Bob's search for the real White Widow with Dutch Passion's regular genetics

Day 36 New
Hey Growers & Blowers :toke:

Today several packages arrived, two of them were for my 'hobby'... :woohoo1:
One box with ten trays of 150 Eazy Plugs. They are a lot smaller then the Clonex cubes, but will do just fine :thumbsup:
So Antonio, if you need a clone in the near future...I've got ya covered buddy :cheers:
1712760357999 _small.jpg

Also my auction winnings arrived...Man, was that a hoot!! Just couldn't stop bidding, very addictive indeed!
The reason I went for so many cultivars is that Shanti turned 60 not so long ago and things can/do happen. When he kicks the bucket prices for his cultivars will go through the roof, just like what happened when Nevil past away. So these seeds will go straight into the fridge until I'm ready for them.
Like I said to my missus, this is an investment. And what do you know, starting prices just went up with 2.5€ so I already saved +20€ on buying these seeds when I did.
1712760357987 _small.jpg

In total I got 9 hybrids.
  • Early Skunk
  • NL5 x Skunk
  • Afghan Haze
  • Early Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • Critical Skunk
  • G13 x Afghan Skunk
  • G13 x Widow
  • Early Skunk Haze

Loads of Skunk crosses I believe @JP1 would be very interested in. Also two G13 crosses as the auction for the G13 IBL went for over 300€!! And that for 18 seeds...Pfieuw...The moment it went over 30€ I was gone, but out of interest I followed the bidding until the end. I do think I can get that G13 out of those hybrids by open pollinating them a couple of times. But that's for a later date.
I've also got several "Sativa's", the one I'm most interested in is the Early Skunk Haze as this one has a 8-10 week flowering time. Ok, it's not a fully fledged Sativa, but then again I don't live in the tropics :shrug:
1712760357982 _small.jpg

Next up are the clones, yes people!! CLONES :hump: As most of them are rooted. There are a couple that haven't shown any roots from them cubes and as luck has it, it's always the same two cuts from two or three plants. But we'll get them in a later stadium. I'm not going to make new clones just for the shear fun of it you know...
1712760357948 _small.jpg

Now we wait until the 100L fabric pot arrives and then I'll be transplanting these in one go, instead of first potting them up into the P9 pots. Or do you think I should pot them up now Antonio?
1712760357952 _small.jpg

I've just watered each plug with the same solution as I use on the adult plants. Don't change anything, no pH adjustment or diddly squat.
1712760357971 _small.jpg

The entire 'I' range is doing really good...forming nice roots and growing like a mf'r :shooty:
1712760357976 _small.jpg

And finally we end today's post inside the parent tent...
I'm keeping things cool and running these plants low 'n slow, just how I like my BBQ :headbang:
1712760357943 _small.jpg

Trimming these plants last time has the plants producing a large amount of shoots and just like with the hydra, every time you cut one head of, two will appear. Also I'm minimizing the amount of water I'm giving these beauties. The more they drink, the faster they will grow and since this is all new to me I want to take my time to do things the right way, so slowing their growth will give me more healthy shoots to pick from.
1712760357938 _small.jpg

After three days I finally gave 'm some water. Just 2.5L divided over all 24 pots though, not a drop more. The light is also running at 20-25% and the extraction fan is slowly pulling air at 10-15%. The small clip-on fans are running at setting two, which is actually creating a whole lot of air movement inside the tent. 😘🍃
1712760357934 _small.jpg

These plants don't mind though as they all look very healthy. One thing, I'm having a bloom in gnats lately. That's why you see them yellow sticky papers all over the place. To remedy that I just ordered a new batch of nematodes (Steinernema feltiae)...25 million to be correct! That's more then enough for these pots and for the pile of soil inside the greenhouse and then some. I'm also going to treat all the potted plants in-house as well.
I'm only going to use half of them when they arrive and keep the remaining nematodes inside a sealed container inside the fridge. These will keep for several weeks. :thumbsup:
1712760357929 _small.jpg

And as you can see from above, loads of nice shoots emerging from within the foliage. This is something I like about photo's, as long as I don't change the duration of light I give them, they won't do a thing except grow and be happy ♥
1712760357923 _small.jpg

Regarding your diy light… I have a Phantom 315 w CMH laying around.
Wow, that's old skool bro! Do you still use it much or did you go LED whole the way?

