Indoor Come visit Wild Bill's Medical Grow Room!!!!

Well, I just ordered a new Gorilla tent and a new AC Infinity 4 inch fan and filter combo With the smart controller..
I will be replacing the Mars hydro 2.3 X2 .3 tent with a 3x3 Gorilla tent.

The Mars tent can be either a drying tent or a mom tent. I can either use the little Mars light or the burple California LightWorks light in there.

Not only Am I gaining square footage but very important height!
Gorilla tent
Dimensions 3’x3’x6’11”
Height w/ Extension Kit 7’11”

Mars Tent
Dimensions 2.3’x2.3’x5'3”

Without an extension, it's quite a bit taller!
That's a lot of extra cubic feet!
And my lighting can be a bit more flexible now also.
The HLG 200 Rspec Will always be in that tent and either the Mars TS1000 or the California Lightworks solar flare as the second.
I can either have 350 watts in there or 360 watts. That should make some interesting PAR figures in that tent.

I'm also replacing my rain science three gallon bags with Grassroots Living Earth 3 gallon bags. I think my root structure will improve with that change. And that's really just for clones and testing.

Looking back, I really wished I would have bought a gorilla tent when I bought my 2x4. Headroom in that tent has been an issue at times.

I think this move will give me better use of the footage in that room.

I wrote to Jeremy of BAS And inquired on a few things, mainly concerning his running of the AutoPot Tray2Grow With Grassroots Living Soil beds that they will be running in the next 10X10 tent YouTube series run.
Here's what I'm talking about.

I thought I'd share and Here's Zach Branson's reply. I think it says a lot about the Company with the reply I got back from him. I definitely think it shows what these guys are all about!

Yeah, I think there's a little 'smoke blowing up the butt', but it's not too much and it's good PR. :funny: :haha:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experiences, and for the kind words towards BuildASoil and Jeremy's work. It's heartening to hear how you've been able to adapt Jeremy's teachings to benefit yourself and other veterans. Your approach to gardening and dedication to learning and sharing knowledge is commendable.

Regarding your inquiry about the upcoming 10x10 YouTube series and specifically about Tray2 grow beds, it's a fantastic suggestion to delve into the specifics of water management, root association, and the comparison to EarthBoxes within a no-till living soil system. Addressing these points would indeed provide valuable insights for those considering this system, particularly given its potential as a main production method for growers like yourself who prioritize efficiency, sustainability, and cost-effectiveness.
To address your specific questions:
  1. Manual Weekly Dry Down: The concept of a manual slight weekly dry down is intriguing as it mimics natural cycles and can encourage robust root growth by promoting oxygenation of the root zone and encouraging roots to seek out moisture. This practice can potentially lead to stronger plants that are more resilient to stress. While Jeremy has not specifically addressed this in the series yet, it's a pertinent topic that ties into water management strategies in living soil systems. Your suggestion will be forwarded, and it would be beneficial for many if this topic is explored in an upcoming episode or FAQ section.
  2. Root Association Similar to EarthBoxes: The comparison between Tray2 grow beds and EarthBoxes in terms of root association with water is an excellent point of inquiry. EarthBoxes are designed to allow for consistent moisture availability through a reservoir, which plants can wick up as needed, promoting efficient water use and reducing the stress of over or under-watering. If Tray2 grow beds can foster a similar symbiotic relationship between the roots and water availability within a full no-till setup, it would indeed be a game-changer, especially with the addition of living cover crops to enhance soil health and biodiversity.
Your perspective on the investment aspect and the need for cost-effective, productive tools is crucial. It's important for innovations in gardening and agriculture to be accessible to all, especially those who rely on these systems for medicinal purposes and sustainability.

Jeremy's ongoing 10x10 series aims to provide detailed, practical insights into creating efficient, productive, and sustainable growing systems. Your feedback and queries are invaluable as they help shape future content to better serve the community's needs. Rest assured, your suggestions about discussing water management strategies and root associations in living soil systems will be considered for future episodes.

It's inspiring to hear about your contributions to the veteran community and your active participation in autoflower.org, sharing knowledge and experiences. This spirit of community and mutual support is at the heart of BuildASoil's philosophy.

