New Grower DP Auto Colorado Cookies

Harvest finished! I’m using the paper bag method to dry, Rh going for 65-80% outside. I’ll try to control that rh inside a small box full of dissecant stuff, like silica/calcium chloride, I’ll add more until I reach something lower than 60%, them with another meter inside the bags, check how the buds are going. Expecting nothing less than 7 days, didn’t come up with something definitive for drying at this Rh range, hope it’s enough!
View attachment 1039660
View attachment 1039649 View attachment 1039650Let this one without trimming, wanted a more “old school” look to taste. As for the trim, I’ll dry em ass well for storage and use for cooking, it’s already clean from the wash and ready to use!
View attachment 1039651
Opening the box is like a punch in my nose, probably my neighbors can feel it too :biggrin:
Thanks everyone, if go everything fine, in one week will post the smoke review, photos and yield! Guessing for 2.5-3oz:smoking:
That’s a fine looking harvest, great looking buds!
:slap:

Day 63-66’ish she went thru a heat wave, temps up to 36C, couldn’t control it because I wasn’t at home. It kinda messed her up to 2 days, but recovered well ;)
View attachment 1037133

And Lyra, Keeper of the Cookies:kitty:
View attachment 1037244

The heat and spider mites are hard to deal with.
Love your little Keeper of the Kookies! <3
@Maria Sanchez :pass:i think is in a hot hot place
good luck n keep er lit
:pighug:

In an ideal world, it would only get hotter than 25C when we spark the lighter...

It's a bit cooler here today, forecast high of .... 36C...
Next week forecast to almost 40C...

Some say it reduces potency, but couldn’t feel it. On the other hand, felt like the “sweet spot” from curing came a bit faster, around 1month, also the taste without curing didnt had so much “hay” and super smooth for the throat. Some people just wash them on current tap water, but the mix of lemon/baking powder remove that “hard” debris, being gentle with the oils.
Hey there Beeagle[emoji482]

Congratulations on the Harvest it looks really well plants come out real nice. Looks like you got a lot of nice trichomes on there.

I've been washing my crops now for about 3 years. I harvest about 10 times a year or more.
I've been using H2O2 process for a long time. In the past I had been using 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 quart to 1 gallon of clean water.
This as worked very well in cleaning the harvest of PM and all other impurities such a spider mites a aphid eggs other residue from sprays that mite have been left on the plant.

I also use that same mix to spray the plants with every few days up to the day of harvest.
It helps as a preventative. I also use it in the soil as an oxidizer for roots your plant will love h202 there's a lot of uses for hydrogen peroxide and growing. Google it tons of people use it in a lot of different ways.
I've only scratched the surface of how to use hydrogen peroxide in my growing. I use it about four or five different ways right now.

I just Harvested a Chem Berry Diesel. Big plant it had quite a bit of p.m. on the lower side of it.
This Harvest was a large harvest about a pound and a half.

I got a new hydrogen peroxide. Instead of 3% that I have been using that you can get at any Pharmacy. I bought a bottle at the hydro store of 34% hydrogen peroxide this bottle was about $9.50 and is used in Hydroponics. It can be used 3 to 4 ml to a gallon to add oxygen to the roots.
I double that for cleaning and washing.
This is now my preferred way of cleaning and washing all of my cannabis. I let it soak for about 15 minutes and then I'll let it sit on a tray for an additional 10 or so minutes to drain and then I wash it off with clean water and then I trim as normal.
It's my new preferred way to do it I started doing this about a month ago in this manner it's absolutely the best way that I've come across.Trimming the weed and eliminating all of them nasties. Trimming the weed when it's wet after rinsing is a sure Joy compared to the old way.

The lemon juice and baking soda I don't know what the lemon juice is for? It is an acid and is a stripper and could actually reduce your potency by washing some of your trichomes off.
And if it's diluted down to a point where it doesn't do anything thr it's just all smell good right?
The Reason I say this is. I've tried before.
The Hydroperoxide and Water by itself works great one less thing you got to worry about and the outcome is nothing but pure weed. This particular batch I did with the 34% and doubled up the dose my clients say this is some of the best tasting smoke that they have gotten from me in a couple of years so I'm sold on how I do it now.

