Bob's Journey into Hybridisation and Genetics - For Dummies

Hey guys :toke:

How's everything going on with your grows? Haven't had much time to visit your threads this week...busy busy busy...But I've made time today. so all be warned, because I'm coming :drunks:
Inside the tent everything is slowing down as expected. The plants have stopped growing and are busy expanding those budsites.
To switch things up, I'm showing the time lapse now. I've sped things up so speed = 120fps! & duration = 112 hours. Enjoy :pop:
View attachment 1658972

I'm blasting these ladies with a total of four hours of UV (A & B) light and the reaction is very noticeable through the amount of trichomes the plants are producing. 😎
View attachment 1658973

Even larger leaves are covered with these "little ball sacks of fun"...
View attachment 1658974

The Cheese XXL #2 is expanding really nice. This is the phenotype with the one main cola... 👌
View attachment 1658975

The pistils have shriveled up completely on this plant. Only one more thing todo, right? :hump:
View attachment 1658976

The amount of trichomes on some of the specimens is just soooo nice and they still have expanding to do. Noice!!! :cool1:
View attachment 1658977

I've only been giving the plants water with the molasses mix, both the veg and bloom version in equal amounts. Looking at the majority of the leaves this was a good discission as they are still looking healthy. Of course, near the end the plant isn't going to put energy into producing new leaves so we play the hand we are dealt... 🖐️
View attachment 1658978
Doesn't this Slaughtered Lamb look scrumptious... :fire:
View attachment 1658979

Next beside it, is my (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride, chockful with seeds!! :woohoo1:
View attachment 1658980

Left side of the tent...
View attachment 1658982

Right side...
View attachment 1658983
Full frontal :astar:
View attachment 1658984

Oh, I'm getting everything together to start sowing for my new project...the search for my 90's White Widow goes a foot...
@Antonio_DutchPassion, again thank you and Dutch Passion for sponsoring the seeds ♥. I've sent you a pm with my information. :d5:

Regards,

Bob :toke:
Nice mate, and you're welcome ofc!

I'll get you some beans your way today!

Project Swamp Wine - Day 62
@Emerald Archer, again buddy. Thank you for the rep points!!

Nice mate, and you're welcome ofc!

I'll get you some beans your way today!
You are the best my friend!!! :cheers:

Inside the tent everything is slowly coming to an end. The foliage is dying off and the buds are swelling up.
1705589356769 _small.jpg

I've stopped giving anything else then plain water.
1705589356756 _small.jpg

Ok, these are pictures taken with a flash, but look at them trichomes...mhmmmmm
1705589356752 _small.jpg

And all of them are chockfull with seeds. I've been sampling some pieces and there's almost nothing left when the seeds are removed so...
1705589356747 _small.jpg

Luckily vaping the stuff doesn't give me a headache and I can still sample and select.
1705589356743 _small.jpg

Going to have to dry the sh!t out of these ladies so I can separate the trichomes from the seeds and plant material. Hopefully I can make me some hash from the dry sift.
1705589356738 _small.jpg

And here's another time lapse. Again 120fps and duration = 124 hours. Enjoy :pop:

Regards,

Project Swamp Wine - Day 64
Hey Breeders and wannabreeders :toke:

As I said Thursday, this show is finally coming to an end...I've started to take some scope pictures from the trichomes...
1705765633030 _small.jpg

The one above and below are from my selected specimen Cheese XXL #1 from Dinafem.
1705765633018 _small.jpg

This is the Cheese XXL #2. I've selected #1 to continue breeding with, for now. The buds have a more dence carpet of trichomes then #2, but I think #2 will have a larger harvest to her. The final choice will come when smoking. And I've been trying some of these buds and must say, #1 sure smells and tastes better.
1705765633007 _small.jpg

1705765632993 _small.jpg

These are the trichomes of Double Grape x 3 Bears OG #2. #1 is looking like crap...But that happens...:shrug:
1705765632983 _small.jpg

This Double Grape x 3 Bears OG #1 will still need some time to get some color to them trichomes...
1705765632971 _small.jpg

