New Grower DP Auto Colorado Cookies

NICE LADIES, fantastic pic's----- I just love the keeper of the cookies pic, and of corse, i'm a sucker for trich pic's.:jointman:----
Thanks a lot rick! Tomorrow I’ll add new trich photos, hoping to find some ambers as the harvest is scheduled for 3 days.
E70A0852-D598-4FE4-8FFF-E49370B71900.jpeg

Just took this one with flash on to see all those beautiful trichs reflecting :smoking:

Harvest half way done, was thinking to wash my buds or not, and in the end, did it. Some may find it a bit weird, I don’t know if it was already discussed at this forum, but for anyone interested, there’s another community (idk if I can mention) with a 100+ pages thread discussing that. The last time I did it was because of a mad spider mite infestation, washed most of them off and the smoke turned out to be one of the best I’ve ever had!
So, I’ll show what I did:
First, her last photos, almost sad to kill her, but it’s for a good reason :smoking:
99FB1D16-7224-4FF9-B02E-56D4619BBC21.jpeg
096BFA77-AB88-4604-A019-74EC91488E78.jpeg

Removed some of the bigger fan leaves and cut her branch by branch, that’s what left. Remembering she had 10 tops as I topped her on 5th node.
B5D8EB2A-0F20-4A14-A50F-EB962EE5E34A.jpeg

So, the washing part, took more time researching about it than doing, it’s a really fast part, took me 1 hour total from cutting to hanging her back at the cleaned tent.
I used 2 buckets of water (around 3gal), one had 1/2 cup of fresh lemon juice and 1/2 cup of baking powder (100% sodium bicarbonate), the second bucket had only plain water. Some may add H2O2 in case of mold and/or one mid bucket with warm water (up to 4 buckets), decided to keep it easy with just 2.
Took every branch and rinsed down at the baking powder/lemon juice bucket, giving it a little shake for 20/30s, removed the excess and moved for the tap water bucket for more 30s. Repeated for every branch. If you’re doing several plants, it’s good to clean the buckets between 2-3 plant.
Let her branches hanging for 20 min just to removed the excess of water:
A02BB0AE-22B5-4A1F-A64D-BCBDB48C623B.jpeg

Some people argue that leaving her with some light after wash for 1-2 days will give her a better sweet flavor, idk about that one, for sure it will not cause any bad, so I’m letting her to dry a bit with lights on and start the trimming tomorrow!
2E0DE528-3C40-47ED-BBC6-10D11CAB3594.jpeg

That’s a different light setup, I’m retiring my hps from now on, temps on Brazil coast area are a bit too much, so my next grow will be with those 2 cobs (100w), saving me at electricity bills as well. For anyone from Brazil reading, just send me a message asking about the cobs, they make awesome panels with a nice cost benefit, kinda hard to find it here!
That’s it! For anyone wondering if washing is worth it, take some time to read or use a “test” bud, wash it, my throat thanked me :biggrin:

Harvest finished! I’m using the paper bag method to dry, Rh going for 65-80% outside. I’ll try to control that rh inside a small box full of dissecant stuff, like silica/calcium chloride, I’ll add more until I reach something lower than 60%, them with another meter inside the bags, check how the buds are going. Expecting nothing less than 7 days, didn’t come up with something definitive for drying at this Rh range, hope it’s enough!
E56AF773-1EDC-439B-A85A-27EE5A37F014.jpeg

3C1CF25A-BB62-4E4D-961F-21175BBDEC02.jpeg
18B705C6-9C46-4963-B2A0-073C0FD131DF.jpeg
Let this one without trimming, wanted a more “old school” look to taste. As for the trim, I’ll dry em ass well for storage and use for cooking, it’s already clean from the wash and ready to use!
B477B214-80D1-4F9F-8F76-D3FFEE7CD445.jpeg

Opening the box is like a punch in my nose, probably my neighbors can feel it too :biggrin:
Thanks everyone, if go everything fine, in one week will post the smoke review, photos and yield! Guessing for 2.5-3oz:smoking:

Interesting, I never thought about washing buds. I’ll look into it. Nice grow @Beeagle !!
Some say it reduces potency, but couldn’t feel it. On the other hand, felt like the “sweet spot” from curing came a bit faster, around 1month, also the taste without curing didnt had so much “hay” and super smooth for the throat. Some people just wash them on current tap water, but the mix of lemon/baking powder remove that “hard” debris, being gentle with the oils.

Back