CBD Isolate report

keep it in your fridge and it will last a long time! I put mine in a sealed container with rice, so the rice gets all the moisture. Probably overkill, but better safe then sorry.

Thanx to everyone who posted on this thread, much appreciated.

Endoca brand gum has 15mg per piece and ships to the US.

I also got .5g of their cbd crystals, 98% pure with some terp residuals, all CO2 extracted. Have not had a chance to try the crystals yet but the gum is a nice mild relief, akin to 400mg ibuprofen

Update- CBD Isolate is now sourced just a couple hundred Km from me, and it is down to $55 CDN from $100.

I was going to get some CBD CO2 oil for my Mom, but decided that at this price I can dissolve the isolate into MCT or Ethyl and have her take drops under the tongue or on food whatever.

The CBD CO2 oil is about $10 more per gram, and is around 40-50% CBD, so in this case the isolate is good value.

I picked up a gram of CBD for my Mom, and while I was at it I picked up a half-gram for myself, for use but also to avoid wasting Mom's money of things didn't work as expected.

I took 1/2 gram of CBD isolate and dissolved it into 15ml MCT oil. It took a while, with lots of stirring, but it did all dissolve.
10 drops is ~16.6mg of CBD. I took it sublingualy, It was almost tasteless. I felt the effects in about 30-40 minutes and they lasted at least 5 hours

I mixed up Mom's gram in 30ml oil for the same strength. For ease, I am saying 33.3mg per ml

I took mine a little bit further by dissolving 110mg of THC isolate into the roughly 15ml.
So now 1ml of my tincture contains 33.3mg CBD and 7.3mg THC.

10 drops is a dose of 16.6/3.6 CBD and THC respectively.
That is far too small a dose of THC to be intoxicating, but I found the CBD effects were dramatically! enhanced.

So this morning I took 5 drops. That is only 8.3 and 1.8 but I felt the CBD effects very clearly, along with a very mild lift.

Even a tiny amount of THC made a huge difference in CBD's potency.

I will be growing an IP CBD plant with has less than 6%THC and 13%CBD and also has terpines and other cannabinoids.
It's been fun experimenting, but if I get similar or better results I won't be messing around with expensive isolates any longer.

I picked up a gram of CBD for my Mom, and while I was at it I picked up a half-gram for myself, for use but also to avoid wasting Mom's money of things didn't work as expected.

I took 1/2 gram of CBD isolate and dissolved it into 15ml MCT oil. It took a while, with lots of stirring, but it did all dissolve.
10 drops is ~16.6mg of CBD. I took it sublingualy, It was almost tasteless. I felt the effects in about 30-40 minutes and they lasted at least 5 hours

I mixed up Mom's gram in 30ml oil for the same strength. For ease, I am saying 33.3mg per ml

I took mine a little bit further by dissolving 110mg of THC isolate into the roughly 15ml.
So now 1ml of my tincture contains 33.3mg CBD and 7.3mg THC.

10 drops is a dose of 16.6/3.6 CBD and THC respectively.
That is far too small a dose of THC to be intoxicating, but I found the CBD effects were dramatically! enhanced.

So this morning I took 5 drops. That is only 8.3 and 1.8 but I felt the CBD effects very clearly, along with a very mild lift.

Even a tiny amount of THC made a huge difference in CBD's potency.

I will be growing an IP CBD plant with has less than 6%THC and 13%CBD and also has terpines and other cannabinoids.
It's been fun experimenting, but if I get similar or better results I won't be messing around with expensive isolates any longer.
Hi vita ---it has been my experience there is a synergistic or "entourage" effect between thc and cbd along with the terpenes and other over 200 compunds in cannabis. This is not to forget there other elements within yet to be discovered. I have read this in several books. One book i am fond of is called Cannabis Pharmacy by Backes.
I am in total agreement with your experience and books that i have read...thc even in small amounts heighten the cbd effects. Cbd alone has been ineffectve for me.

Back