Please continue to share your insights, experiences, and suggestions. Your input helps us all grow together, and your support and engagement with the series are greatly appreciated. Keep an eye on the upcoming episodes for more in-depth discussions on these topics, and thank you for your dedication to organic growing practices and for being such a valued member of the community.
ADKq_NZkgOW7yhmd2cpp2smr0wGD2A4WxjV6q2w_0xiXUyQir20pDvuuJPxz4hqlILpOqsFwgUuLsNf-bO9QRrlXWVGNSra5ZMcA9uNagwYfCr0B6guDmAd4ArA3WjWuYnnK1o3uMSWBYAfi8HA5dSv0ITnfZbB776Y7tvRHzo3coWkWJuNpJW4GpFwpevmj2Ej465y2byZZAYumbPmjgii_auJtF8Id=s0-d-e1-ft

Zach Branson

Well all my stuff, the new tent and ventilation, should be in by the end of this upcoming week.

So that means my stoner ass needs to get the grow room straightened out.

I need to move some things to accommodate the larger tent. I have to move some shelving, so I got to reorganize that and fully unload it and then reload it, better!
I really need to look at my electrical loads in that room. But to do that, I got an ID the outlets on what circuit they're on. I just need to draw a little diagram and mark the circuits. That way I can go back and measure at the outlet to get my load to make sure I'm still in the areas I was. I did it one time before but never wrote any of it down and I didn't have everything in there.
I think it's always good to know and To have a baseline. You know how much margin you have and you might be able to pinpoint problems with load increases. Luckily the only time I've tripped a breaker was due to this silly houses wiring. I plugged my vacuum cleaner into a hallway circuit that was also on some of the grow room circuit. So I tripped it. None of my humidifiers are on instant restart or auto restart. At least the fans and the controllers are.

The 2 20 gallon grassroot pots cover crop is doing quite nicely. I need to go ahead and dig out a spot To put the plane Roots Organic Original or Coast of Maine to put the transplant in.

I'll be using the new Rooters I got from BAS and in my new AC Infinity seedling/cloning tray, the lighted one. :yeah: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I'm going to use the same rooters for my clones. And I also ordered some three gallon Grassroot living Earth bags for my clones. I think they're going to work much better than the rain science bags. I really like my 20 gallon ones!

I'd kind of like to drop seeds a week from this Sunday. I definitely hadn't finalized anything much beyond the 4x4 tent. TrainWreck and Dutch Passion CBG will get the 20 gallon pots. Other than the clones, all other girls will get an Earthbox junior.
Hopefully my Asian haze will sprout and she will go into an earth box in the tent. I would kind of like to have my other medicinal in the same tent especially with the UVA. I do have to check her flower.. Would be the Dutch passion CBG Mazar. Otherwise she will go into the 2 X 4 Tent.
What I thought might be a good alternative is Greenhouse Seed company Trainwreck X Jack Herer. I think it's an interesting combo and I think it would be kind of cool to have it grown in the same tent as Twenty20's Train Wreck

So really there are only two spots open in the 2x4 tent.
Here's what the veteran that was the commercial Grover of Oklahoma during the early days gave me. Problem is I have no information at all. He's supposed to come by soon to pick up a care package I made up for him. I think if I text him the list he might give me some history and some information for what he found just something simple and the basics that's all. Really all I need is average size and flowering time and kind of an idea what stretch is. maybe if she's a heavy feeder but I can handle it. Yeah **** we got David 0 oh **** jesus mother's
Biker
OG 18-19
BBK*
CQ19*
Skywalker

I want to pick one of those and then the other one will be one of my new photos I got from @Jean-O
It's either that or grow his The Legend. And that's why I tagged you!

:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows:
You get to pick!
The Legend
Crazy Kush X Mendo Twenty20
The Rev R2
What would you like to see?

Now for this run, the new 3x3 Tent will be for clones and moms..........Breeding moms.......... Eventually.

These will be the clones from Asian haze. I'm going to take enough to play around with.

