Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Project Swamp Wine - Day 52
Hey breeders and wannabreeders :toke:

Pistil production is slowly shutting down on these girls...
1704745360488 _small.jpg

Time for all those calyx's to start swelling up and expand them buds.
1704745360492 _small.jpg

To do aid in this I removed the largest fan leaves so even more light could penetrate the small leaves surrounding the budsites.
1704745360497 _small.jpg

Lot's of Sativa in this Skywalker OG x UK Cheese, they are the largest of the bunch...
1704745360484 _small.jpg

This soil is superhealthy boys and girls. And this is the secret to fine gardening... Maintain a great environment for all the soil life and keep them happy.
1704745360479 _small.jpg

All I've been giving them is water with some molasses added to it...The molasses has some other ingredients added to it which you can find earlier in this thread 👌
1704745360474 _small.jpg

This entire grow will most likely be turned into hash. The amount of seeds inside the buds is just...pfff...too much for one person to use in a lifetime. So buddy, be sure to check you mailbox in a couple of months when all are dry and clean. :pass:
1704745360469 _small.jpg

The Cheeses are looking very nice indeed. One is wide and has loads of smaller budsites and the other is one large cola with a couple of sidenodes.
1704745360465 _small.jpg

And in the back the Double Grape x 3BOG, which except for the amount of frost isn't producing much bud. Has anyone have an idea how long these will go start to finish?
1704745360459 _small.jpg

And to end today's post another time lapse from the last days. Not much happening except for the occasional bud theft...See if you can spot the thief...
Speed = 30fps, duration = 97 hours. :pop: Enjoy :thanks:

Regards,

Bob :toke:

@Emerald Archer, thanks again for the rep point brother!! :cheers: My dyslectic mind first read pro...lapse...mhmmmm....:face:never mind :haha:

Anywho,

Today the postman rang...twice...lol, and handed me over two parcels I ordered for my Clone/Mother/Father tent. :woohoo1:
Both the three meter LED COB strip and the WiFi Power Strip arrived. And so I got my glue kit out and got to work.
1704809584795 _small.jpg

I scratched the surface of the powerstrip where it makes contact with the aluminum extruded rod. Mixed up some two-compound glue and started spreading it out on the aluminum. Pressed the powerstrip against it and temporarily secured it with tape. This stuff takes ages to cure :shrug:
1704809584790 _small.jpg

I quickly programmed a D1 mini clone with my temperature/humidity/VPD code and soldered a SHT30 to the wires coming out of the device. Then superglued it to the casing of the powerstrip. The powerstrip provides the power for this device, although the USB-C cable itself is a bit too long...
1704809584784 _small.jpg

Before mounting it inside the tent I just needed to secure the dimmer switch of the LED COB strip. Which also got superglued to the aluminum, something I probably could have done with the powerstrip as well... The tape surrounding the powerstrip will get removed in a couple of days, but I first want to be sure it holds...
1704809584764 _small.jpg

Anyway, this was my small update on this build. The LED COB strip provides an ample amount of light when dialed to the maximum. You won't be growing big fat buds under this light, but it will keep a plant alive, of that I'm certain.

Regards,

@Emerald Archer, thanks again for the rep point brother!! :cheers: My dyslectic mind first read pro...lapse...mhmmmm....:face:never mind :haha:

Anywho,

Today the postman rang...twice...lol, and handed me over two parcels I ordered for my Clone/Mother/Father tent. :woohoo1:
Both the three meter LED COB strip and the WiFi Power Strip arrived. And so I got my glue kit out and got to work.
View attachment 1658222

I scratched the surface of the powerstrip where it makes contact with the aluminum extruded rod. Mixed up some two-compound glue and started spreading it out on the aluminum. Pressed the powerstrip against it and temporarily secured it with tape. This stuff takes ages to cure :shrug:
View attachment 1658223

I quickly programmed a D1 mini clone with my temperature/humidity/VPD code and soldered a SHT30 to the wires coming out of the device. Then superglued it to the casing of the powerstrip. The powerstrip provides the power for this device, although the USB-C cable itself is a bit too long...
View attachment 1658224

Before mounting it inside the tent I just needed to secure the dimmer switch of the LED COB strip. Which also got superglued to the aluminum, something I probably could have done with the powerstrip as well... The tape surrounding the powerstrip will get removed in a couple of days, but I first want to be sure it holds...
View attachment 1658225

Anyway, this was my small update on this build. The LED COB strip provides an ample amount of light when dialed to the maximum. You won't be growing big fat buds under this light, but it will keep a plant alive, of that I'm certain.

