Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise Auto Outdoor Grow/Med smoke report

We share a similar photoperiod of day hours. Even with a greenhouse wouldn't we still struggle to finish sativas? Even a heated greenhouse wouldn't have the light intensity would it? How do people grow long flowering sativas up north? I cant dedicate 6 months of my grow tent for 1 sativa plant.

Most northerners struggle greatly with sativas, and the long flowering sativas are pretty much impossible to grow outdoors...with a few exceptions...prime example is my first plant this season(last week of september) to be harvested was a pure sativa.DPs Durban Poison. Not all sativas are slow to trigger flower, and not all take a long time to flower. So yeah there is some photoperiod strains that can be grown that will finish in time. Usually we will be dealing with some frost by the end of September, but good healthy plants can shrug off frost with little to no damage.
Auto sativas just open up the amount of strain choice possibilities 100000 fold. ;)

@Waira - I know you mentioned in the daiquiri lime thread about mold being a big issue for you. I though I would tag you to this thread, as the Brooklyn Sunrise was the only auto to fair against our 70% RH average throughout flower. Best part is the smoke is amazing...I love it so much that I don't want to smoke my last few buds in fear of not having any. If fact everyone that has smoked it loves it. Nice social fun uphigh...really top notch. Hope every sunrise plant in my future is just like this one is!! This plant is being regrown by me absolutely.

Speaking of mold waira...I would love to hear what you think of the small mold section in the outdoor guide I wrote(outdoor category), and your thoughts on the guide in general. If you have stuff to add, I would love to edit it in and credit you of course.

:doh: I don't know what happened GS, I don't think the system notified me on this! I need to get back here more often anyways,..:biggrin:... another fine write up too my friend, chock full of good stuff! :greenthumb::d5:
Yes! Duly noted, in fact I was just reading the Orange Hill Sp. report before, and am stoked to hear about her mold resistance too... something from the Orange family is on the docket next season, as I'm mental for orangey aromatics! Also, very timely to spot this too,.. Eek is going to be making a repo' of HighRise's Grape Hash Plant#4 for me and Sniper, plus he suggested making a cross to improve GHP's mold resistance, which is weak as a hash plant,... So either that, or this Brooky girl could be fine candidates for crossing and strengthening mold resistance!
I'll try to swing by the OD Guide tonight,... :pass:

:doh: I don't know what happened GS, I don't think the system notified me on this! I need to get back here more often anyways,..:biggrin:... another fine write up too my friend, chock full of good stuff! :greenthumb::d5:
Yes! Duly noted, in fact I was just reading the Orange Hill Sp. report before, and am stoked to hear about her mold resistance too... something from the Orange family is on the docket next season, as I'm mental for orangey aromatics! Also, very timely to spot this too,.. Eek is going to be making a repo' of HighRise's Grape Hash Plant#4 for me and Sniper, plus he suggested making a cross to improve GHP's mold resistance, which is weak as a hash plant,... So either that, or this Brooky girl could be fine candidates for crossing and strengthening mold resistance!
I'll try to swing by the OD Guide tonight,... :pass:

Thanks for the compliments waira!! Yeah the OHS was very mold resistant for the conditions she dealt with end season...cold, many frosts, and lots of cold weather with rain...and one tiny speck of mold....impressed me, though remember I did only grow a single plant. I was super nervous when I was warned that the OHS parent plant(Orange Bud) was a bit susceptible to mold, so super happy the OHS did amazing. I tossed up OHS and Strawberry Cough for my seasonal "risk a strain", and ended up going with OHS just because I had seen most outdoor grows finish in my timeframe and I had seen several Strawberry Coughs not finish until late Oct early Nov.
love the sunrise...the quality and density of the buds is great...very surprising flattop fat buds...tremendous odour and taste, awesome mold resistance. She didn't take cold like an eskimo warrior, but she did shrug it off fairly well. 112 grams for an outdoor autos is nothing to sake a stick at either!! Cheapest auto seed in DP's catalog too...heavy bonus!!

