Enjoying the mushroom growing journey

Willy510

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
I started microdosing about 6 months ago , going great so far, and I'm lucky enough to be in an area that has dispensaries that sell 'shrooms but I love to be able to grow my own. I was so excited when the first flush was ready to harvest that I forgot to take a pic until I had already pulled a bunch out. Those were B+ and I got 585 grams wet on the first flush. I learned a lot and the second flush is looking even better after I increased FAE
If you've been thinking about it, it's really not hard especially when you follow the simple instructions of 90 second mycology, Philly Golden teacher and FunFruitsGuy on YouTube.
Starting with liquid culture does make it quite a bit easier and I've been getting it from cubecultureusa.com
Everything from them has been shipped very fast and most importantly clean and contaminate free :thumbsup:. I paid full price and don't get anything from them , just sharing a good source.
bPlusFirst.jpg

I started microdosing about 6 months ago , going great so far, and I'm lucky enough to be in an area that has dispensaries that sell 'shrooms but I love to be able to grow my own. I was so excited when the first flush was ready to harvest that I forgot to take a pic until I had already pulled a bunch out. Those were B+ and I got 585 grams wet on the first flush. I learned a lot and the second flush is looking even better after I increased FAE
If you've been thinking about it, it's really not hard especially when you follow the simple instructions of 90 second mycology, Philly Golden teacher and FunFruitsGuy on YouTube.
Starting with liquid culture does make it quite a bit easier and I've been getting it from cubecultureusa.com
Everything from them has been shipped very fast and most importantly clean and contaminate free :thumbsup:. I paid full price and don't get anything from them , just sharing a good source.
View attachment 1527686

Those are some good looking mushrooms. What's your tub size and spawn to bulk ratio?

I've read LC speeds things up and I think it should, but I've got a bag of Wild Texas from multi spore syringe that's out pacing my LC bags. But what's really speeding up my first grow is finding 5 pound fully colonized bags online lol.

Those are some good looking mushrooms. What's your tub size and spawn to bulk ratio?

I've read LC speeds things up and I think it should, but I've got a bag of Wild Texas from multi spore syringe that's out pacing my LC bags. But what's really speeding up my first grow is finding 5 pound fully colonized bags online lol.

Thanks, I'm using the Sterilite 32 qt latching tubs and I think that tub had about a 1:2 spawn to substrate ratio and I used DinoSoil substrate from Twisted Tree Nursery. I'm still just kinda guessing/experimenting with ratios.
I'm pretty much following the FunGuyFruits no touch method and I just put it all in the tub with Microposse filters and don't open it until ready to harvest. I do find that the tubs with 6 holes are working better than the first one I tried with just 4 FAE holes. I really think most people will have to experiment a little to find out what works best in your growing environment.

Those jedis look great. I've got a bag of JMF that should be ready for the tub in a few weeks. How tall are those 32qt tubs?

Those jedis look great. I've got a bag of JMF that should be ready for the tub in a few weeks. How tall are those 32qt tubs?

They are just a little under 12 inches tall and fit well on the cheaper wire rack shelves.
Cheapest place to get them I've found is Walmart for $50 shipped for 4 of them or they sell singles in the store for a little more.
I actually was just gonna start off with a couple of shoebox grows but I guess its a slippery slope :doh:
tub rack.jpg

That's a good looking setup. I was wondering about the height because the 32qts I found at wally world were about the same surface area as the 64qts but half the height. I found your totes online; they are nice. I've got the 58qts and they're only 4 inches longer, same width at the bottom. Mine are almost twice the volume but only 25% more surface area.

I kinda dove head first in myself. I think I went in with the mentality of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Plucked 25g dry of this MVP, hoping for a couple more ounces for my first flush. I've gotta grab myself a shelf. My second monotub is running, and I've got 2 more to go in this week.
1024220436a.jpg

That's a good looking setup. I was wondering about the height because the 32qts I found at wally world were about the same surface area as the 64qts but half the height. I found your totes online; they are nice. I've got the 58qts and they're only 4 inches longer, same width at the bottom. Mine are almost twice the volume but only 25% more surface area.

I kinda dove head first in myself. I think I went in with the mentality of throwing everything at the wall and seeing what sticks.

Plucked 25g dry of this MVP, hoping for a couple more ounces for my first flush. I've gotta grab myself a shelf. My second monotub is running, and I've got 2 more to go in this week.
View attachment 1530756
Thanks, I'm pretty happy with the setup so far
I think I had the mentality of starting off very small until I started reading Reddit and all of the contamination and failure there made me take the throw everything at it mentality too but it turns out that having experience working in sterile environments and following directions has made this pretty good so far.
I've just about finished picking the first flush of Jedi Mind F*ck and so far 797g wet has come out. For a 32qt tub I'm pretty happy
I should have a tub of Yeti going in this week too and hopefully some golden and king oyster shrooms too

Back