New Grower Danielsaaan’s 5th Grow - Strawberry Nuggets

Any chance what you’re seeing is wind burn and not nute related per se? Even oscillating on medium may be too harsh with it pointed direct, causing the leaves to dry out quickly through over-transpiration (crispy tippys). This in turn affects nutrient translocation which would be the yellowing. You may get VPD dialed in based on temp and humidity probes, but that direct wind removes the leaf’s “boundary layer” and the leaf surface is experiencing a different VPD than the environment suggests. I’m still learning but that’d be my shot in the dark 🤷‍♂️
Man you may have just cured my crispy tippy problem so I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. :cheers:

Man you may have just cured my crispy tippy problem so I just wanted to say thanks for sharing. :cheers:
I’m too new to know for sure, just my observations. I have the same AC Infinity oscillating fan as @Danielsaaan above the canopy, and a mini Vornado oscillating fan below…both blow indirectly, the plants just feel the wind bouncing off the tent walls. As I trim up the girls early flower (leaving some low big fan leaves) I change the angle on my Vornado to go upwards more…the big fans I leave down low go from healthy and green, to discolored bright yellow and dried at the edges over the course of a week after getting battered with more “direct wind”.

I’m too new to know for sure, just my observations. I have the same AC Infinity oscillating fan as @Danielsaaan above the canopy, and a mini Vornado oscillating fan below…both blow indirectly, the plants just feel the wind bouncing off the tent walls. As I trim up the girls early flower (leaving some low big fan leaves) I change the angle on my Vornado to go upwards more…the big fans I leave down low go from healthy and green, to discolored bright yellow and dried at the edges over the course of a week after getting battered with more “direct wind”.
Also being new, since I had 6 seedlings needing more humidity I had an AC infinity blowing straight at my 45 day old but at lowest setting. I was worried about mildew or dampness should some leaves touch. Coincidentally I started getting my first yellow tips which then turned brown and crispy. Just the very tip of leafs but I couldn’t figure why as she’s had same treatments as all plants before her. Maybe it’s not the reason but it sure can’t hurt to try!

Also being new, since I had 6 seedlings needing more humidity I had an AC infinity blowing straight at my 45 day old but at lowest setting. I was worried about mildew or dampness should some leaves touch. Coincidentally I started getting my first yellow tips which then turned brown and crispy. Just the very tip of leafs but I couldn’t figure why as she’s had same treatments as all plants before her. Maybe it’s not the reason but it sure can’t hurt to try!
Well I may see as well, haven’t had the AC Infinity for long. Now that I have the oscillating fan above the canopy my inner mad scientist has been wanting to try a high wind day to simulate the heavy Santa Ana winds we get when the seasons change. I have it on it’s own programmed timer where it’s 3-4 hrs on, 1-2 hrs off cycling and am going to crank it to the max setting (10) for a day. We’ll see if the tippys at the top show the crispys! 😂

@Danielsaaan - the other thing making me think wind speed is the inner parts of each plant are lovely green almost every picture, only the edges (where they’d be drying from outside in where the surface area is smaller) are browning or yellowing.

70: Moved my oscillating fans to above and below my canopy and reduced the speed a bit. How much longer do you think these have? They going to make it? Appreciate everyone’s help and insight along the way!
2DE19541-09EC-4A40-AA35-379E7B6B6B38.jpeg
241CF4B9-49DF-4020-BF79-242543D1AC84.jpeg
7D86886D-BDEA-4A1A-9F5D-FD4C1D3FF1F8.jpeg

Ay man, do you have any COM grow diaries you could link me? Appreciate your insight!

This is my current run with CoM

The first part of this is CoM but the last few pages the current stuff is coco and meagacrop i mention where i switch you can tell the difference too

These were done in CoM but some are double post from the mine dairy above

This is one of my earlier runs with it

This is my first go with it

This thread started it all lots of good info in here along with others using it :d5:

70: Moved my oscillating fans to above and below my canopy and reduced the speed a bit. How much longer do you think these have? They going to make it? Appreciate everyone’s help and insight along the way!
View attachment 1587648View attachment 1587649View attachment 1587650

Real pretty color on those buds man. My guess is that while everything looks different in a pic, I think that right there is gonna taste good and get me high if I chopped today which would also enable me to move on to the next grow. I’d take a final peek at trichs and take note of the effect with perhaps no amber. Experiments rule. If the yield looks smallish and longer means stronger then I’d let em go. At this point it’d just be a matter of when it’s convenient for me to chop as it pertains to the demands of the next grow. That’s my input valued at $.02

Real pretty color on those buds man. My guess is that while everything looks different in a pic, I think that right there is gonna taste good and get me high if I chopped today which would also enable me to move on to the next grow. I’d take a final peek at trichs and take note of the effect with perhaps no amber. Experiments rule. If the yield looks smallish and longer means stronger then I’d let em go. At this point it’d just be a matter of when it’s convenient for me to chop as it pertains to the demands of the next grow. That’s my input valued at $.02
I agree 👍 if left longer i’d personally start taking off any super dead fan leaves, they’re pretty much energy sinks at this point.

This is my current run with CoM

The first part of this is CoM but the last few pages the current stuff is coco and meagacrop i mention where i switch you can tell the difference too

These were done in CoM but some are double post from the mine dairy above

This is one of my earlier runs with it

This is my first go with it

This thread started it all lots of good info in here along with others using it :d5:
Thank you! I’m 99% on mobile, so this helps a lot

Back