New Grower Danielsaaan’s 5th Grow - Strawberry Nuggets

I am. I also think it has more to do with how little drainage my soil has. I think I should’ve used wayyyy more perlite. I’m thinking 50/50 next grow. Also going Coast of Maine next grow with organic amendments. I feel like that has to be way harder to fuck up. Also going to follow DLI chart and VPD charts very strictly. Fingers crossed! Good luck with your grow(s) brotha!
Just my opinion but I hope you don’t go 50/50 with the coast of Maine stoneington blend.. Me personally I use it as is right out of the bag

I am. I also think it has more to do with how little drainage my soil has. I think I should’ve used wayyyy more perlite. I’m thinking 50/50 next grow. Also going Coast of Maine next grow with organic amendments. I feel like that has to be way harder to fuck up. Also going to follow DLI chart and VPD charts very strictly. Fingers crossed! Good luck with your grow(s) brotha!

How long does your fan run and what speed setting? I noticed in all pics it looks like it’s blowing directly onto the plants, yeah?

Looking nice. I pulled one of my freebies down today.
44C8D86C-F782-4941-86F6-69DAF7174D4B.jpeg

#maincola

The fans oscillate on a medium setting

Any chance what you’re seeing is wind burn and not nute related per se? Even oscillating on medium may be too harsh with it pointed direct, causing the leaves to dry out quickly through over-transpiration (crispy tippys). This in turn affects nutrient translocation which would be the yellowing. You may get VPD dialed in based on temp and humidity probes, but that direct wind removes the leaf’s “boundary layer” and the leaf surface is experiencing a different VPD than the environment suggests. I’m still learning but that’d be my shot in the dark 🤷‍♂️

Will probably do the same then. No issues with drainage?
No it doesn’t drain very good that soil is like a sponge hold a lot of water.. I use to add perlite to all soil but then it was explained like this to me “if coast of Maine wanted the perlite in there they would have put it in themselves” they spend tons on money designing these soil and nutes don’t go changing what they’ve done :pighug: Especially going fully organic you do not want the soil to dry out otherwise all the microbes will die and defeats the purpose of TLS

Back