Crossing autos to photos

Jwilly

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Maple leaf indica cir 2013
I see alot of miss information on the internet about breeding and specially breeding and crossing with autos. People say if u breed a auto to a photo first generation doesn't produce autos.this is not true. The female in the cross is the dominant pheno in the cross . The f1 generation will have more phenos that resemble her than the male [probably why bodhi was a big hit at one time] so if u breed a stable autoflowering female to a photo male you will find more than half will autoflower and the other half will be early flowering photos because the female is dominate. Switch the matings around and use the photo as the female in the cross and very few will auto flower witch is why people say to f2 them to find autos. I know there are people that will disagree but I urge you to try it yourself. The proof is in the pudding.

Hello Jwilly, I am thinking about trying this, have some #1 afgan hash plants seeds, They are all regs, So i want to try to breed it wt 1 off my auto's, If i pollenate the auto with hash plant pollen will i get auto seeds or reg seeds or maybe both kinds.. i'd rather use auto;s but cannot find reg auto seeds here in canada.Thanks

The way I have been told of the autoflowing trait is that it is recessive. You need two different parents to give a the trait. Just having one copy of the recessive trait will not auto flower from what I understand. I guess there is a chance that a photo would have a copy of that trait. f1 seeds would have 1 copy each and would be photos. f2 run would be a photo run. f3's would start to show auto flowering traits. About 25%

Last edited:
Hello Jwilly, I am thinking about trying this, have some #1 afgan hash plants seeds, They are all regs, So i want to try to breed it wt 1 off my auto's, If i pollenate the auto with hash plant pollen will i get auto seeds or reg seeds or maybe both kinds.. i'd rather use auto;s but cannot find reg auto seeds here in canada.Thanks
If the auto is the mother and the mother is a stable auto yes first generation/f1 will produce some autos

The way I have been told of the autoflowing trait is that it is recessive. You need two different parents to give a the trait. Just having one copy of the recessive trait will not auto flower from what I understand. I guess there is a chance that a photo would have a copy of that trait. f1 seeds would have 1 copy each and would be photos. f2 run would be a photo run. f3's would start to show auto flowering traits. About 25%
If the auto was the male part of the cross very few autos will show up in the f1 generation. To bring up the odds it is best to f2 to rediscover the autoflowering trait

Back