Dinafem Dinafem OG Kush - RainScience GrowBag Test & Round1 2019 Grow Battle (Only1Sky)

Only1Sky

The only way out is in.
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Dinafem, Sweet Seeds, Mephisto, HSO
Hey folks, here's my photo journal of 2 Dinafem OG Kush plants; they will be participating in the RainScience Grow Bag test as well as Round 1 of the 2019 Dinafem Grow Battle. :biggrin:
Additionally, they'll be competing in:
The Biggest Grow Battle in the World
General Battle of the Year
Lighting Grower of the Year. :biggrin:

The setup is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: Cobshop COBs (4x3500k and 1 2700k); schedule: 20/4
And each tent has: 6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans in opposite corners
Small humidifier & dehumidifier

1 plant will get the 5 gal RainScience Grow Bag
1 plant will get the equivalent 5 gallon fiberpot or Air-Pot (to be determined)

Both pots get the same medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Both plants get the same nutrients: Megacrop, Sweetcandy & Bud Explosion from @Greenleaf Nutrients

Last edited:
Hey folks, here's my photo journal of 2 Dinafem OG Kush plants; they will be participating in the RainScience Grow Bag test as well as Round 1 of the 2019 Dinafem Grow Battle. :biggrin:

The setup is:
Gorilla Grow tent: 4x4x8
Lights: Cobshop COBs (4x3500k and 1 2700k); schedule: 20/4
And each tent has: 6" intake fan, 6" exhaust fan, two interior circulation fans in opposite corners
Small humidifier & dehumidifier

1 plant will get the 5 gal RainScience Grow Bag
1 plant will get the equivalent 5 gallon fiberpot or Air-Pot (to be determined)

Both pots get the same medium: Roots Organics Original; amended with dolomite, azomite, silicium & worm casings
Both plants get the same nutrients: Megacrop, Sweetcandy & Bud Explosion from @Greenleaf Nutrients
Bring on the show Sky [HASHTAG]#godinafemgladiators[/HASHTAG]:thumbsup:

Seeds dropped in RO water on Jan 18, then 12 hours later into paper towel (in the dark and on a heat source. Tap roots appeared the next day, so then its into a root plug until sprout.
0.1 kush drop.jpg
0.3 OGK a.JPG
1.OGK a.JPG
View attachment 1005167

I call this Day 1, and its was basically 4 days from drop-to-sprout. They'll spend a few days under T5's and under a humidity dome until the final pots are ready.

Seeds dropped in RO water on Jan 18, then 12 hours later into paper towel (in the dark and on a heat source. Tap roots appeared the next day, so then its into a root plug until sprout.
View attachment 1005150 View attachment 1005151 View attachment 1005152 View attachment 1005167

I call this Day 1, and its was basically 4 days from drop-to-sprout. They'll spend a few days under T5's and under a humidity dome until the final pots are ready.

Let this epic grow begin :pass:

Good luck with the grow my friend and thank you for getting your grow diary up and running. This is going to be one fun filled year with a lot of Dinafem girl's being grown on AFN :bong:

You look to be off to a nice start. Let's see what you can do :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..

Let this epic grow begin :pass:

Good luck with the grow my friend and thank you for getting your grow diary up and running. This is going to be one fun filled year with a lot of Dinafem girl's being grown on AFN :bong:

You look to be off to a nice start. Let's see what you can do :thumbsup:

All the best

Mark..
Thanks Mark. Nice to be accompanied here by you and the AFN community. Great times ahead. :yay:

Well, sadly, this grow had a huge misstep, :oops1: and is now in the category of "epic fail." :rofl:. Things were going typically OK, see here at day 5:

5.Dina1.jpg
5.Dina2.jpg

But then the next day the leaves of these, and all my other 3 plants, turned seriously burned and brown. All I did was mist them in the morning, then put the humidity dome back on. Hum... what's different this time is that I had moved them into the tent and fired up two AutoCobs over them. In all my previous grows I've used my Amare light with just the monochromes on for the first couple of weeks. So, I guess the power of the AutoCobs augmented perhaps by the plastic humidity dome was overkill for this tender stage of growth. I waited to see if they'd totally die, or survive & recover. Here's how they now look on day 11:

11.OGKs.JPG
11.OGK1.JPG
11.OGK2.JPG

Well, they're not dead. But clearly they got stopped in their tracks. :frowny: For day 11 this is pathetic. I won't throw them away, I've seen how early problems can often be overcome, but I am considering trying to germinate two more replacement seeds. :greencheck:

Hm, happens sometimes....covered u into Biggest:pass:

Fearing the worse, the day of the previous post, I did a 2nd drop of OG Kush seeds, assuming I'd need a replacement. Good thing, 'cause by day 15 one of the original plants had died, and the survivor is still in a coma.

12.OGKs (0).JPG
15.OGK1.JPG

Fortunately both replacements germ'ed and have sprouted. :biggrin: Currently tending them under gentle T5 bulbs and humidity dome over the tray.

15.OGKs 3&4 (1).JPG

Back