Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Do you have VLC player? I used this to compress my clips with. 55MB will become 10MB.
Start VLC, press CTRL+R. Add your clip (best todo one at a time) and click convert/save.
In the window that opens up set the profile to Video for Android HD and browse to the location where you want your resized video file.
View attachment 1667535

And Bob's your uncle :toke: :rofl:

I run a iPhone and Mac used to have a windows pc but only apple devices now not sure if VLC is available for iOS :gassy:

I run a iPhone and Mac used to have a windows pc but only apple devices now not sure if VLC is available for iOS :gassy:
Of course it it :cheers:

Edit: That's about it on support for Mac devices as I cannot work with these. Just give me a puter with FreeBSD and I'm off, but Mac...Oh boy....

Edit: That's about it on support for Mac devices as I cannot work with these. Just give me a puter with FreeBSD and I'm off, but Mac...Oh boy....

ohh ok thank you!!! I will play with it I'm no computer wiz I just get by with trail and error :doh::headbang::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::pass::thanks:

Hey guys :toke:

The DOB's have arrived and passed customs. So, early next week my DIM light build will be done...YES!! Finally I can get started with this new project of mine!!
So tonight I started with some boring stuff, but it is something I still wanted to share with y'all :cheers:
View attachment 1667395

Folding little seedling pouches... :shrug::haha:
I have the same bags in a larger size, but I wanted to use these first to plant the sprouts in, so I can transfer these pouches in the larger ones when they have enough roots. Don't want a repeat of last time, planting the sprouts in my organic soil mix. It's just to active with life and while I swear by it, it's just too aggressive for the taproots.
I'll be using Startrex and some Silicium Flash from BioTabs to mix with a fresh bag of seedling/light mix. That will be enough until I see roots emerging from the sides.

From left to right...The bags as they arrived, then a bag folded into itself, followed by another baggie pulled over a small spice jar so they are inside out. Finally the baggies that were done. I have approximately 100 pouches which are folded now. The missus was laughing loud when I was folding them as this is really boring work and I was complaining about it, but it needs to be done. :coffee2::haha:
View attachment 1667394

Tomorrow I'll be getting the soil and start filling the pouches. Only need to find something that can hold the pouches when filled, hmmmm🤔 Ok, those are the meds, I'll be placing the pouches inside my XL Garland High Dome propagator. :coffee2:
Hopefully the seeds from Dutch Passion will arrive soon and then we're off to a flying start 🤞

I wish you all a great morning/day/evening and hope all is well. ♥

Bob :toke:
What's the thinking on turning the bags inside out? You planning on taking the bags off to transplant? :pass:

What's the thinking on turning the bags inside out? You planning on taking the bags off to transplant? :pass:
Turning the bags inside out helps in giving it a stable base and no, these bags are made from a very thin fabric like material. The roots grow through these ripping them apart by the end of the grow. removing the bag before transplanting would also mean damaging the roots.

3....2....1....Go!!
Hey breeders and wanna breeders!! :toke:

Lookie here what the postman delivered into my mailbox today...:woohoo1:
I wish to show my gratitude towards Antonio and Dutch Passion for supporting my search to find my White Widow. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
From all the reps here on the forum, you guys absolutely win the price for support. I'll always be grateful for your generosity ♥♥♥
1708959822556 _small.jpg

Now...Let's get this show on the road. Yihaaaaw!! 🪶

Wait - which Mac are you using? I thought it was BSD, given that's the only way I know how to talk to that alien 'thing.' :rofl: To me, it's that piece of 💩 that I'm only any good at using the console, and damned if its shell manages to be just incompatible enough to make writing scripts an occasional pita.

Hey breeders and wanna breeders!! :toke:

Lookie here what the postman delivered into my mailbox today...:woohoo1:
I wish to show my gratitude towards Antonio and Dutch Passion for supporting my search to find my White Widow. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!!!
From all the reps here on the forum, you guys absolutely win the price for support. I'll always be grateful for your generosity ♥♥♥
View attachment 1667909

Now...Let's get this show on the road. Yihaaaaw!! 🪶
Regs too!!!!!

He's extremely generous with their quality genetics!
He made me an offer to help me find meds for the veterans that I make medicine for. I had already asked him questions about several of his strains and made purchases based on his input. I told him that I'll run the genetics I have and then go from there and take him up on his offer at a later date.

The help that I've seen him give to many members here is one of the bigger reasons why I went to Dutch Passion In trying to find some good medicinal girls. And after doing quite a bit of searching, I found out that they were Among the first two really get into medicinals. That kind of just sealed the deal for me.

It's nice to have reps like that to support us!

Hey guys :toke:

Just wanted to let you know that the DOB's have arrived and I have replaced the old COB's with the new one's.
They don't make a popping sound anymore even with the old triac dimmer, but the light is flickering a lot...Again, not when powered to 100%, but as soon as I dim the lights they start flickering depending on how much I dim them.
I'm stress-testing the setup now as I rather have something go wrong when the light is outside the tent, but DOB's or COB's...I wouldn't recommend them for dimming...

Luckily I have something in the pipeline which in turn would make this setup obsolete. Let's keep our fingers crossed 🤞

Regards,

Bob :thumbsup:

Back