Did you top at all? Looks like nice fat flowers. Did you make a cross or just for smoke?
Not topped just manipulated a bit early on to encourage side branching, wish I had done more they could have held more weight with more branching. Hopefully not to fat, don't need any mold... humidity is at 37% right now and another dehumidifier kicks on at 45% if it gets there.

Each mother has three branches pollinated each by a different f1 sib male, the orginal cross used three different males as well so it not exact science more of a scrach and sniff endeavor of genetic recombination. Still lots of seedless or almost seedless branches for smoke too!

This starting work was mainly to see what each of the moms produced from each dad, certain lines will continue on others will get benched unless I need to restart after working a line and finding a dreaded fatal flaw... So far Line 1/b has shown the best potential over all, but each line has differences like this line 3/c is very compact and has grapey smells, 1/a has about 1/3 minty phenos the rest are bubba/OG like, so most fall some where in the buuba/chem/og area... So lots of room to make good and bad selections. I will make mistakes but hopefully a few good selections will come along... This is the last of the f1 trials, f1 lines identified as better than mom and fitting my tastes will be futher tested and some lines will get crossed more promiscuously than others.

There is something that I had not considered when selecting a male for breeding. I know to select strong healthy plants. They should have the smells and colors you are looking for. Most importantly they should not be a hermaphrodite? We don't want to pass that trait along.
You guys need to tell me these things. (Just kidding).

I started my seed making project. I want to ultimately get down to growing one or two cultivars. By growing three new varieties every time I'll never figure out the proper way to feed and nurture a plant. It's like growing a different variety of orchid every try and expecting them to require the same conditions.
I have two nice 15-day old CMD males in one pot, a 15-day Witcher's creek which I'm totally seeding out.
4 CMD sex unknown yet, about a week old as well as 3 blackstrap and my last Gammathon. I will just pollinate a few flowers on each plant except for the Witcher's which has already been dusted. No flowers on it yet though. A thousand or more Witcher's creek seeds to hunt through.
Question; Am I back crossing Witcher's creek with CMD? I'm not sure of the term.

When starting out with breeding, try to keep it simple. Do some research and try to find cultivars that are similar to each other. The further your cultivars are separated from each other the more differences your offspring will show. Do this for each project until you have your base to work with and you'll be fine :thumbsup:
Great to see others using CMD as the male base. It's a great cultivar and @FullDuplex is amazing for sharing it in regular form. This will give people the chance to partake in some breeding without the use of STS, not that there's something wrong in using STS, but there must be more to a male then only that Y-chromosome, right? I'm already a couple of generations removed from the first cross with CMD, but still find that taste wise the CMD surely left it's mark on it's offspring.
Also fun to know is that it's ancestors found it's origin on this forum, Dragon's baby!! Whooop whoooop :dragon8:

When starting out with breeding, try to keep it simple. Do some research and try to find cultivars that are similar to each other. The further your cultivars are separated from each other the more differences your offspring will show. Do this for each project until you have your base to work with and you'll be fine :thumbsup:
Great to see others using CMD as the male base. It's a great cultivar and @FullDuplex is amazing for sharing it in regular form. This will give people the chance to partake in some breeding without the use of STS, not that there's something wrong in using STS, but there must be more to a male then only that Y-chromosome, right? I'm already a couple of generations removed from the first cross with CMD, but still find that taste wise the CMD surely left it's mark on it's offspring.
Also fun to know is that it's ancestors found it's origin on this forum, Dragon's baby!! Whooop whoooop :dragon8:
Having fun with it for sure. I collected some pollen from a second male today. I got rid of him and did a wash down of the tent. It looks like the Witcher's Creek is fully seeded. I'll use some of the saved pollen if she gets more flowers. I've got 2 more CMD s going. If they're male I'll collect some more pollen. If female I might as well pollinate a flower or two.
I was thinking about all the hard work that @FullDuplex has done to get to Witcher's Creek. I may as well hunt through a bunch of WC to find the ones that will put up with my less than perfect gardening skills. Goal - three-foot-tall great yielding plant with yummy sticky buds.

Back