Regards,

Bob :toke:

One box with ten trays of 150 Eazy Plugs. They are a lot smaller then the Clonex cubes, but will do just fine :thumbsup:
So Antonio, if you need a clone in the near future...I've got ya covered buddy :cheers:
View attachment 1676459

Also my auction winnings arrived...Man, was that a hoot!! Just couldn't stop bidding, very addictive indeed!
The reason I went for so many cultivars is that Shanti turned 60 not so long ago and things can/do happen. When he kicks the bucket prices for his cultivars will go through the roof, just like what happened when Nevil past away. So these seeds will go straight into the fridge until I'm ready for them.
Like I said to my missus, this is an investment. And what do you know, starting prices just went up with 2.5€ so I already saved +20€ on buying these seeds when I did.
View attachment 1676460

• Early Skunk
  • NL5 x Skunk
  • Afghan Haze
  • Early Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • Critical Skunk
  • G13 x Afghan Skunk
  • G13 x Widow
  • Early Skunk Haze

Loads of Skunk crosses I believe @JP1 would be very interested in. Also two G13 crosses as the auction for the G13 IBL went for over 300€!! And that for 18 seeds...Pfieuw...The moment it went over 30€ I was gone, but out of interest I followed the bidding until the end. I do think I can get that G13 out of those hybrids by open pollinating them a couple of times. But that's for a later date.
I've also got several "Sativa's", the one I'm most interested in is the Early Skunk Haze as this one has a 8-10 week flowering time. Ok, it's not a fully fledged Sativa, but then again I don't live in the tropics :shrug:
View attachment 1676461

Next up are the clones, yes people!! CLONES :hump: As most of them are rooted. There are a couple that haven't shown any roots from them cubes and as luck has it, it's always the same two cuts from two or three plants. But we'll get them in a later stadium. I'm not going to make new clones just for the shear fun of it you know...
View attachment 1676470

Now we wait until the 100L fabric pot arrives and then I'll be transplanting these in one go, instead of first potting them up into the P9 pots. Or do you think I should pot them up now Antonio?
View attachment 1676471

I've just watered each plug with the same solution as I use on the adult plants. Don't change anything, no pH adjustment or diddly squat.
View attachment 1676472

The entire 'I' range is doing really good...forming nice roots and growing like a mf'r :shooty:
View attachment 1676473

I'm keeping things cool and running these plants low 'n slow, just how I like my BBQ :headbang:
View attachment 1676474

Trimming these plants last time has the plants producing a large amount of shoots and just like with the hydra, every time you cut one head of, two will appear. Also I'm minimizing the amount of water I'm giving these beauties. The more they drink, the faster they will grow and since this is all new to me I want to take my time to do things the right way, so slowing their growth will give me more healthy shoots to pick from.
View attachment 1676475

After three days I finally gave 'm some water. Just 2.5L divided over all 24 pots though, not a drop more. The light is also running at 20-25% and the extraction fan is slowly pulling air at 10-15%. The small clip-on fans are running at setting two, which is actually creating a whole lot of air movement inside the tent. 😘🍃
View attachment 1676476

These plants don't mind though as they all look very healthy. One thing, I'm having a bloom in gnats lately. That's why you see them yellow sticky papers all over the place. To remedy that I just ordered a new batch of nematodes (Steinernema feltiae)...25 million to be correct! That's more then enough for these pots and for the pile of soil inside the greenhouse and then some. I'm also going to treat all the potted plants in-house as well.
I'm only going to use half of them when they arrive and keep the remaining nematodes inside a sealed container inside the fridge. These will keep for several weeks. :thumbsup:
View attachment 1676477

And as you can see from above, loads of nice shoots emerging from within the foliage. This is something I like about photo's, as long as I don't change the duration of light I give them, they won't do a thing except grow and be happy ♥
View attachment 1676478

Wow, that's old skool bro! Do you still use it much or did you go LED whole the way?

Regards,

Yes I did upgrade… 5 AutoCobs >> Cmh >> KindLed x750

I’m just trying to find a place other than a dump for it. One man’s trash is another man’s treasure. The cmh works great just too much heat for a small tent.

