Clear vs Amber jars!

Badfinger

High as a Kite
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Do amber jars really keep your weed greener longer?
We're going to find out.
Two jars of Meph Orange Biscuit. One in a clear jar, one in an amber.
We'll store them in my closet and see what we got come May.
Stay tuned!
Who am I kidding, your all stoners, u aint gonna remember.

20231223_104156 - Copy.jpg

With both jars getting zero light in a closet, you are not testing anything to do with clear vs. tinted glass. A real test (presumably of quality degradation) would be leaving both jars exposed to sunlight or in your grow tent.

With both jars getting zero light in a closet, you are not testing anything to do with clear vs. tinted glass. A real test (presumably of quality degradation) would be leaving both jars exposed to sunlight or in your grow tent.
Who said both jars were getting zero light.
This is about finding out if my investing in amber jars is going to help keep my weed greener longer under my normal conditions. Stored in a closet that gets periodically opened. They will both get the same identical exposure.

The left is 8 month old RBF, the right is 1 month old RBF, same closet, same conditions. The left was in a clear jar.
I'm trying to fix an issue and I'm just sharing what my findings will be.

20231223_234345 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
sure "amber" better than "clear" jars - only draw-back with jars is the room needed for storage - considering Grove Bags - a few yeas ago got a few small grove bages to try - only thing to consider is - order a bag-up meaning if you want to store a 1/2 oz get a oz bag.

sure "amber" better than "clear" jars - only draw-back with jars is the room needed for storage - considering Grove Bags - a few yeas ago got a few small grove bages to try - only thing to consider is - order a bag-up meaning if you want to store a 1/2 oz get a oz bag.
My complaint with grove bags is the raping they give you for shipping, nothing pisses me off more then getting boned on shipping fees. I bought 1/4 lb bags and paid more for shipping then for the bags, and I live in the state next door to them.

My complaint with grove bags is the raping they give you for shipping, nothing pisses me off more then getting boned on shipping fees. I bought 1/4 lb bags and paid more for shipping then for the bags, and I live in the state next door to them.
That ain't all either. At least in my climate where it can get bloody dry in winter, grove bags are crap for long term storage. Contrary to some claims, they allow weed to dry out gradually. IMO they do not regulate humidity in both directions, they merely slow down the loss of moisture, while simultaneously allowing oxygen in through the permeable plastic to enable the cure.

I suspect that Grove bags are nothing more than relabeled bags that are standard for selling things like nuts, spices, and the like in. I plan to do a comparative test at some point, if I can drum up the enthusiasm. In any case, I think that they are grossly overpriced.

Bottom line for me is that they seem to work ok and with less hassle for the cure, IF buds are dried to the right level first. I still use them for the cure, but except for the immediate stash, I store my bud in masons in the freezer. :pighug:

That ain't all either. At least in my climate where it can get bloody dry in winter, grove bags are crap for long term storage. Contrary to some claims, they allow weed to dry out gradually. IMO they do not regulate humidity in both directions, they merely slow down the loss of moisture, while simultaneously allowing oxygen in through the permeable plastic to enable the cure.

I suspect that Grove bags are nothing more than relabeled bags that are standard for selling things like nuts, spices, and the like in. I plan to do a comparative test at some point, if I can drum up the enthusiasm. In any case, I think that they are grossly overpriced.

Bottom line for me is that they seem to work ok and with less hassle for the cure, IF buds are dried to the right level first. I still use them for the cure, but except for the immediate stash, I store my bud in masons in the freezer. :pighug:
I was gonna try grove bags this time around. I just dont know what size to get.

I was gonna try grove bags this time around. I just dont know what size to get.
You basically want twice the size u want to put in them.
In all fairness, I never tried heat sealing the bags cause it didnt fit the way things happen here, thats probably the best way to use them.

Back