Dutch Passion Brooklyn Sunrise Auto Outdoor Grow/Med smoke report

G.Leave

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I want to upgrade the quality of my reviews further, so i started a new more indepth template. Your might notice that i am a kind of a tough rater. 10/10 ratings rarely exist, as i feel there is almost always room for improvement. If I rate more than a few 10/10 ratings overall, you can expect this strain to be really topnotch. My ratings are based on a single plant, but will be updated to include updated reivew on multiple plants as grown. I am striving to make these medical based outdoor grow reports, to be the most indepth available. Some of my ratings from the medical side will often seem low. That is due to the severity of the 24/7 Chronic Pain and migrane headaches cause from an upper neck spinal chord injury. The best weed i have smoked so far only has a rating of 7/10.

SeedBank : Dutch Passion

Strain: Brooklyn Sunrise

Did it autoflower?: Y/N Yes around day 24

Soil/hydro: Started in Promix HP

Transplant: Performed a "No transplant" transplant...buried 3 gallon Botanicare herculese airpot directly in the ground. Worked great

Nutes: Advance Nutrient Connosseur Bloom, AN Big Bud, AN Overdrive, AN Sensizym, AN Cal/mag Xtra, AN Nirvana, AN B-52 Foxfarm Cha-ching, AN Flawless Finish

Light (kind and schedule): 24 hour under Galaxy Hydro and Maro 100X3w for 10 days, then under the sun during the day and under LED all night until day 26. Then planted in the ground on June the 1st. Increasing natural light regime to 16hours on June the 21st.

From seed to harvest date: 76days

Dry Yield: 112g

RATE SCALE: 1-10 rating system with 1 being the worst, and 10 being the best.

Outdoor Grow report:

Mold Resistance 10/10 - Not a speck of mold, despite quite humid midsummer humidity. Most of the mid-end flower it was 60-80%RH.

Insect Resistance 10/10 Insects left this plant alone. Whiteflies and leafhopper can be a problem depending on strain.

Bud to leaf ratio 8/10 Really a nice plant to trim. A bit of leaf but nice firm buds made it a snap to trim.

Bud Density 8/10 Fairly dense buds. Not the rock hard buds of some strains, but really a decent density. Dried nice and dense as well.

Tolerance to Nutrients 7/10 I got a little strong on the nutes at one point. This plant showed some overfertilizing signs. A quick flush and re-feed and she bounced back very rapidly.

Tolerance to Wind 9/10 Slightly thinner branches. If we got a tornado I might have had an issue! This plant stood up against 60kps gusts a day, and many days of 30kps without an issue.

Tolerance to Cold 7/10 This plant dealt with one quite cool period of 3 days where it was under 10 degrees celcius. It also dealt most of its life with nights under 10 degrees. Took the cold well but there was signs of stress after the coldest day during the chill period which was a high of 7-8 degrees.(low of 4 that morning)

Trichome Production 9/10 - Wow...verrrrry impressed with trich production on this pant...really nice crystal!

Ease of Training 10/10 - Dream training plant. Nice thin but fibrous branches adapted very well to training.

Scent Appeal/Strength 10/10 From mid flower on, wow was she a stinker. I could smell this little plant(31" main stalk) from 15-20 feet in the right wind easily. A very nice sweet fruit smell that is amazing and strong. When dried smell strength dipped a bit, abut after a couple of weeks in the jar at 61%, the very sweet fruity smell is pronounced, but a back round "sting" from the diesel presented itself.

General ease of growing 8/10 Lost a point for the slight lack of tolerance of cold, and a point for slight nutrient sensitivity.

Overall Recommendation as an outdoor plant 9/10 Highly recommended as an outdoor plant. This girl grew out well in my outdoor night cool conditions, and with fairly high humidity.

Medical Effect Report:

Migrane Headaches 7/10 This strain works pretty well for migranes, as it puts me in a quite a good fun place that distracts the brain away from the intensity.

Muscle tension/spasms 6/10 Not a ton of effect on spasms, but fairly good for muscle relaxation.

Severe Chronic Pain 6/10 This plant was more of a headstone than a body stone. There is some body effect, but its mostly a shot to the rain in a very positive way.

Anxiety/Depression 9/10 With my medical issues(24/7 chronic pain for over a decade) having fun isn't always easy. This strain REALLY picks me up and makes me happy just to be alive. Really a nice uphigh either in a vape or joint. I actually had FUN at the grocery store a few weeks back thanks to this strain.

High Effect 8 /10 This is certainly a Sativa dominant buzz. Really...the buzz on my plant is just like the Dutch Passion catalog's description "perfect wake and bake strain" and strong initial wave of euphoria. Have to agree!

High Duration 8 /10 If I hammer down three 5 minute bags from the vapourizer, or a nice sized joint, I don't need anymore for a good few hours. Around 2.5-3hr duration.

Overall Medical Effect Rating 7.3/10 Heck of a good rating from the high psychological ratings!

General Thoughts - This strain was a pleasure to grow outside, and I will certainly be growing more in the future.

IMG_3933.JPG

"No-transplant" transplant using Botanicare Hercules pots:
IMG_3936.JPG

Pretty hard to tell its outdoor grown bud!
IMG_3969.JPG

Great job man and a great detailed review. I have the same experience with uplifting bliss from this strain. It is at this moment, my fav I have on hand, including some seriously good photos. What sucks though is that I had it tested for potency and only got around 15%. I was sure it would be a minimum of 20% with the coverage of trichs they have.

Great job man and a great detailed review. I have the same experience with uplifting bliss from this strain. It is at this moment, my fav I have on hand, including some seriously good photos. What sucks though is that I had it tested for potency and only got around 15%. I was sure it would be a minimum of 20% with the coverage of trichs they have.

Interesting! Maybe its just me, but I don't find thc rating to means a whole lot when it comes to how high you get, and certainly nothing to do with how pleasurable the high is. As you know there is much more at work than THC and CBD. ;) Sometimes even lower rated varieties have kicked me in the ass in a serious way. Any chance you can post your best full plant pics and a shot a nice dry bud here?

This is on my list already to get because it looks like it's DP's high powered version of one of my favs of all time chronic if you go to seed finders and compare the two you will see.Chronic is one of the original Old school classics that would give you a euphoric high.
Now I'm psyched Great job I sent some rep your way.

This is on my list already to get because it looks like it's DP's high powered version of one of my favs of all time chronic if you go to seed finders and compare the two you will see.Chronic is one of the original Old school classics that would give you a euphoric high.
Now I'm psyched Great job I sent some rep your way.

Hey I am actually currently growing chronic in the form of Fruity Chronic Juice(Chronic X White Widow) by Delicious seeds. Its in my journal in the Dutch Passion(growing all Dp strains except for the FCJ) section if you feel like checking it out. Thanks for the comment and the rep!

Nice job my more northern brother,I like the looks of that alot and exactly what I need in my sea of kush lol ,got a soft part in my heart for fruity chunk budz

Nice job my more northern brother,I like the looks of that alot and exactly what I need in my sea of kush lol ,got a soft part in my heart for fruity chunk budz

Thanks man...she was a true pleasure to grow...but even more of a pleasure to smoke.

Back