Regards,

I just had a 3 meter dimmable 3000k cob strip delivered too, used it to light up the corner of the living room, it did not occur to me that it might be some fun in the tent....:toke:

just had to test the ppfd and dli @3-10cm after reading your thread, of course not all strip leds are created equal. and mine is just for room lighting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240109-155537_PPFD Meter.png
    Screenshot_20240109-155537_PPFD Meter.png
    293 KB · Views: 5
@DOA, Thanks for the rep dude :cheers:

I just had a 3 meter dimmable 3000k cob strip delivered too, used it to light up the corner of the living room, it did not occur to me that it might be some fun in the tent....:toke:

just had to test the ppfd and dli @3-10cm after reading your thread, of course not all strip leds are created equal. and mine is just for room lighting.
Like I said, you won't be growing big buds under that light, but it'll keep the plants alive 👌

I too am blessed with the curse of dyslexia.. have to re-read things cause my vision scrambles, adds and subtracts and divides words and spits out newly formed words or phrases that arent there on the second read back…lol. I have adjusted, but I definitely double take words sometimes only to see it was not what i first absurdly glimpsed.

@DOA, Thanks for the rep dude :cheers:

Like I said, you won't be growing big buds under that light, but it'll keep the plants alive 👌
and alive is a good thing, as they are also waterproof they could be used to light up the plants from the bottom or run through the branches like a christmas tree.... I also have a multi coloured 5m cob strip, that was delivered today... can set it to flow through the colours,on a timer or even to music, maybe the plants would enjoy a bit of 70's disco life.... gotta admit i might be tempted on that one :baked:

Last edited:
and alive is a good thing, as they are also waterproof they could be used to light up the plants from the bottom or run through the branches like a christmas tree.... I also have a multi coloured 5m cob strip, that was delivered today... can set it flow through the colours, or even to music, maybe the plants would enjoy a bit of 70's disco life.... gotta admit i might be tempted on that one :baked:

Project Swamp Wine - Day 57
Hey guys :toke:

How's everything going on with your grows? Haven't had much time to visit your threads this week...busy busy busy...But I've made time today. so all be warned, because I'm coming :drunks:
Inside the tent everything is slowing down as expected. The plants have stopped growing and are busy expanding those budsites.
To switch things up, I'm showing the time lapse now. I've sped things up so speed = 120fps! & duration = 112 hours. Enjoy :pop:

I'm blasting these ladies with a total of four hours of UV (A & B) light and the reaction is very noticeable through the amount of trichomes the plants are producing. 😎
1705152701944 _small.jpg

Even larger leaves are covered with these "little ball sacks of fun"...
1705152701949 _small.jpg

The Cheese XXL #2 is expanding really nice. This is the phenotype with the one main cola... 👌
1705152701953 _small.jpg

The pistils have shriveled up completely on this plant. Only one more thing todo, right? :hump:
1705152701958 _small.jpg

The amount of trichomes on some of the specimens is just soooo nice and they still have expanding to do. Noice!!! :cool1:
1705152701963 _small.jpg

I've only been giving the plants water with the molasses mix, both the veg and bloom version in equal amounts. Looking at the majority of the leaves this was a good discission as they are still looking healthy. Of course, near the end the plant isn't going to put energy into producing new leaves so we play the hand we are dealt... 🖐️
1705152701967 _small.jpg

Doesn't this Slaughtered Lamb look scrumptious... :fire:
1705152701972 _small.jpg

Next beside it, is my (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride, chockful with seeds!! :woohoo1:
1705152701977 _small.jpg

Left side of the tent...
1705152701914 _small.jpg

Right side...
1705152701918 _small.jpg

Full frontal :astar:
1705152701926 _small.jpg

Oh, I'm getting everything together to start sowing for my new project...the search for my 90's White Widow goes a foot...
@Antonio_DutchPassion, again thank you and Dutch Passion for sponsoring the seeds ♥. I've sent you a pm with my information. :d5:

Regards,

@Emerald Archer, thanks buddy :cheers:
Just bought/ordered myself two Secret Jardin reduction flanges, three garland trays, an XL clone/seedling tray, a 15W fan and a heatmat (size 48x20inch / 120x50cm). That's about all I need for fluffing out the seedling/clone tent...The flanges will be used to connect the two tents together. This will assure a good seal and transfer fresh air through the system. 👌
The Garland "self watering" trays, I found by accident while I was looking for the 60x60 tray I bought for my other tent. These self watering trays were actually cheaper then the 60x60, so I opted for three of these. I'm not planning on using the wicking feature as seedlings will need to be watered by hand, but it's always nice to have something on hand to keep the plants happy for a couple of days if need be...
The clone/seedling tray is something I don't need for now as this one will be used to take clones from the White Widow plants grown from seed, but since shipping is a bitch I chose to add it to my order now instead of paying again in a month or so. :shrug:
The heatmat, I found a while ago on Ali...it's 50€, but then the whole tent floor will be heated. The device even got a digital temperature controller with an external temperature probe, nice!!! 🌡️

Back