Dutch Passion Coffeshop with authentic DP Strains

Hey Potsnob,

I visited Amsterdam a few years ago and stayed at NH Schiller Hotel on Rembrandt Square. A very nice hotel in a good location. A word of warning about hotels in Amsterdam, they are small! Very very small, so plan accordingly.

From my experience, the coffee shops generally carry the latest and greatest in buds and it is difficult to get the old school stuff like Blueberry. The nice thing is, everyone is willing to help if you are looking for something specific. Don't get your expectations real high. The coffee shops supply excellent smoke but to be quite honest, I have grown just as good bud as I smoked there. There is nothing that is going to knock you off your feet but you will find a lot of varieties that you will never be able to find here. Everyone speaks perfect English and so long as you are considerate of others you can smoke most anywhere outside.

One last suggestion, don't just go for the smoke. There are a lot of great museums to visit if you have the time. Van Gogh, Rijks Museum, Anne Frank House along with a lot of great food. Be very wary of the tobacco shops if you look for Cuban cigars, I got took with a few repackaged cigars.

Let me know if I can help you out with any other suggestions.

Enjoy the trip!

Hey Potsnob,

I visited Amsterdam a few years ago and stayed at NH Schiller Hotel on Rembrandt Square. A very nice hotel in a good location. A word of warning about hotels in Amsterdam, they are small! Very very small, so plan accordingly.

From my experience, the coffee shops generally carry the latest and greatest in buds and it is difficult to get the old school stuff like Blueberry. The nice thing is, everyone is willing to help if you are looking for something specific. Don't get your expectations real high. The coffee shops supply excellent smoke but to be quite honest, I have grown just as good bud as I smoked there. There is nothing that is going to knock you off your feet but you will find a lot of varieties that you will never be able to find here. Everyone speaks perfect English and so long as you are considerate of others you can smoke most anywhere outside.

One last suggestion, don't just go for the smoke. There are a lot of great museums to visit if you have the time. Van Gogh, Rijks Museum, Anne Frank House along with a lot of great food. Be very wary of the tobacco shops if you look for Cuban cigars, I got took with a few repackaged cigars.

Let me know if I can help you out with any other suggestions.

Enjoy the trip!
Ditto, on the cigar experience. I was lucky, as I have a large collection of legit cuban cigars, and am knowledgeable enough to spot fakes. If you are going to try some cubans, ask the hotel to recommend a good tobacconist. Amsterdam is a great place to try some varieties of cannabis, that are not available in seed form. But like Bamagrow posted above, you can grow as good, if not better, than you will find in the coffee shops.
HomieHogleg

Thanks for the advice Bama and Hogleg,

I wont go just for the smoke even if it will be nice not to feel criminalized!

I grow my own Tobacco for Cigars and a friend of mine just got back from Cuba so at the moment I am good in that sense.

I will do a lot of biking once in Amsterdam, I loved the relaxed atmosphere and the parks at my first visit. If you have any culinary suggestions I would really like to know! :toke:

Any suggestions for a nice place to stay at besides the Schiller Hotel?
I stayed at the Vliegenbos Camping Parc which was nice, cheap and relatively central at the time. Wonder how it is now...

Back