But just my two cents bro[emoji12]
You did a fine job though and I'm glad you saved your crop. It looks awesome.

This is a pic of one of the worst pm buds after a 5 days dry.
This is 34% hydrogen peroxide
ceebff9225ed275e695ffcd18d1c687b.jpg
11632085de836cf5c88a4e464284e60e.jpg
f4f6799296fbb38109a741a0b6f1566b.jpg
c87d2db18e78a6101a2ff6724b5fa8f9.jpg

Hey there Beeagle[emoji482]

Congratulations on the Harvest it looks really well plants come out real nice. Looks like you got a lot of nice trichomes on there.

I've been washing my crops now for about 3 years. I harvest about 10 times a year or more.
I've been using H2O2 process for a long time. In the past I had been using 3% hydrogen peroxide 1 quart to 1 gallon of clean water.
This as worked very well in cleaning the harvest of PM and all other impurities such a spider mites a aphid eggs other residue from sprays that mite have been left on the plant.

I also use that same mix to spray the plants with every few days up to the day of harvest.
It helps as a preventative. I also use it in the soil as an oxidizer for roots your plant will love h202 there's a lot of uses for hydrogen peroxide and growing. Google it tons of people use it in a lot of different ways.
I've only scratched the surface of how to use hydrogen peroxide in my growing. I use it about four or five different ways right now.

I just Harvested a Chem Berry Diesel. Big plant it had quite a bit of p.m. on the lower side of it.
This Harvest was a large harvest about a pound and a half.

I got a new hydrogen peroxide. Instead of 3% that I have been using that you can get at any Pharmacy. I bought a bottle at the hydro store of 34% hydrogen peroxide this bottle was about $9.50 and is used in Hydroponics. It can be used 3 to 4 ml to a gallon to add oxygen to the roots.
I double that for cleaning and washing.
This is now my preferred way of cleaning and washing all of my cannabis. I let it soak for about 15 minutes and then I'll let it sit on a tray for an additional 10 or so minutes to drain and then I wash it off with clean water and then I trim as normal.
It's my new preferred way to do it I started doing this about a month ago in this manner it's absolutely the best way that I've come across.Trimming the weed and eliminating all of them nasties. Trimming the weed when it's wet after rinsing is a sure Joy compared to the old way.

The lemon juice and baking soda I don't know what the lemon juice is for? It is an acid and is a stripper and could actually reduce your potency by washing some of your trichomes off.
And if it's diluted down to a point where it doesn't do anything thr it's just all smell good right?
The Reason I say this is. I've tried before.
The Hydroperoxide and Water by itself works great one less thing you got to worry about and the outcome is nothing but pure weed. This particular batch I did with the 34% and doubled up the dose my clients say this is some of the best tasting smoke that they have gotten from me in a couple of years so I'm sold on how I do it now.

But just my two cents bro[emoji12]
You did a fine job though and I'm glad you saved your crop. It looks awesome.

This is a pic of one of the worst pm buds after a 5 days dry.
This is 34% hydrogen peroxide
ceebff9225ed275e695ffcd18d1c687b.jpg
11632085de836cf5c88a4e464284e60e.jpg
f4f6799296fbb38109a741a0b6f1566b.jpg
c87d2db18e78a6101a2ff6724b5fa8f9.jpg
That’s some fine frosty bud!
Last time I washed my buds on 4 buckets:
1 - H2O2 around 2% (couldn’t find higher than 10% conc, this 34 is much more practical)
2 - the lemon+sodium bicarbonate
3 - warm’ish water (Less than 40C), was in doubt about this one, so only 2 buds
4 - tap water (normal temps ~25)
What I noticed:
The whole wash killed almost every mite, the ones alived died after because they don’t feed on dried weed, just gave a little shake on the buds. The buds that i washed in the warm water as well had a more vivid deep green than the others, no damaged trichs at all, but it was 1 more step, for a big harvest, it’s a lot!
About the lemon, using it alone would probably removed a bunch of trichs, but in a low concentration with the alkaline part from the bicarbonate, they go just fine (you can see the CO2 bubbles from the reaction), almost can’t smell the lemon and they don’t modify the bud flavor as the last bucket is just water to remove the residue.
Also thanks for the tips! Never taught using H2O2 for the roots or even spraying, makes a lot of sense! :d5:
Edit:
Found some trich shoots after wash from last grow, it was a Nirvana NL harvest at day 90
44ADB877-DC88-4102-A62F-23FD8C7C17DB.jpeg
DC829BDA-140D-4EE7-92E4-AD518D35765C.jpeg
5DDD564E-B3AE-4F80-A14E-015EC80DFC01.jpeg

