Night Owl Seeds Cosmic Apprentice- what to expect?

GinFizzLuv

Qualified Live Stoner
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
I’ve got a Cosmic Apprentice day 4 from sprout. Going into a 5 gallon with Buildasoil LOS 3.0 and dry amendments as needed.

I’m in a 2x2x5 with a HLG100 3000k.

Any tips, tricks, cautionary tales, etc?

Seems like it could get decent sized. Are they heavy feeders? Any notable deficiencies or other issues peeps have experienced? Thanks all!

I grew one last spring with a group of 4 Night Owl sativas. My Cos App mutated and I still got around 5ozs from her.
Galaxy Brain and Mango Isle got to 4ft or so in 5 gal. Bubblegum Queen and Cosmic Apprentice were more bushy.
Bub Queen yielded the most. Not sure how big the Cos App would get. Want to try again for sure. Super frosty good smoke.
I went lite on the feed for the sativa grow.

WWoSR2U.jpg

I grew one last spring with a group of 4 Night Owl sativas. My Cos App mutated and I still got around 5ozs from her.
Galaxy Brain and Mango Isle got to 4ft or so in 5 gal. Bubblegum Queen and Cosmic Apprentice were more bushy.
Bub Queen yielded the most. Not sure how big the Cos App would get. Want to try again for sure. Super frosty good smoke.
I went lite on the feed for the sativa grow.

WWoSR2U.jpg
Right on. Thanks man. I read another grow report suggesting to keep feeding on the lighter end of things for the CA.

What kind of mutation did you see on yours?

I’m hoping for a nice sized plant to fill the 2x2x5. I almost popped a Galaxy Brain, but have seen some absolute monsters that would probably outgrow the 2x2, so I went with the Cosmic Apprentice instead.

edit: forgot to ask, did you do any training, or did it bush out naturally?

I just grow them out. I have 8.5’ ceilings in my garage room. The plant popped as a perfect seedling and went haywire. Crazy elongated leaves and branching. The trunk eventually split. Night Owl stuff is fantastic imo. If you get it right I’m sure CA will fill your tent. Post some pics, I’d love to check them out. :pass:

I just grow them out. I have 8.5’ ceilings in my garage room. The plant popped as a perfect seedling and went haywire. Crazy elongated leaves and branching. The trunk eventually split. Night Owl stuff is fantastic imo. If you get it right I’m sure CA will fill your tent. Post some pics, I’d love to check them out. :pass:

10-4. Thanks again man! Will for sure post some progress pics.

Loved growing out my cosmic apprentice, just finished one up back in August. Very strong hazy smell with what they call neon berry. Not sure what that is but it oddly describes it. I grew mine in soil organically in a 3 gallon pot and got just shy of 6oz. Has been my go to daily smoke for a few months now, very potent after a cure. Won't get too tall if you top it but will want to bush out some. Buds aren't super dense but great thick sativa style buds. You can check it out in my old thread if you're interested.

Loved growing out my cosmic apprentice, just finished one up back in August. Very strong hazy smell with what they call neon berry. Not sure what that is but it oddly describes it. I grew mine in soil organically in a 3 gallon pot and got just shy of 6oz. Has been my go to daily smoke for a few months now, very potent after a cure. Won't get too tall if you top it but will want to bush out some. Buds aren't super dense but great thick sativa style buds. You can check it out in my old thread if you're interested.

beautiful man! I will definitely check out your grow. Thanks for all the info. Super helpful!

and sounds like a killer smoke. Neon berry sounds awesome! My last grow was Dessert Isle, Mandela Effect, and Cookies n Creamix. So I’ve been puffing either mango or motball flavors. Some nice berry flavors would be a nice change of pace.

Edit: just peeped your harvested pics. That turned out great. Super frosty and that density you had there is perfect for me. Honestly, I prefer that over super dense rocks.

beautiful man! I will definitely check out your grow. Thanks for all the info. Super helpful!

and sounds like a killer smoke. Neon berry sounds awesome! My last grow was Dessert Isle, Mandela Effect, and Cookies n Creamix. So I’ve been puffing either mango or motball flavors. Some nice berry flavors would be a nice change of pace.

Edit: just peeped your harvested pics. That turned out great. Super frosty and that density you had there is perfect for me. Honestly, I prefer that over super dense rocks.
Thanks man! You can't go wrong with night owl, the CA is definitely on my regrow list once I run out. I most recently finished up some Orlando's Magic, Galaxy Brain, Mngo Mrrr, and Queen's Banner along with finishing up the Cosmic Apprentice and Marathon OG a bit earlier.

Really loved the CA obviously but the Mngo Mrrr is the best I've grown yet. Super potent and nice smoke and it smells like straight mangos it's amazing. My number one smoke for anytime right now. The Queen's Banner is very nice as well, strong and very frosty. The Orlando's Magic smells like lemon lime it's quite refreshing and a nice change if you're looking for something else, just not quite as strong. If you want more of a berries smell and taste Galaxy Brain is your ticket. Very nice sweet berry smell. Reminds me a lot of the CA actually even in the buds and smoke. Marathon OG is a solid strain as well. Always have some night owl in my tent. Got some Invader Zam and Star Spangled Banner 3 on deck next! Plus whatever I pickup between now and then.

I’m going to run Mandela and Quicksand Cookies next. I bought some 7 gal bags and am going to grow the Mandela Effect in one. I’ve been wanting to try Fugue State for a while. This will have to do. :biggrin:

I’m going to run Mandela and Quicksand Cookies next. I bought some 7 gal bags and am going to grow the Mandela Effect in one. I’ve been wanting to try Fugue State for a while. This will have to do. :biggrin:
Nice! My Mandela Effect ended up super branchy with a ton of bud sites. I think pulled a qp from a 3 gallon soil grow. I bet you’ll see some really nice things from a 7 gallon!! Flavorwise mine ended up heavy Mango with a bit of acetone sharpness.

Back