Old Reviews Coast of Maine Stonington Blend

FarmerJake

Organic Homegrower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Recently bought 2 bags of Coast of Maine Stonington Blend from a local retailer. Being northerly and having stored it outside, the soil was waterlogged and frozen solid. When purchasing I knew it was frozen but had to wait a few days to thaw to notice it was waterlogged. The local retailer was unresponsive to the issue so I reached out to Coast of Maine. Their customer service was phenomenal and asked for a few bits of info and then reimbursed me the entire purchase! Glad to say the check came in the mail today!
Still dialing in my methodology on using this product and given the hiccup on this second grow(I ended up using the spoiled soil which has caused problems) I feel it has potential to give great results once I figure out the proper husbandry. It has still given good results even with a novice grower like myself at the helm. 100% recommend Coast of Maine especially if you are local and want organic, they stand by their products and even sent along an autoflower specific instruction sheet for using their products.
4862E3A2-D9C6-4567-AEE0-8843AC223712.jpeg

Wow that’s awesome is that water only? Had similar issue with a bag of COM and went away from it but will be trying again in the future as it’s easily available in my area.

Against better judgement I’ve been using just RO water no additives which accounts for some of the problems. I still get a decent harvest and know it’s not getting any contamination from the tap. There’s an airport in my town so PFAS are of concern so even local spring water is unacceptable to me. Plus it’s easy to just plant a seed and water only even if it’s not the ultimate results

I have top dressed dry amendments and top water only. Next grow I will try top dressing only the Stonington blend ferts they sell to to keep it all inclusive as that’s the suggestion in CoM’s autoflower instructions.

Attachments

• Stonington-Autoflower-Instructions-Final-02-03-2022.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 236
I have top dressed dry amendments and top water only. Next grow I will try top dressing only the Stonington blend ferts they sell to to keep it all inclusive as that’s the suggestion in CoM’s autoflower instructions.
That’s perfect that’s what I was hoping to do my self just stoneington soil and stoneington food. I use RO water too. My tap water has a bunch of carbonate in it with locks out calmag. What are PFAS?

PFAS are sketchy cancerous chemicals that humans toss around into the environment like idiots. Fire fighting foam, air plane wing deicer, nasty complex man made chemicals. The government refuses to accept more strict guidelines as we don’t have a feasible way to remove them to safe levels at scale. Common in tap water here in New England and causes childhood cancer. Drink RO only please

Gearing up to test the recommended 15g pot(maybe just do 20-25g) and the CoM autoflower feeding schedule which uses these two new ferts I picked up today.
EA83A384-99C3-48CE-9149-12EE783CAB9B.jpeg

For a 15 gallon massive tester plant would you choose
Mephisto 3BOG
Seed stockers Wedding Glue
Seed stockers Bruce Banner
Blimburn Cream (freebie)
Sweet seeds Sweet Skunk
All autos of course these are the seeds I have on hand. Personally after seeing the wedding glue solos grow so big I was thinking it was a suitable varietal, but my sweet skunk did get pretty large in a 3g

Gearing up to test the recommended 15g pot(maybe just do 20-25g) and the CoM autoflower feeding schedule which uses these two new ferts I picked up today.
View attachment 1410723
For a 15 gallon massive tester plant would you choose
Mephisto 3BOG
Seed stockers Wedding Glue
Seed stockers Bruce Banner
Blimburn Cream (freebie)
Sweet seeds Sweet Skunk
All autos of course these are the seeds I have on hand. Personally after seeing the wedding glue solos grow so big I was thinking it was a suitable varietal, but my sweet skunk did get pretty large in a 3g
Mepthisto 3bog.
Also your one step ahead of me!! And I’m glad you are keep us posted. Went found some of the plant food today. Couldn’t find soil or flower fertilizer. That COM auto schedule is tricky it says fish bone meal but shows picture of the lobster meal.
FD96A2AE-6C6B-41F0-A3D7-4A8F3578130C.jpeg

I use CoM also, one thing I notice with that new feeding schedule. They talk about using the fishbone meal for bloom, which I believe to be correct, but show a picture of the lobster meal, two very different feeds.
You dont need all that Nitrogen in the Lobster, you want the P=loaded Fish Bone Meal for bloom.

Back