and the washed bud with warm water as well
AD88A8D3-50C7-4246-ABBC-B7EE3AC1171A.jpeg

Last edited:
The heat and spider mites are hard to deal with.
Love your little Keeper of the Kookies! <3

In an ideal world, it would only get hotter than 25C when we spark the lighter...

It's a bit cooler here today, forecast high of .... 36C...
Next week forecast to almost 40C...
Jesus freakin Christ ahaha, you probably use some heat resistant strains, my cookies almost passed away from a few days of 35 :crying:.
I’m pretty sure now I erradicated the mites from my house, washed every room with deltamethrin (super diluted ofc) before this grow, even removed my cats for a week, that’s some strong stuff. But introduced some cleaning habits as well, cleaning every tool with alcohol, also the tent every 2 weeks!

Finally! After 10 days of drying, hardly removing 1-2%rh on the last 3 days, she’s completely dry and jarred! The final weight was 83.4 grams, a few grams short for 3oz! :d5:
Impossible not to try them early on, the smoke is super sweet and still giving me that mango smell, also very light on the throat already, probably the washing was good:biggrin:
The high, Oh geez, I was on a no-smoke routine for at least 3 months, that thing hit me like a truck, my head was flying high, with a consistent side smile I was incapable to remove from my face. At the same time, my body was like a freaking stone, also dried eyes as someone walking in a sandstorm. Good stuff I must say :smoking:
After smoking a bit more, got less from that crazy high and a much more relaxing, still happy af
And some photos ofc
00301554-3A67-43C9-ADDA-B2F2EBFA064E.jpeg
1856D149-B03D-4CD0-B072-84EBD0C5EDAC.jpeg
FD9DE7D1-7650-45CF-A3D3-01ADFB0F047D.jpeg
04A6CECD-90F6-4C77-87C3-DDE598A48668.jpeg
C3347A57-F8F3-4BED-AFE7-8314FBC106F7.jpeg
5244F2F0-48CC-469D-AC15-50A1CBBA31FC.jpeg
C20E34CB-688F-4335-8768-8A90769CEBF6.jpeg

Finally! After 10 days of drying, hardly removing 1-2%rh on the last 3 days, she’s completely dry and jarred! The final weight was 83.4 grams, a few grams short for 3oz! :d5:
Impossible not to try them early on, the smoke is super sweet and still giving me that mango smell, also very light on the throat already, probably the washing was good:biggrin:
The high, Oh geez, I was on a no-smoke routine for at least 3 months, that thing hit me like a truck, my head was flying high, with a consistent side smile I was incapable to remove from my face. At the same time, my body was like a freaking stone, also dried eyes as someone walking in a sandstorm. Good stuff I must say :smoking:
After smoking a bit more, got less from that crazy high and a much more relaxing, still happy af
And some photos ofc
View attachment 1044544 View attachment 1044545 View attachment 1044548 View attachment 1044549 View attachment 1044546 View attachment 1044547 View attachment 1044550
Aw breathtaking mate! Great photos! Those buds are looking awesome — super excited for my own harvest. Love how you described the high. Congratulations!
:d5::crying::bow::vibe::drool::slap:

And some photos ofc
View attachment 1044544 View attachment 1044545 View attachment 1044548 View attachment 1044549 View attachment 1044546 View attachment 1044547 View attachment 1044550
Congrats bro excellent grow! :slap:

Back