The Manic Mushroom

5 days since s2b, and my tubs are completely colonized. I've been trying to do the neglect tek, so I went straight to 12hrs light after s2b. Should I be doing more?

I don't use light besides what's available in the room. I mist if the walls look dry, or dry the lid if it's dripping with water. As long as they're getting good Fresh air exchange you're good.

I don't use light besides what's available in the room. I mist if the walls look dry, or dry the lid if it's dripping with water. As long as they're getting good Fresh air exchange you're good.
I honestly thought they needed a little light to discourage the side pinning. Although, I did do the liner also. I took the lids off for the first time yesterday after you mentioned too much moisture dripping down.

But having them in a grow tent with an exhaust should give enough fae? I figured it would pull air in and out of the tubs the same way it does the tent.

I honestly thought they needed a little light to discourage the side pinning. Although, I did do the liner also. I took the lids off for the first time yesterday after you mentioned too much moisture dripping down.

But having them in a grow tent with an exhaust should give enough fae? I figured it would pull air in and out of the tubs the same way it does the tent.
I was thinking about this too, then I started wondering if it would introduce possible contaminations? Am I over thinking it?

They don't need a ton of fae, the modified monotubs with micropore tape over the holes is enough fae for them to fruit fine without any fanning on my end. More fae shouldn't hurt, as long as humidity isn't dropping from it. The light won't help with side pinning, but a liner will. I don't bother and just deal with the side shrooms, once cleaned off they're just bonus yield.

I was thinking about this too, then I started wondering if it would introduce possible contaminations? Am I over thinking it?

Once you spawn to bulk you've pretty much introduced them to the elements unless you're in a hepa room or something. I haven't had much issue with contam after spawn to bulk lately, I've attributed it to switching to sterilized bulk, but may just be a string of luck for me.

2nd flush of the hillbilly coming in. I've tried various things for second flushes, soaking the whole cake, watering the cake, and this time I gave the cake just a heavy misting. Finished harvesting the first flush less than a week ago.

0625230728a[1].jpg

Now I did the same to hillbilly delta a few days earlier and only pulled maybe an ounce out of the second flush.

2nd flush of the hillbilly coming in. I've tried various things for second flushes, soaking the whole cake, watering the cake, and this time I gave the cake just a heavy misting. Finished harvesting the first flush less than a week ago.

View attachment 1607495

Now I did the same to hillbilly delta a few days earlier and only pulled maybe an ounce out of the second flush.
That's awesome! How long did it take for the first flush? Pretty sure I'm just starting to see pins!

That's awesome! How long did it take for the first flush? Pretty sure I'm just starting to see pins!
Around 10 days from s2b before pins on the hillbilly, then started harvesting 6 days later. Small dehydrator so they were harvested over a few days.

Around 10 days from s2b before pins on the hillbilly, then started harvesting 6 days later. Small dehydrator so they were harvested over a few days.
Are staggered harvests ok? I thought I was going to have to harvest whenever the first veils break, regardless if they were all ready or not.

Are staggered harvests ok? I thought I was going to have to harvest whenever the first veils break, regardless if they were all ready or not.
Staggered harvests work fine for me. I pluck them as they open but sometimes it's a day or 2 extra.

Back