View attachment 1676459

View attachment 1676460

• Early Skunk
  • NL5 x Skunk
  • Afghan Haze
  • Early Queen
  • Pink Floyd
  • Critical Skunk
  • G13 x Afghan Skunk
  • G13 x Widow
  • Early Skunk Haze

View attachment 1676461

View attachment 1676470

View attachment 1676471

View attachment 1676472

View attachment 1676473

View attachment 1676474

View attachment 1676475

View attachment 1676476

View attachment 1676477

View attachment 1676478

Regards,

I really love your selection of varieties @Bob's Auto's fcking proper stuff, well done on the bids :woohoo:I agree with you that this is an investment, Shantibaba is one of the most respected and friendly people from the whole industry, I personally met him several times when working on the fairs and he is such a friendly well-knowledged guy, good humour too.

If you are into G13 crosses, I received a batch of his G13 Haze regular seeds and its still on my list to do a selection with, hopefully next year. Would be nice to link up and possibly make some magic together, I can also share some clones when the selection is done ofc! And nice to see you received the Eazyplugs, they are really nice and easy to use, and when you cut the clones you did now it will be perfect.

Regarding the transplantation, the ones were the roots are really sticking out like crazy can be transplanted, but keep in mind that even though the plants will start to drink from the bottom now, they still need a higher humidity environment for the first few days when transplanted, otherwise you'll have the risk of wilting. Keep it around 75% or so if possible. The other ones I will keep in the mini-greenhouse until fully rooted.

Cheers my man, proper work and knowledge sharing as always! :cheers:

Peace out :pass:

I really love your selection of varieties @Bob's Auto's fcking proper stuff, well done on the bids :woohoo:I agree with you that this is an investment, Shantibaba is one of the most respected and friendly people from the whole industry, I personally met him several times when working on the fairs and he is such a friendly well-knowledged guy, good humour too.
Never met the man in person. Did get to ask him a couple of questions during his last live podcast a while back.
Don't know what to think of him...Got this strange vibe about him...

If you are into G13 crosses, I received a batch of his G13 Haze regular seeds and its still on my list to do a selection with, hopefully next year.
I'm actually really interested in that G13 IBL, but as I said before...Those seeds went for a fortune, maybe in a couple of years when I'm finished with this project I can convince my missus to let me bid on those...

Would be nice to link up and possibly make some magic together
Ah, ya know that's going to happen brother!! :cheers:

I can also share some clones when the selection is done ofc!
giphy.gif

Regarding the transplantation, the ones were the roots are really sticking out like crazy can be transplanted, but keep in mind that even though the plants will start to drink from the bottom now, they still need a higher humidity environment for the first few days when transplanted, otherwise you'll have the risk of wilting. Keep it around 75% or so if possible. The other ones I will keep in the mini-greenhouse until fully rooted.
Got to work immediately after reading this... So I did transplant these into the P9 pots.
1712830370679 _small.jpg

Took me about an hour to get these into the P9 pots. And during the transplant I noticed some of these younglings started to wilt. So I sprayed them with some water and watered the soil in one go. The leaves got a misting and the soil got a spirt of water.
1712830370687 _small.jpg

In all I got 32 P9 pots filled with all the clones that did show roots. I activated the vaporizer and turned the light down to 11%. Just to get them weaned on the new environment. By the time I was done I didn't have any spare room for the propagator to be placed, so I decided to set the it on a windowsill in the kitchen.
I almost got a rooted clone of all the plants, except for one from the 'B' range. Maybe it'll still root, but in case that fails I'll get that one next time... 🤞
1712830370673 _small.jpg

Humidity is sitting close at around 80%, which is closer to the environment inside the propagator. So I think the wilted younglings will be up and about in no time... I'll be checking on them every hour or so, just because I am who I am :shrug:
One advantage of having them clones outside the propagator is that I can show you guys some time lapses again. Untill now I used to make them, but decided upon not sharing them online as visibility inside the propagator was minimal. But that's about to change 👌
1712830370664 _small.jpg

Regards,

Nice score with those Mr Nice auctions.
Most of those sativas and hazes I just ran are from Nevil's last breeding projects, they have the same ancestors.

Speaking of which, do you have a Black Widow in your present Widow selection?

Never met the man in person. Did get to ask him a couple of questions during his last live podcast a while back.
Don't know what to think of him...Got this strange vibe about him...

I'm actually really interested in that G13 IBL, but as I said before...Those seeds went for a fortune, maybe in a couple of years when I'm finished with this project I can convince my missus to let me bid on those...

