Flushing vs. Flushing

1700 ppm??? tips not being burnt does not mean your plants aren't toxic. I don't believe for a minute that feeding them more will give you a bigger or better crop. Are you saying they canna industry in general feeds like this? What medium? or DWC? CO2 enhancement?
I'd bet money that you'd have a better crop at a lower ppm.

That's a bit of a myth (on schedule,) it depends on when the plants are done. If we're in a crunch or need product, we'll harvest early, otherwise we're scoping trichs at this facility :cheers: As far as the feeds go, where is the data that cutting back 10% does anything like you suggested? I'm all about testing things out :thumbsup: We're pushing upwards of 1700 ppm on our flowering feeds with not even the slightest burning in tips, we're actually thinking of trying to push them even more. We do follow a schedule for nutrients, but we also give the plants what they are asking for. Shrug. It's just scaled up.

Most ag operations aren't smoking their product either.

1700 ppm??? tips not being burnt does not mean your plants aren't toxic. I don't believe for a minute that feeding them more will give you a bigger or better crop. Are you saying they canna industry in general feeds like this? What medium? or DWC? CO2 enhancement?
I'd bet money that you'd have a better crop at a lower ppm.

100% coco-coir, 750 ppm CO2 enrichment. Light dep with gavita lights throughout. I don't believe our plants are toxic because of our feeding. :thumbsup: I'm not saying either that I think we should be feeding every time either (I actually feed/water/feed/water with coco at home personally, something the owner is letting me consider on this grow,) but I don't think there's anything wrong with giving plants stronger feeds if they have the ability to take them. Clearly the plant has a maximum threshold (told to us visually.)

20200323_100812.jpg

View attachment 1171259
You must have millions in rev. 1k aint much if it gives you results.
40k gallons at 6g/gal 2400lb mc at $4500
View attachment 1170997

Another common myth; there isn't shit for money in cannabis depending on the type of business (I say this in reference only to Colorado's market (where I live,) but also that I have experience with/in. IMO, between taxes and regulation, pretty much only large players/collectives are the ones really profiting or standing to profit. The price of flower is nothing compared to the black market (indoor flower averages wholesale around $1000 a pound on a good day, outdoor averages around $600-650 a pound, maybe a little higher if it's somehow fire.) Prices fluctuate, but after taxes those figures almost HALVE in terms of what comes in, and often that's before paying labor/wages too.

On the recreational side, the ONLY thing dispensaries base willingness to pay on is:
A) THC potency from lab tests
B) Seeds or no seeds
C) Tightness of trim (evidence of hand trim versus machine trim)

Since rec sells flower by tiers based on THC potency (which is 100% total bullshit, I could rant and rant and rant of how BULLSHIT cannabinoid testing is and how we've all been duped for decades on what is getting you high,) they only pay top shelf for what will SIT on their top shelf.

If they find ONE seed in the buds while examining, it instantly drops the entire price of the purchase down hundreds of dollars per pound.

I'm actually a strong proponent for MORE regulations (I have stories about the last grow I was at that would make NONE OF YOU ever buy rec cannabis in Colorado ever again, like fucked up shit lol,) but at the same time, the double edge is the regulations are making it so expensive to stay in cultivation that only the big players will be around. Kind of how small farms are being replaced by super farms in agriculture.

Every penny counts in every business out there, regardless if it's canna or not. $1000 saved is a potential $1000 towards bills (or bonuses!)

AAS
View attachment 1171259

Another common myth; there isn't shit for money in cannabis depending on the type of business (I say this in reference only to Colorado's market (where I live,) but also that I have experience with/in. IMO, between taxes and regulation, pretty much only large players/collectives are the ones really profiting or standing to profit. The price of flower is nothing compared to the black market (indoor flower averages wholesale around $1000 a pound on a good day, outdoor averages around $600-650 a pound, maybe a little higher if it's somehow fire.) Prices fluctuate, but after taxes those figures almost HALVE in terms of what comes in, and often that's before paying labor/wages too.

On the recreational side, the ONLY thing dispensaries base willingness to pay on is:
A) THC potency from lab tests
B) Seeds or no seeds
C) Tightness of trim (evidence of hand trim versus machine trim)

Since rec sells flower by tiers based on THC potency (which is 100% total bullshit, I could rant and rant and rant of how BULLSHIT cannabinoid testing is and how we've all been duped for decades on what is getting you high,) they only pay top shelf for what will SIT on their top shelf.

If they find ONE seed in the buds while examining, it instantly drops the entire price of the purchase down hundreds of dollars per pound.

I'm actually a strong proponent for MORE regulations (I have stories about the last grow I was at that would make NONE OF YOU ever buy rec cannabis in Colorado ever again, like fucked up shit lol,) but at the same time, the double edge is the regulations are making it so expensive to stay in cultivation that only the big players will be around. Kind of how small farms are being replaced by super farms in agriculture.

Every penny counts in every business out there, regardless if it's canna or not. $1000 saved is a potential $1000 towards bills (or bonuses!)

AAAAANNNNNDDDD this why artisanal may become the norm. THC percentages are bull when CBG and others have so many capabilities but breeders breed for 25% and think they have a winner. Breeding regulations and hopefully an increase in preservationism brings awareness to the crappy industry standards and lack of SOPs in place.

I should be able to buy or sell clean cannabis locally without excessive oversight while still getting quality. Everyone wants yield and THC but that's shortsighted and imo a rabbit hole into big tobacco with fillers that advertise high THC for a buzz but that's it. Specializing in extracts, healing, edibles, etc that work for the grow and the strains in mind rather than getting high yield and associating that with quality or a good job. It's the same in the American food industry with yield over quality and low brix but large tomatoes

The rec market shot itself in the foot from day one. between the idea that you could maintain black market pricing and government's added greed on taxing, and over regulation, prices have remained stupid. Taxing it a real detriment to eliminating the black market especially when it's based on weight. Look at California where top shelf is selling over $400 an ounce. Half of that is taxes!

With a more realistic tax structure growers could make more at much lower prices. Seems funny to me greenhouse growers of tomatoes for example make money, and they sure as hell aren't making $1000 a pound! Bud should be within the realm of liquor, let's say $60 an ounce. But everyone wants to get rich quick, both the growers and governments. Greed reigns! This is why it is so important for us to push hard for the right to grow our own. Did anyone read about how the corporate growers in talks with NYS about legalization, came out against home growing? They tried to make it sound like home growers are the ones responsible for the the weed flowing from legal states, yet every bust has been from corporate weed going out the backdoor.

I very much doubt I'll ever do much more than sample some commercial weed and concentrates, I've got better things to spend my money on. And I haven't bought weed from a dealer since 1975 either......... and I'll continue to grow, legal or not!

AAS

AAAAANNNNNDDDD this why artisanal may become the norm. THC percentages are bull when CBG and others have so many capabilities but breeders breed for 25% and think they have a winner. Breeding regulations and hopefully an increase in preservationism brings awareness to the crappy industry standards and lack of SOPs in place.

I should be able to buy or sell clean cannabis locally without excessive oversight while still getting quality. Everyone wants yield and THC but that's shortsighted and imo a rabbit hole into big tobacco with fillers that advertise high THC for a buzz but that's it. Specializing in extracts, healing, edibles, etc that work for the grow and the strains in mind rather than getting high yield and associating that with quality or a good job. It's the same in the American food industry with yield over quality and low brix but large tomatoes

Back