Dragon Meds Dab out here with Durty Dragons.

dam I cant find any clay pebbles in my area well at petsmart but its like 9.99 for a tiny bag. wonder if I can use volcanic rock or perlite instead?
I'm not using any hydroton clay. I just have airdomes and plain coco coir in my pots.

:jointman: Doobie, lots of good choices out there for a pH meter, TDS/EC,... I like TDS because it's an extrapolation of EC into ppm's, a more "user friendly' measurement,.. Here in the States, it's not a problem, but just an FYI, EC is universal measurement, but TDS isn't... pop in here to get more info if you like! for US, 1.0EC = 500ppm
ec_ppm_conversion_chart-png.435193

.... HM is a good company too, but no matter what you get, be sure get the storage solution, and 7.0 & 4.0 calibration solutions,... Have Di/RO water on hand, better to control pH unless your tap is soft/low ppm.... gotta rinse the unit clean with RO/Di water after every use (all my lab experience makes me anal- :rofl:-- for good reason though!)...... I'd get an Accurate 8 soil pH probe too, nothing beats direct in-pot measurement, and in Autopots, collecting run-off is FUBAR! :nono:..... are you running coco or soilless, or true soil?
... looks like you may have to order the clay pellets, or the big chunk pumice-type stuff,....

yea you know i have the accurate 8 probe me boy. Ill be using a mix of 70/30 coco mixed with my soil blend on top with 40/60 perlite.I figure get things started get those roots movin with a light mix that will run out fast.

:jointman: Doobie, lots of good choices out there for a pH meter, TDS/EC,... I like TDS because it's an extrapolation of EC into ppm's, a more "user friendly' measurement,.. Here in the States, it's not a problem, but just an FYI, EC is universal measurement, but TDS isn't... pop in here to get more info if you like! for US, 1.0EC = 500ppm
ec_ppm_conversion_chart-png.435193

.... HM is a good company too, but no matter what you get, be sure get the storage solution, and 7.0 & 4.0 calibration solutions,... Have Di/RO water on hand, better to control pH unless your tap is soft/low ppm.... gotta rinse the unit clean with RO/Di water after every use (all my lab experience makes me anal- :rofl:-- for good reason though!)...... I'd get an Accurate 8 soil pH probe too, nothing beats direct in-pot measurement, and in Autopots, collecting run-off is FUBAR! :nono:..... are you running coco or soilless, or true soil?
... looks like you may have to order the clay pellets, or the big chunk pumice-type stuff,....
Well I am using adavnced PH perfect but Just got all the parts I need for a good Autopot grow. Had to drive 1 hr to get Hydrotone and a ph/ec pen picked up some new shears and a used fan for the low. DAM 145 spent so about 305 spent on the autopot project to start and thats without air domes. Now its DRAGON TIME..gona pull out the exotics lol WHAT 4 to pic hmm.

I use a 70/30 blend of soil and coco, no perlite, etc, its just not needed. This is a bottom fed system and what is needed is wicking not drainage. the 30% coco increases the wicking moister retention and aeration, the soil retains nutrients. I've run several different setups, straight coco, straight soil, soil with perlite, coco with perlite, and this soil mix has out performed them all. And even better, I haven't change the medium in the last 5 grows! I cut out the stump and leave a hole the size of my starter pot and re-plant in the hole! My current plant has just about filled my 4x4 tent!

I'm using Megacrop as a nutrient.

Herijuana pic1 -11-9-2018.jpg

yea you know i have the accurate 8 probe me boy. Ill be using a mix of 70/30 coco mixed with my soil blend on top with 40/60 perlite.I figure get things started get those roots movin with a light mix that will run out fast.

Oh ok cool but damit i wish i would have got this info from you last night before i filled my pots lol I have a mix of Hydroton,then 70/30 coco then my soil blend on top. What ill do is mix the rest of the coco with the soil and let it cook till the next grow.

OK all set up with the Autopots . Seeds are in place dropped a few in each and ill remove males for breeding pollen.I really need to get more fems . Regs are kind of a pain on small grows . I need to get my sts skills up and make fem seeds i guess. and I wonder what happens when you take tissue clones from an auto hmm. Dammit I need MORE SPACE lol pics in a bit of the others ..More just growing them now for giggles.

Back