Once I get their roots established in the three gallon pots, I can put 3 diagonally in the 4x4 tent.
The couple of plants that remain in the 3 by 3 tent will get flipped and then sts applied until I get male parts.
Once I see that, I will place the 3 in from the 4 by 4 tent to the 3x3.
Now does that sound like a plan? Or do I need to put a delay in adding be once from the 4 by 4 tent? 234 days?
Now there is will be the concern about the stubbornness of Asian haze to be flipped to a male. My first attempt did not work. That very definitely could have been the way I was running her life cycle at the time. So I don't have to pay close attention to that.
Anybody has any input on this timing, please advise.

Well all my stuff, the new tent and ventilation, should be in by the end of this upcoming week.

So that means my stoner ass needs to get the grow room straightened out.

I need to move some things to accommodate the larger tent. I have to move some shelving, so I got to reorganize that and fully unload it and then reload it, better!
I really need to look at my electrical loads in that room. But to do that, I got an ID the outlets on what circuit they're on. I just need to draw a little diagram and mark the circuits. That way I can go back and measure at the outlet to get my load to make sure I'm still in the areas I was. I did it one time before but never wrote any of it down and I didn't have everything in there.
I think it's always good to know and To have a baseline. You know how much margin you have and you might be able to pinpoint problems with load increases. Luckily the only time I've tripped a breaker was due to this silly houses wiring. I plugged my vacuum cleaner into a hallway circuit that was also on some of the grow room circuit. So I tripped it. None of my humidifiers are on instant restart or auto restart. At least the fans and the controllers are.

The 2 20 gallon grassroot pots cover crop is doing quite nicely. I need to go ahead and dig out a spot To put the plane Roots Organic Original or Coast of Maine to put the transplant in.

I'll be using the new Rooters I got from BAS and in my new AC Infinity seedling/cloning tray, the lighted one. :yeah: :eyebrows::eyebrows::eyebrows:

I'm going to use the same rooters for my clones. And I also ordered some three gallon Grassroot living Earth bags for my clones. I think they're going to work much better than the rain science bags. I really like my 20 gallon ones!

I'd kind of like to drop seeds a week from this Sunday. I definitely hadn't finalized anything much beyond the 4x4 tent. TrainWreck and Dutch Passion CBG will get the 20 gallon pots. Other than the clones, all other girls will get an Earthbox junior.
Hopefully my Asian haze will sprout and she will go into an earth box in the tent. I would kind of like to have my other medicinal in the same tent especially with the UVA. I do have to check her flower.. Would be the Dutch passion CBG Mazar. Otherwise she will go into the 2 X 4 Tent.
What I thought might be a good alternative is Greenhouse Seed company Trainwreck X Jack Herer. I think it's an interesting combo and I think it would be kind of cool to have it grown in the same tent as Twenty20's Train Wreck

So really there are only two spots open in the 2x4 tent.
Here's what the veteran that was the commercial Grover of Oklahoma during the early days gave me. Problem is I have no information at all. He's supposed to come by soon to pick up a care package I made up for him. I think if I text him the list he might give me some history and some information for what he found just something simple and the basics that's all. Really all I need is average size and flowering time and kind of an idea what stretch is. maybe if she's a heavy feeder but I can handle it. Yeah **** we got David 0 oh **** jesus mother's
Biker
OG 18-19
BBK*
CQ19*
Skywalker

I want to pick one of those and then the other one will be one of my new photos I got from @Jean-O
It's either that or grow his The Legend. And that's why I tagged you!

:biggrin::eyebrows::eyebrows:
You get to pick!
The Legend
Crazy Kush X Mendo Twenty20
The Rev R2
What would you like to see?

Now for this run, the new 3x3 Tent will be for clones and moms..........Breeding moms.......... Eventually.

These will be the clones from Asian haze. I'm going to take enough to play around with.

