can i go from 24h light to a 20h automatics

Reaction score
hi im late into flowering it is now almost 70 days flowering (blue dream matic) ive had it on a 24h light schedule,since veg,bottom 3/4 of the plant have calyxes with many pistils,but the top of the plants just have swollen calyxes foxtails i think they are called.
some have just 2 pistils coming from them but they have gone brown/orange,i see no bannana growing from any calyxes just 2 pistils very swollen cayxes.i took i cut one top caylxe off to see whats going on and there is no seed forming no dust just a fleshy juicey /wet looking inside.im thinking the 24 hour light has put them back into reveg..
would it be advisable if i took it down to 20 hours light to give the plant a rest but ive read it may turn herm if i do that at this stage..

in russia it has 24 hours light parts of the year i seen a sunset at 3am and at 12;30am there is still light 10 pm people were still at the parks plenty of light it does not go fully dark,so i tried this out being a ruderalis cross strain..
im no expert by any means its my 1st grow, but maybe crossing the strain and giving it full light aint the best idea for BDM strain should i tough it out and stick with 24hour or drop it a few hours? i use a 250w led at 19in height,23c ambient temp...it aint heat stress more light stress maybe??any thought on this would be appreciated thank you in advanced......an article from royal queens seeds---

As autoflowering plants do not rely on hours of light to tell them when to flower, they can be subjected to a 24- hours of light throughout their growth cycle. In fact, many growers believe 24 hours of light is crucial when growing autoflowering plants, as it may give them the best chance to grow bigger in the vegetative stage and then eventually flower accordingly.Cannabis is classed as a C3 plant, meaning it can absorb CO₂ during periods of light for photosynthesis. This theoretically eliminates the need for darkness, as they do not need periods of dark to photosynthesis, unlike C4 plants. Autoflowering plants have also evolved in the northern areas of the world where they receive near to 24-hours of light as standard during the seasons of growth. As such, it is safe to say that autoflowering cannabis can thrive under 24-hours of lighting.

Last edited:
Those were taken today I have been under 24 hours of light for 50 days

Attachments

• 20190910_134900.jpg
    20190910_134900.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20190910_113658.jpg
    20190910_113658.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20190910_113647.jpg
    20190910_113647.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 122
thanks for the reply,how far into flower are your plants and do u do 24h light from veg to harvest? what ive read id say its ok in veg 24hour light, but in flower not sure looking at mine the tops are calxyes the bottom has lots of pistils... strange,its 50/50 on forums everyone seems to agree to disagree some say it works for them others talk about when a plant needs to breath its chaos lol,im dropping it down to 20/4 to see if the buds dense up and sprout more pistils if it all goes to crap ill just harvest the few ounces i have on there...it may just be this strain not sure need more info on the blue dream matic (2fast4buds)strain from others that have done this light schedule..... i grow in DWC...

This is just my third grow my first two weren't successful I did run 18-6 on those two grows the plants did okay the the buds were small they seem to be doing a lot better there are a lot bigger and they've been under 24-hour light since the day they come out of the ground I've got three photos sitting in there that have been sharing the same light schedule and they're outgrowing the autoflowers they look beautiful oh yeah the first grows didn't count they were in ocean Farm

This is just my third grow my first two weren't successful I did run 18-6 on those two grows the plants did okay the the buds were small they seem to be doing a lot better there are a lot bigger and they've been under 24-hour light since the day they come out of the ground I've got three photos sitting in there that have been sharing the same light schedule and they're outgrowing the autoflowers they look beautiful oh yeah the first grows didn't count they were in ocean Farm
yeah i see the sense in growing in 24h light being a rudealis cross but i see the sense in letting the plant rest a bit as mother nature intended aswell,ive pushed this grow to the max 24h light scrog lollipoped and LST full range of canna aqua bennys and micros silica cal/mag and a herbal tea for when things get nasty she is at 1.9ec around 6.0ph and holding steady drinking about 2liters of water aday.. im very happy with the boost and rizo in the canna range an adding the pk13/14 to boost when in flower wow,massive trunk on it! ph swings a bit but settles down nicely after 24 hours..whats wrong with ocean farm?what happen to that grow if you dont mind me asking?

Young Auto flowers Happy Frog burns the hell out of start them in something else then transplant to Happy Frog go to the infirmary section of this website

I got a couple photo. That are in one square foot of Happy Frog ocean Farm and they love it I was testing out a milk crate lined with a t-shirt my cheap version of a cloth grow bag it's easy to move the crate it's got handles

Young Auto flowers Happy Frog burns the hell out of start them in something else then transplant to Happy Frog go to the infirmary section of this website
I use HappyFrog with autos and they way I do it is put enough dirt in bottom so that a solo cup sits level with top of pot.
Now fill in around solo cup and remove solo cup after dirt is packed in.
After cup is removed fill hole with seed starter mix.
Saturate soil and drop seed then cover with saran wrap. To trap moisture until it pops.

@young_auto_bot you can always stagger harvest. Take what's ready and then let the lowers fatten. Some strains won't miss a beat others will take a week to start fattening.

Back