Ah, ya know that's going to happen brother!! :cheers:

giphy.gif

Got to work immediately after reading this... So I did transplant these into the P9 pots.
View attachment 1676688

Took me about an hour to get these into the P9 pots. And during the transplant I noticed some of these younglings started to wilt. So I sprayed them with some water and watered the soil in one go. The leaves got a misting and the soil got a spirt of water.
View attachment 1676689

In all I got 32 P9 pots filled with all the clones that did show roots. I activated the vaporizer and turned the light down to 11%. Just to get them weaned on the new environment. By the time I was done I didn't have any spare room for the propagator to be placed, so I decided to set the it on a windowsill in the kitchen.
I almost got a rooted clone of all the plants, except for one from the 'B' range. Maybe it'll still root, but in case that fails I'll get that one next time... 🤞
View attachment 1676690

Humidity is sitting close at around 80%, which is closer to the environment inside the propagator. So I think the wilted younglings will be up and about in no time... I'll be checking on them every hour or so, just because I am who I am :shrug:
One advantage of having them clones outside the propagator is that I can show you guys some time lapses again. Untill now I used to make them, but decided upon not sharing them online as visibility inside the propagator was minimal. But that's about to change 👌
View attachment 1676691

Regards,

Otherwise if they still hang mate, take a plastic bottle (cola, fanta whatever) cut the top of and place if on the soil so the clone is inside, works like a charm as a sort of mini-greenhouse for each plant. What we usually do is transplant them into pots, still keep them in the dome (but with less plants in a tray obviously) and give them some time to go from a 80-90% humidity environment to a normal 60-70% humidity gradually, so they start getting used to it without being shocked.

And who knows, maybe I can get some of that original G13 in the future as well, we'll see ;-)

Cheers

Nice score with those Mr Nice auctions.
Most of those sativas and hazes I just ran are from Nevil's last breeding projects, they have the same ancestors.

Speaking of which, do you have a Black Widow in your present Widow selection?
Yes I do. And also from De Sjamaan. But only got 5 seeds from them in the mix. I also planted the GHS version and marked it as GHS. Kept one from three seedlings. These are feminized, so I won't be using it for breeding. Only regulars in the blind mix.

Otherwise if they still hang mate, take a plastic bottle (cola, fanta whatever)
Plants are looking A-ok after a couple of hours mate 👌 Bottles would be a problem as we use a sodastream, but I do have clear plastic cups from when I joined the Solocup challenge.
Humidity is still in the high 70's and I'll keep the light at 11% for another hour or so and then turn it up 1%, will do that the coming days until were at full blast and then it's from 24/7 lights on to 12/12 or do you recommend I go 10/14?
Y0119126 _small.JPG

And who knows, maybe I can get some of that original G13 in the future as well, we'll see ;-)
That would be amazing!! I still feel lot's of today's hybrids are what they are because of those old school genetics. G13 has got an amazing story behind it, but I don't think the FBI or CIA or whatever would be creating that cultivar. My thought on the subject is that it's a very pure Afghani. Someone came home with a bag full of seeds from one of those early 70's hippy's journey's. in a time when it was still "safe" enough to make 'm. Planted them seeds and made a chart. Maybe he/she got a couple of bags from different locations and that's where the letter comes from. G for Ghazni or Gardez? Who knows.
I remember G13x...something was briefly available in Roosendaal back in the day. Must have been skunk as my first smoke was Skunk and then SuperSkunk and so on and on and...☁️

Good morning everyone :toke:

After a nights rest, here's a picture from within the clone tent...All the clones have directed their foliage towards the light. I ended up yesterday evening with the light on at 13%. I will be continuing to turn it up today towards an even higher output. Time for the clones to grow a bit before I switch them to 12/12. The vaporizer got turned on again so humidity stays at a confortable 79-80%. This will also be trimmed down so we end up at a usable VPD.
But first let the clones stretch their roots into the new soil.
Y0119353 _small.JPG

Regards,

Hey @Bob's Auto's
Clones looking great bro, now the fun begins, how long till you switch to flower?
I'm going to let them veg for a while until all the clones are looking fully in veg. Some do look like they're not taking off yet...
Also, I'm waiting on that 100L pot to put the clones in. It'll give 'm a bit more root space and nutrients to finish off.
Y0130720 _small.JPG

Last edited:
Back