New Grower Danielsaaan’s 5th Grow - Strawberry Nuggets

I think I’m going to try brown paper bags after hang drying. Anybody have experience with this? Single layer on bottom? Do I trim beforehand? Just fold the bag over once and clip? Then how long do you leave in brown paper bags before moving to groves/jars? So many questions. Appreciate all the help!
I do semi brown bag and a bunch others too can't remember all who first that comes to mind is @JP1 does his whole dry in brown bags i think

I hang for 5-7 days whole no trimming then trim once buds are <20% on wood moisture meter.. You can get the feel you don't want them too crispy the buds themselves.. Then I put in a brown bag for 24-48 hrs with hygrometer once it reads 62% or buds are <15% with wood mositrue meter then into jar

I do brown bag drying. If you want to hang, then bag it's a little different then just bagging and everything really is dependent on the room you're in. But, generally I'll just trim off the fan leaves and keep the buds and branches under 3" before bagging. The sugar leaves will protect the buds and break off by the time you're dry enough. But no more then 2" of buds per bag and mix daily. Days in the bag will totally depend on how much you hang dry and humidity in the room. Straight from plant with removed fans with rh of 45 will take about a week in bags. Check with a meter in a jar when you're close. Bags can go from 70% to 50% super quick. When you hit 70 either put the paper bags into plastic bags or put the weed into jars and go slow from there. Here's a hanging plant and some bags in a bag to slow them down
PXL_20230430_035327256.jpg

PXL_20230430_035907041.jpg

Once they hit 65% in a jar I'll do the final trim and then into grove bags

Wanted to try saving space so I did it last harvest for the first time but not in total darkness. It was a necessary experiment which turned out great. I cut em in 12” long sticks, standing up and about 3-4 sticks per bag. Hung em on sock hangers on a pole with a fan circulating air under them and not directly on em. Rotated the hooks every night. Took 7-8 days to get 62ish% in the jar and they’re still kicking ass in the grove bags. Can’t tell a difference to be honest, the dry took about the same time as the tent did. Got lucky with ambient temp and rh though averaging 62/62. I even unscrewed all but one light bulb in the shed to keep as dark as I could when I was in there lol but I needed to see if I could dry properly in a very convenient manner and I give it a thumbs up.
5EFF7180-15BD-485C-8919-876D84C24EB3.png

Started my dry 04/27. Hung whole plants. Trimmed yesterday and put them in brown paper bags. Hygrometers are reading 67-70% today, so thinking I should be good in another 24h or so. Then into grove bags. Here is a pic of some of the buds:
0F3CEB66-E0AB-4C8D-88D3-E9FD6AA41D28.jpeg

Here are pics of some of the flowers off each plant. Groves are holding steady between 60-62%, 62F. Smell isn’t there at all yet. Hopefully after a few weeks in the bags that changes. Could have to do with how unhealthy my plants got at the end; not sure!
9B18B670-ED96-43E4-A9CE-FE7ABB0DEABD.jpeg
BBBAB1B5-EC40-46EC-A4F4-11ABBBE7C384.jpeg
B81C8825-A1A6-45A9-BF63-B3DD0BBF823B.jpeg
BFFF4900-FE95-441D-9849-EC0FF0667C90.jpeg

Back