.
  • A small amount of demineralized water
  • A couple of drop H²O²
1714696761192 _small.jpg

The cotton pad got soaked with the demineralized water and then got four drops of the H²O² added. This isn't necessary, but I do use it because we don't know what nasties are on the seeds themselves. Then I spread out the seeds as far as possible from each other. A maximum of five seeds/cotton pad is recommended. Any more and you run the risk of intertwining the roots when they germinate.
1714696761187 _small.jpg

On top of the seeds went another cotton pad which also got soaked with the demi-water.
In this case the tag on the plate is kinda moot as there's only one cotton pad with one cultivar on the whole plate, but old habbits die hard, so I do what I normally do.
On top of that I wrapped the plate with the clingfoil and poked some holes with the pair of scissors.
1714696761182 _small.jpg

I've also got one of my five mini propagators out of storage and put it inside a plastic resealable bag. Into the bag, I poured a heafty dose of H²O² (12%), sealed the bag and shook it really well. When the seeds emerge I'll be flushing the bag with tap water and drip dry the mini propagator.
I've still got some of them clonex cubes left over from the White Widow project and will be using these to plant the sprouts into when they germinate.
The mini prop got twenty spots for such cubes, so I can spread the five without running the risk that any one of them can touch another.

Now the waiting game starts again. Two to three days and we should see tails emerging from the seeds.

See you guys very soon!!

Regards,

@Antonio_DutchPassion @Marshydro @Bill.de.Cat @Cannaficionado @Corum59 @Crow River @DCLXVI @DOA @Doctor's Choice @Don't Fear the Reefer @Egg @Emerald Archer @FarmerJake @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Lil Dab @Mañ'O'Green @MasonJarOG @Mozzy @Mossy @N/A-Greengo @parsing_trees @pop22 @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Rick Dirte' @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @Vapo @WildBill

Last edited:

It's been a while since I posted in this thread. The main reason was that I wanted to give @Marshydro the chance to do the right thing and sponsor a light for a four year contract, but they rather support YouTubers and Instagrammers. Their loss, the "Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics" thread is 8 weeks old and got 6K views and growing. And as long as there's no sponsoring I'm doing my utmost best to remove any logo from said company. We have a saying in our country. "Voor niets gaat de zon op"

A while ago, @Shiva's Mistress pointed me towards La Buena Hierba. Telling me they have regular auto's for sale. So I went onto the site and after some serious selecting and chatting with the owner, I ended up with the Super-Auto Copacabana Haze. It's got a fairly long lifespan and that's where the Super-Auto term comes from. These cultivars have been back-crossed to the original photo parent so many times that only a very small part of the auto gene is left. But they still autoflower after four weeks. The remaining 11-12 weeks is the "flowering period, which is very long, but luckily I have ample room inside the greenhouse.
I've calculated that when I start germination today the plants will be ready mid August, which is fine by me. So this is the first of the autoflowers I'm going to grow inside the greenhouse.

View attachment 1680574

• Clingfoil to cover up the plate a keep humidity high. Normally I would use microwave foil as this got small holes punctures, but with the clingfoil wrapped around the plate I was able to puncture holes with the pointy end of the pair of scissors.
  • A couple of drop H²O²
View attachment 1680575

The cotton pad got soaked with the demineralized water and then got four drops of the H²O² added. This isn't necessary, but I do use it because we don't know what nasties are on the seeds themselves. Then I spread out the seeds as far as possible from each other. A maximum of five seeds/cotton pad is recommended. Any more and you run the risk of intertwining the roots when they germinate.
View attachment 1680578

On top of the seeds went another cotton pad which also got soaked with the demi-water.
In this case the tag on the plate is kinda moot as there's only on cotton pad with one cultivar on the whole plate, but old habbits die hard, so I do what I normally do.
On top of that I wrapped the plate with the clingfoil and poked some holes with the pair of scissors.
View attachment 1680585

I've also got one of my five mini propagators out of storage and put it inside a plastic resealable bag. Into the bag, I poured a heafty dose of H²O² (12%), sealed the bag and shook it really well. When the seeds emerge I'll be flushing the bag with tap water and drip dry the mini propagator.
I've still got some of them clonex cubes left over from the White Widow project and will be using these to plant the sprouts into when they germinate.
The mini prop got twenty spots for such cubes, so I can spread the five without running the risk that any one of them can touch another.

Now the waiting game starts again. Two to three days and we should see tails emerging from the seeds.

See you guys very soon!!

Regards,

@Antonio_DutchPassion @Marshydro @Bill.de.Cat @Cannaficionado @Corum59 @Crow River @DCLXVI @DOA @Doctor's Choice @Don't Fear the Reefer @Egg @Emerald Archer @FarmerJake @FullMoonparty @hecno @Hog_M@Gundy @JP1 @kfigerm @Lil Dab @Mañ'O'Green @MasonJarOG @Mozzy @Mossy @N/A-Greengo @parsing_trees @pop22 @R Wayne @Rasterman @Redeye Master @Rick Dirte' @Sawney_bean @St. Tom @tobe @Vapo @WildBill

Keep kicking ass Bob:vibe:

View attachment 1680574

• A couple of drop H²O²
View attachment 1680575

View attachment 1680578

In this case the tag on the plate is kinda moot as there's only one cotton pad with one cultivar on the whole plate, but old habbits die hard, so I do what I normally do.
View attachment 1680585

See you guys very soon!!

Regards,

Their loss Bob!!
But I'm really interested to see where this one's going... :pop:

Back