Once I get their roots established in the three gallon pots, I can put 3 diagonally in the 4x4 tent.
The couple of plants that remain in the 3 by 3 tent will get flipped and then sts applied until I get male parts.
Once I see that, I will place the 3 in from the 4 by 4 tent to the 3x3.
Now does that sound like a plan? Or do I need to put a delay in adding be once from the 4 by 4 tent? 234 days?
Now there is will be the concern about the stubbornness of Asian haze to be flipped to a male. My first attempt did not work. That very definitely could have been the way I was running her life cycle at the time. So I don't have to pay close attention to that.
Anybody has any input on this timing, please advise.
The Crazy X would be an interesting one to see grown out. The F1s were definitely almost all like the mother MMXX in the pairing and I'm interested in seeing the phenotype diversity in the S1 generation.
I use colloidal silver for my reversals but I would imagine the application of STS would be similar. I usually start spraying my targeted reversal branch 1 week prior to flipping to flower then continue to treat for 2 more weeks into flower spraying every day for roughly 21 days which usually by week 2 in flower I'll see pollen sacks forming on the treated site. Some cultivars can be a bit more stubborn in reversal because they are more sexually stable which is a good thing but if your trying to make more feminized seeds with such a strain you may have to outcross it with something else to make more seeds from it. If that's the case having a cultivar that you have worked with before that you know passes very little of its genetic makeup during breeding is a good direction to go with. Or pick something wildly different that reverses easily and outcross it n select from that progeny the phenotypes that resemble the Asian Haze to continue your project with.

The Crazy X would be an interesting one to see grown out. The F1s were definitely almost all like the mother MMXX in the pairing and I'm interested in seeing the phenotype diversity in the S1 generation.
I use colloidal silver for my reversals but I would imagine the application of STS would be similar. I usually start spraying my targeted reversal branch 1 week prior to flipping to flower then continue to treat for 2 more weeks into flower spraying every day for roughly 21 days which usually by week 2 in flower I'll see pollen sacks forming on the treated site. Some cultivars can be a bit more stubborn in reversal because they are more sexually stable which is a good thing but if your trying to make more feminized seeds with such a strain you may have to outcross it with something else to make more seeds from it. If that's the case having a cultivar that you have worked with before that you know passes very little of its genetic makeup during breeding is a good direction to go with. Or pick something wildly different that reverses easily and outcross it n select from that progeny the phenotypes that resemble the Asian Haze to continue your project with.
Well I guess it's settled! The lineup for the grow is set............................. for the time being. We all know how grows Can change. And realistically, the only thing that can change is if Asian Haze does not germinate. That would free up the new tent for production if I wanted. I think that probably the best bet so I can actually test out my two small lights combined together in the 3x3 tent.

Well, this is from July 3rd of last year.
Vidamints and RootBeerFloat
They have been....................
Sweated
Fermented
Dried

Curing for six months

img_20230703_160548456-jpg.1610550

Tonight I will test
RootBeerFloat.

I think my first Test will be ingesting orally. To see if the cobbing actually did his intended purpose and decarbed the cannabis, this will be the best method to see if the cobbing actually worked.
So I'm gonna just wing the test. I don't know how much to actually take, but it's gonna be a nice little hunk!
:eyebrows:

I guess for scientific purposes, I'll go ahead and break my scale out to measure how much I take.View attachment 1665200
Don't mind the color, it's much darker than that.
That was my attempt at catching some of the sparkly parts!
All those little white parts are sparkles!

So I have already started with the test. I just did a one gram chunk.
As far as the texture goes, I guess it's kinda like that fake jerky made from plants. I'm kinda just chewing on it a bit and sucking the juices. Maybe kind of like a chew of tobacco.
You know it's cannabis, but the taste is not really offensive at all. I like to taste of cannabis.
I guess we'll see in a while!
It may be psychosomatic or it might actually be working as sublingual, but I can feel a 'touch' right now.

This was my update I posted yesterday in LS.

I can definitely call this cobbing experiment quite the success!
The material was definitely decarbed!
I'd say that my dose probably would need to be halved of what I took. I was pretty high for quite a considerable amount of time! The high was definitely different than your normal edible. Now that very well could be because of the strain I used, but my impression is that it's not strain related.
I guess you could say there was a sort of euphoric element mixed in there.
I'll test the Vidamints later this afternoon after my physical therapy session. I kind of wish I knew the effect now so I can have the pain relief of Vidamints.

So you say that this stuff can be vaped also?
I think the best device that I have for that would be the HerbalAire. Think I'll measure out a good portion and kind of chop it up with my razor blade.
I'm definitely happy with the result! It's definitely a unique way of utilizing cannabis and quite effective.​

Well, today is grow room work.

