Dutch Passion Coffeshop with authentic DP Strains

P

potsnob

Visiting Amsterdam this summer... I was wondering which Coffeshop in Amsterdam offers Dutch Passion Strains?

I am most interested in Blueberry, Flo, Strawberry Cough, Blue Moonshine and Frisian Dew.

Hi Potsnob, I hope we will get a few Dutch people to help you out here on this one. The coffeeshops often rotate their menu's these days according to what is available and how well it was grown. Sometimes you hear of a really good quality weed which has been expertly grown but it gets sold out quickly. You will see a lot of our classic strains (power plant, Mazar, White Widow etc) around. You may want to try searching the internet as there are a few people who blog about the coffeeshop scene and give updates.

That's interesting. I read in another forum of people complaining over the bad quality of the pot in Amsterdam coffeeshops: not properly flushed, bad taste, rough on the throat, fungus etc etc. I was living in the illusion that the coffeeshops took their business seriously and competed in offering good quality bud, apparently it's more of a quantity over quality mindset. I was sad to hear that. But I'd guess that you'd at least always be able to find some good quality hashes?

That's interesting. I read in another forum of people complaining over the bad quality of the pot in Amsterdam coffeeshops: not properly flushed, bad taste, rough on the throat, fungus etc etc. I was living in the illusion that the coffeeshops took their business seriously and competed in offering good quality bud, apparently it's more of a quantity over quality mindset. I was sad to hear that. But I'd guess that you'd at least always be able to find some good quality hashes?

I wouldn't believe everything you here and read.sure I bet there is some shit weed but if you go to the right coffee shops you will find some really nice weed.iv been many times and you just gotta find the good spots,the best way I found was to ask the locals

Well, you're right of course. Funny thing these guys were there for the cup back in November - a time when I thought high quality bud was the only thing floating around. I don't think they'd be lying, and perhaps they didn't know the 'good spots' but I doubt it. It's a commercial game as well, and over fertilization seemed to be a major issue with Dutch weed according to those guys.

Friends have been there several times,the dam is like any other tourist location. they found that the best weed was not the closest weed if that makes sense. the same as the best bars in Lanzarote are not the ones on the strip. hope it makes sense. travel to areas where you see less and less tourist's and you will find the green

I was in the Dam last week and the bud and hash where all good. Look for the shops that regularly compete in the cups and its common practice to have a little peek and a sniff before you buy !
The guys at Kiwi seeds where really helpful, they stock DP seeds so try them for some advice. (just go right from the station and its on the corner before the rasta coffee shop). Cant help much with the weed selection as i mostly smoked hash !

I am getting recommendations of good coffeeshops from the team....

The votes are in from some people that know !

I hope the mods don't mind me linking to the coffeeshop websites, they have maps on showing how to get there. We don't have any connections to the coffeeshops, they are owned and run by owners that buy weed from various growers. The problem is that they don;t always know exactly how the weed is grown , or even which variety it is. We have had a few people copying the names of our strains in the past for commercial purposes. It isn't as transparent and clear as many people would like. I am sure that sometimes the coffeeshop owners buy weed that is lower quality than they initially thought. Some might even make a habit of buying the cheaper 'adequate' quality stuff.

On a personal level I have often wondered whether these commercial growers give the same attention to their plants that a 'hobby' grower does. Even in Holland, with coffeeshops everywhere, the serious smokers grow their own. Not only is it much cheaper than buyiing it, but the self sufficient medical and recreational growers like to know they are growing something which is really good. This is how people find their personal favourite strains or types. Most of the growers I know like to feel that they understand the heritage of a variety , and why not? I think it is important.

Anyway, here are a few coffee shops noted for having better quality weed on their menu's. I hope the mods can leave the links in as it might be of interest to quite a few folk that will be visiting Amsterdam and looking for a good coffee!

Grey Area www.greyarea.nl

Hunters coffeeshop http://www.hunters-coffeeshop.com/

Baba shops http://www.babashops.nl/

Thanks everyone! Thanks Tony!

Will visit the four and ask for the good stuff... :toke: and keep you posted how my trip was.

I like to compare commercial cannabis with commercial tomatoes in the supermarket an often tasteless product, grown mostly with easy profit in mind. An heritage tomato, breed for generations well adapted to the local micro climate and personal taste, grown in soil in a nice spot and with loving care are always superior in most every way. The tomatoes of my grandmother make my mouth water even thinking about them!

Like the best Champagne never leaves the region Champagne the best herb is never sold but shared...
in my humble Opinion.

Its a shame that there is not a kind of farmers market where you could go and have the chance of scoring some nice seasonal herb, grown not for big industrial profit, but with love for the plant and the honor of having grown something special. I Hope we will all see that happening one day...

Back