:doh::baked: What a clown I am-- I forgot Brooklyn Sunrise is an auto! So she's out as a cross for the GHP (also a photo), but the OHS is a distinct candidate now- :thumbsup: ...and could be a very interesting match with GHP's unusual aromatic's, I've never had anything like it before.. she defies ready description! Musky, earthy, cheese danish with a tiny dash of fruit--? :rofl: definitely no piney or citrus, so who knows what could come from such a cross! :wiz:

:doh::baked: What a clown I am-- I forgot Brooklyn Sunrise is an auto! So she's out as a cross for the GHP (also a photo), but the OHS is a distinct candidate now- :thumbsup: ...and could be a very interesting match with GHP's unusual aromatic's, I've never had anything like it before.. she defies ready description! Musky, earthy, cheese danish with a tiny dash of fruit--? :rofl: definitely no piney or citrus, so who knows what could come from such a cross! :wiz:

Haha yeah BS is an auto. Nice 74(IIRC) days finish outside. Okay the OHS a few things a liked about the OHS that may not have made it into the strain review. A few weeks before preflower she forked/split on virtually every main branch, which doubled down on end buds on all but a couple of main tips. Nice feature. In the catalog it says its a 4 foot plant, yet mine in very limited sun(8 hours tapering down to 6 by oct 1st) was able to reach over 5 feet in height even with LST and 4 true node topping. Yield was a bit small compared to size, but the last 3 weeks this plant dealt with nightly frost(or 5-6 degree C at best) and daily 10 degree Celsius temps, so far from ideal bulking up conditions...lol
So whats the finish time on the GHP? Have you tried many other Highrise photo gear? Every try the Bluebonic#3?

... ah, that's interesting! :eyebrows: A plus indeed,...
... have you looked into HighRise gear before? Cres the breeder used to be staff here, way back in the beginning,... he's Canadian, so all his stuff is breed for speed, mold resistance, and potency... I've only grown Maines Own Blueberry and the now extinct GHz/C99 auto line (fekking brilliant too, sad they're not made anymore-- I think) Hey, you know who you should chat with is our good brother Stickman! He's grown many HR strains, breeding some too I believe,... :thumbsup:

... ah, that's interesting! :eyebrows: A plus indeed,...
... have you looked into HighRise gear before? Cres the breeder used to be staff here, way back in the beginning,... he's Canadian, so all his stuff is breed for speed, mold resistance, and potency... I've only grown Maines Own Blueberry and the now extinct GHz/C99 auto line (fekking brilliant too, sad they're not made anymore-- I think) Hey, you know who you should chat with is our good brother Stickman! He's grown many HR strains, breeding some too I believe,... :thumbsup:

I have only grown out HR's MoBXC99A and just a single plant. I had issues with mold on it compared to many other strains in the same location. Really nice smoke and awesome colour though!! Ive actually had much conversation with stickman. It was his post that got me to join this site, and then after reading so much good stuff on the dragons I joined.

@Waira - MOBXC99 does come up for sale every now and then...have to be fast on the trigger though!!

...yeah, that and the Fire-C99 "series" I've missed as well,... Cres is back at UDG these days, as Krk, and a partner-?, Lavatera is there too,... good guy! I looked at RCMC recently, and didn't see much new from HR,...:shrug: not sure what's up, not in the loop anymore! I don't want MoB to die again either, so somebody needs to do some damn breedin' here with it! Alas, released as fem's only, so reversing is a must,... I'd like to see both the green and purple pheno's kept up, as both were fantastic and little different in potency, and hands down the most intense berry aromatics I've had to date! I have a bud 2+ years old and it's still strong and unmistakable,...:bow:

...yeah, that and the Fire-C99 "series" I've missed as well,... Cres is back at UDG these days, as Krk, and a partner-?, Lavatera is there too,... good guy! I looked at RCMC recently, and didn't see much new from HR,...:shrug: not sure what's up, not in the loop anymore! I don't want MoB to die again either, so somebody needs to do some damn breedin' here with it! Alas, released as fem's only, so reversing is a must,... I'd like to see both the green and purple pheno's kept up, as both were fantastic and little different in potency, and hands down the most intense berry aromatics I've had to date! I have a bud 2+ years old and it's still strong and unmistakable,...:bow:

I don't spend any time at UDG, so not sure. Those guys also hang out at an invite only forums.
Damn I must have just gotten unlucky with my phenol as everyone raves about the smells of the MOB. Nice berry smell but not very strong, though a few month cure helped pick it up. DP's Blueberry have consistently pulled heavy blueberry smells(Blueberry Muffins and Blueberry Perfume which is super stink and awesome...smoking some right now!! :D ). I am hoping next year to pull some amazing blueberry scents out of Dinafems Blue Widow.

Back