I'm hoping I can move the little tent without disassembling it and just put it in the walk in closet. If I use it to house my mom's come I think I'm gonna get one of HLG's propagation lights and put in there. That would solve two problems heat and too much light. The California light works that I would have to go in there he's only 160 watts, but you can't dim it.

I have to move my little small shelving down as far as I can into the corner and then move the 2 by 4 tent as close to it as possible.

IF I get that far, I can't install my lights yet, with my exhaust fan being delayed, looks like another two days.

Looks like it probably won't be dropping beans Sunday. I want to get everything set up and the junior's potted up and ready to plant. Let the tents run for a few days so I can get the lung room dialed in again.

I'll be making one change when setting up my Earthbox Juniors. I always set up my nutrient mound when I pot up a junior. This time, all the earthworm castings will be my own and harvested that day. That bin is full of life! I will pick out the obvious worms but I'm not going to sort through it to get the babies and the cocoons out. Once they are all potted up, I'll get the crow room dialed in and hopefully plant within two days.

My worm bin is a two tiered setup and the bottom is full of ewc. The vast majority of the worms have migrated to the top section from when I added it a couple of months ago with food on top. That section is now getting packed also. I've got another bunch of coco Soaked and ready to replace.
HF-LC4000v2-GRN-Lifestyle-2-1001px.jpg

The different sections have little pathways for the worms to travel to the next section. It only takes a few days for the vast majority of the worms to migrate to the top section where the food is.
HF-LC4000v2-PUR_41-scaled.jpg

This is the first indoor and my first purchased worm bin. For a small worm bin, it's pretty damn productive.

Everything fits together very tightly to help keep the moisture and worms inside.

Here's a picture of the bottom of the section with the migration holes visible.

That's a great worm apartment you've got there :thumbsup:
I assume you can keep stacking on the two there are? ie, buy extra trays?
I think you can buy extra trays if needed.

Your top is your working tray where they are being fed. That's where all the action occurs.............. The eating. pooping and making babies!

When they have that top section full of poop and/or making babies, you pick out any remaining food stuff and set it aside. You put fresh bedding into a new section and then put your food on top of that. I always put newspaper and then cardboard on top of that and moisten it. They'll eventually eat all that up. It gives them cover to come up right to the very top of the surface of the media and eat the food on top. I'll have several layers of newspaper and one main layer of cardboard, usually a pizza box. I have no idea what they're doing but you will find quite a few of them just all stretched out laying on top of the cardboard and intermingled in the newspaper. They're just laying around all stretched out!

The worms will keep themselves in check in breeding just by the amount of poop in the area and the amount of worms. When you're picking out the food, it's a good time to evaluate how many worms are in the top section and to see whether you need to harvest them to keep the population at a reasonable level.

So you put fresh food in the old food on top of the fresh media and then stick that on top of what used to be the top. It's really surprising how quickly they move from that bottom section to the top. Ain't normally only takes about a day or so and you will find worms in the top bin.

I started to leave the base In its place until I was ready to switch again. What this did is let any cocoons hatch and babies migrate up to the working section. No matter what, there will still be some worms in there and probably cocoons also.

Man, there is some absolutely beautiful EWC In that bottom tray at the moment. These are some very good vermy composters! And they make tons and tons of babies!!

I have it really intentionally introduced worms into any of my earth boxes. And that's mainly just because they just won't survive the re amending and cooking in the totes. Gets way too hot for them. While I'm not going to purposely introduce worms into my earth boxes, I'm not going to exclude them when I add the EWC to the earth boxes. I think what I'll do from now when I finish a run in the Earth box, I'll quickly go through the contents and pick out any obvious worms and put them in either the no till pots or no till beds when I get them installed. With as quickly as they produce, I don't need to put them back in the worm bin.

To me, being organic, it's not the worms or the EWC I'm after. It's the entire bio sphere that I'm after. That becomes even more important since I don't make my own compost anymore.

It's definitely a nice little bin. It works very well and it does not smell. It's small enough that you can put it just about any place where you would be comfortable and it will work. One of the rearrangements will be putting this behind my 4x4 tent in the corner.

Back