New Grower First Grow in 22 years, Nature's Living Soil

My two pennies? If you're in the US, I'd go with Build A Soil.. Check out their website and IG page. The IG page has step by step how to videos of organic grows from seed to harvest. Jeremy the owner is well known and respected in the gardening community and knows his stuff. They have 4 lab tested soil mixes for different levels of organic growers.. The soil tests show exactly how much of each element is already in the soil. And soil tests are not cheap. You rarely see a soil company post data sheets.. No guess work. I use the Malibu compost mix. I also have one small bag of their craft blend top dress. It is also lab tested and the npk ratios are clearly stated. They also tell you exactly how much of each ingredient is used to make the top dress. They're just super transparent. I bought 30 gals of soil, the top dress and 2 15 gal pots ( like 120 bucks shipped) and have been reusing this same soil for almost 2 yrs now. Haven't bought soil since. Water only for 90% of the grow.

Im with Popp on the products being too hot, on top of them saying to mix 1lb of it with the soil, regardless of how hot the soil already is. I could see adding 1lb to say pro mix, but OF? No way I'm amending that before use. It's hot enough as is. Add in the mis info about Ocean Forrest and Happy Frog being mainly coco, and it's seeming like their may be some snake oil sales tactics at play. I searched their web page and couldn't find the npk ratios anywhere for any product or how much of the ingredients were used to make the mix..The girl flower power should at least have some sort of ratio listed for sure.
Build A Soil started a new vid series on YT. Should be interesting.

@WildBill thanks for your comments and help! I will check out this video, and try build a soil in the future! I do have 10 lbs left of NLS, and expect it to work fine now that I appear to know the issues. The NLS support, and generalized info are lacking for those that need details. But, there seems to be no doubt others have gotten great results. Some of the wise ol boys here know much better, as the real secret is to KISS! Following your comments closely over with @Big Sul , I have learned tons! My problem appears to be with my watering technique, and "beast mode" with the feedings (tea'n each week since start of veg, and tea'n and topping in the same week (8). Thanks again for your effort. Any suggestions anytime, no matter how harsh are always welcome!

@WildBill thanks for your comments and help! I will check out this video, and try build a soil in the future! I do have 10 lbs left of NLS, and expect it to work fine now that I appear to know the issues. The NLS support, and generalized info are lacking for those that need details. But, there seems to be no doubt others have gotten great results. Some of the wise ol boys here know much better, as the real secret is to KISS! Following your comments closely over with @Big Sul , I have learned tons! My problem appears to be with my watering technique, and "beast mode" with the feedings (tea'n each week since start of veg, and tea'n and topping in the same week (8). Thanks again for your effort. Any suggestions anytime, no matter how harsh are always welcome!
I dig (pun intended) @WildBill style. He shoots straight.

I dig (pun intended) @WildBill style. He shoots straight.
LOL! I always shoot straight.
I'm still learning canna and container growing.
Container growing is a totally different from growing outdoors in actual soil.
Canna is just like any other plant you choose to grow. To grow any plant, you need to learn what IT needs to be fully optimal.

weeks 8 (day 51) and 9 (day 59)
View attachment bruce 3-1.jpgView attachment star 3-1.jpg
growth 3-5-21.jpg

days 58 (week 9), and days 51 (week 8). The Gumberry (bottom left), seems to be moving along a lot happier/ her "yellowing" of course is not ideal, but seems to be better...

View attachment bruce 3-1.jpg

Attachments

• bruce 3-1b.jpg
    6.5 MB · Views: 17
  • star 3-1.jpg
    7 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Back