New Grower First grow, humbolt caramel cream (8-3-22)

I had 1 Gold Leaf Auto plant hermy on me, but I didn't notice 'til she was cured and somebody found seeds in the grinder. There were 3 that survived, sprouted, and produced some primo bud, S1 I suppose. It was just a couple of buds at the bottom of the plant that had seeds, so I assume something hermied above there. Maybe you can start 2 or 3 next run?
I wanna but my 3x3 small, or maybe I really pushed the veg time on this last one. I suppose it was alternating nodes for over a month before I flowered it so I could have kept it smaller. Maybe I will do 3 and just do what I can to make it work. Hell if I could afford it Id get a 10x8 tent and just have a mini greenhouse in my basement but I cant afford that crap.

Whether you do 1 plant, or 2, 3, or 4, they will fill your 3x3. With more plants competing for light, they will probably stay smaller, but you'll have the advantage of variety, and gaining more experience in less time. Have you considered starting a new crop a month before harvest? That saves a lot of time. The first 3 weeks they don't grow much, and haven't started to smell, so you can put them anywhere. During the Summer I started 3 on a shelf in my office under a 65w LED board.

With unlimited space, and a NYS legal limit of 3 plants in flower, I've been starting 3 every 6 or 7 weeks, but if the old crop runs 90-100 days the babies get kinda huge. You probably need to space them out more.

Whether you do 1 plant, or 2, 3, or 4, they will fill your 3x3. With more plants competing for light, they will probably stay smaller, but you'll have the advantage of variety, and gaining more experience in less time. Have you considered starting a new crop a month before harvest? That saves a lot of time. The first 3 weeks they don't grow much, and haven't started to smell, so you can put them anywhere. During the Summer I started 3 on a shelf in my office under a 65w LED board.

With unlimited space, and a NYS legal limit of 3 plants in flower, I've been starting 3 every 6 or 7 weeks, but if the old crop runs 90-100 days the babies get kinda huge. You probably need to space them out more.
You really think I could do 4 photos in there? In 5 gal pots?

Let's' see, that would be 18"x18" for each plant... @Suki squeezes them in tighter than that. Are you committed to photos? They won't need to veg very long, maybe top before 3 weeks and flip at 4 weeks? Or start them at 12/12? (I've only done a couple of photos) If you top 4 plants each above the 4th node that would be 16 colas filling up the 3x3, or 20 colas if you top 4 plants above the 5th node. Should be a fun grow.
For size comparison, here's my 18" isolation cabinet, with a Mango Smile in 1/2 gallon of coco at day 30:
MS.2_day30_isolation.jpg

Let's' see, that would be 18"x18" for each plant... @Suki squeezes them in tighter than that. Are you committed to photos? They won't need to veg very long, maybe top before 3 weeks and flip at 4 weeks? Or start them at 12/12? (I've only done a couple of photos) If you top 4 plants each above the 4th node that would be 16 colas filling up the 3x3, or 20 colas if you top 4 plants above the 5th node. Should be a fun grow.
For size comparison, here's my 18" isolation cabinet, with a Mango Smile in 1/2 gallon of coco at day 30:
View attachment 1534968
Im not married to the idea of only photos, I like what autos bring to the table, but you all saw how I struggled a lot during veg with this last one. I just dont wanna stunt an auto and end up with some of the tiny ass stunted ones Ive seen. Ya know what I mean. I guess I could just do it and make the best of it. Hell maybe Ill do 3 this time. Im going to the gardening store tomorrow to pick up more soil. Scrubbing down my tent and hopefully by monday morning I should be back in the game.

Im not married to the idea of only photos, I like what autos bring to the table, but you all saw how I struggled a lot during veg with this last one. I just dont wanna stunt an auto and end up with some of the tiny ass stunted ones Ive seen. Ya know what I mean. I guess I could just do it and make the best of it. Hell maybe Ill do 3 this time. Im going to the gardening store tomorrow to pick up more soil. Scrubbing down my tent and hopefully by monday morning I should be back in the game.
If you want to pack them in @420autoflower is the guy you want to talk to!

@420autoflower @Suki says you are the best at packing a tent, I wanna make the most out of a 3x3 space and I am a sponge. My goal right now is just to maximize the space. Wanna do 3 to 4 plants but I really only have photos and i only have 5 gal pots right now
I think 5 in 5 gallon containers would be a good number of plants in a 3x3’ tent. You could be daring and go for 9 but it would require some heavy pruning to make it all work and not sure if you want to put that much into it. 5 healthy medium sized plants and some very minor training will give you a nice canopy of colas and much easier to manage. If you do decide to grow more I would suggest smaller containers and go for more of a SOG type grow with 1-2 gallon bags/pots to keep the plants from getting too big and to be able to fit more in your tent.

Back