...But then, they are a plenty :cooldance:
1705765632961 _small.jpg

My brother @Sawney_bean's Slaughtered Lamb #3. This is the pertiest of them all and covered in frost!! She is also the furthest of them all at only 64 days. Bro, you have a knack of breeding superfast auto's mate!! :d5:
1705765632942 _small.jpg

Came across this gnat...Should have stayed away from those trichomes mf'r :finger::haha:
1705765632909 _small.jpg

This is (Double Grape x Toof Decay) x Sooty Bride, which is my own 3th gen. creation. #3 will be the one to continue with. 👌 As the others aren't showing much potential. That's ok, these are F1 so they will display lot's of vigor and that's when you find that extra frosty one...Yup, #3 will do just fine!!
1705765632900 _small.jpg

To end things, the only semi decent picture from the trichomes of Skywalker OG x UK Cheese #1. This has been my choice from the first selection and it keeps doing things the way I like 'm to be. So she will be used to continue project Swamp Wine with 💪
1705765632888 _small.jpg

Anyway, that's it for today. No time lapse as things are moving so slowly a clip ran at 120fps would be over in 3 seconds... So I'd rather have you wait a couple more days and actually see something. 🎬

Regards,

Hilarious, that fly went with a woosh. Lol
I appreciate the comments my friend as always.
Breed them #1 frosty and fast, #2 big buds , #3 structure . Just the cap stone of the SAWNEY CODE.
Looking forward to the results mate.
Love you're input.

Thanks mate for all you do in you're posts.
All I do is thumb it up and it seems slightly disrespectful for such content. My excuse is I'm a cave dwelling creature with adhddhdadhad, lol work that disfunction out.

This experience of weed is a ride for sure and won't end for me , I will carry it to the next realm and make more mofos happy.
See you there for a discount. Lol

Project Swamp Wine - Day 65 - Harvest
Hey AFN fam :toke:

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have cut this project short by a week or two.
Y0071143 _small.JPG

I'm not going to elaborate, but everything had to go...
Y0071144 _small.JPG

I selected some prime buds from each specimen which I wanted the seed from and loaded the dryer.
Y0071145 _small.JPG

There were some super frosty specimens, but due to the circumstances I didn't take pictures...These are from the time lapse camera...
Y0071146 _small.JPG

The best of the best of each cultivar loaded into the dryer. And then the dryer went into the tent with everything off, except for the extraction fan and the dryer itself.
1705918071996 _small.jpg

After four days the buds were nice and crisp and could be crushed so the seeds would become visible.
Y0080001 _small.JPG

I harvested about 500 seeds from all the buds collected earlier this week. So all is good on the breeding track :thumbsup:
The box below got packed up into more cardboard and then went inside the outside furnace to be burned.
1705918072003 _small.jpg

This means, no canna in the house for a while. Will do me good I believe 💪
So this is the final time lapse for this project. Speed = 120fps, duration = 92 hours.

Until further notice this thread is on pause. Thank you all for all the kind words and reps I received! ♥

Regards,

Hey AFN fam :toke:

Due to unforeseen circumstances I have cut this project short by a week or two.
View attachment 1661592

I'm not going to elaborate, but everything had to go...
View attachment 1661593

I selected some prime buds from each specimen which I wanted the seed from and loaded the dryer.
View attachment 1661594

There were some super frosty specimens, but due to the circumstances I didn't take pictures...These are from the time lapse camera...
View attachment 1661595

The best of the best of each cultivar loaded into the dryer. And then the dryer went into the tent with everything off, except for the extraction fan and the dryer itself.
View attachment 1661596

After four days the buds were nice and crisp and could be crushed so the seeds would become visible.
View attachment 1661597

I harvested about 500 seeds from all the buds collected earlier this week. So all is good on the breeding track :thumbsup:
The box below got packed up into more cardboard and then went inside the outside furnace to be burned.
View attachment 1661598

This means, no canna in the house for a while. Will do me good I believe 💪
So this is the final time lapse for this project. Speed = 120fps, duration = 92 hours.
View attachment 1661599

Until further notice this thread is on pause. Thank you all for all the kind words and reps I received! ♥

Regards,

Take care bud. I'll be looking forward to seeing you again at some point.

Back