Flushing vs. Flushing

I use Fox Farms Oceans, I tried just distilled water 6.5 with Kelp extract. I ran into hole bunch of problems. I know distilled water is stripped of everything. I had ph of 8 to8.4 on the water before I used ph down. All nutes are absorbed at about 6.5. It was still burning my plants. So I took it down to 6.1 after adding nutes, Cal Mag, Beastee Bloomz, Kelp extrac. I use some molasses about once a week. I was using a cheap 600 watt LED, I have switched to 5 3500k from BigSm0. What a difference since changing lights out. Hey does anyone know if you have some leafs with dead on them is it ok to trim it off

I use Fox Farms Oceans, I tried just distilled water 6.5 with Kelp extract. I ran into hole bunch of problems. I know distilled water is stripped of everything. I had ph of 8 to8.4 on the water before I used ph down. All nutes are absorbed at about 6.5. It was still burning my plants. So I took it down to 6.1 after adding nutes, Cal Mag, Beastee Bloomz, Kelp extrac. I use some molasses about once a week. I was using a cheap 600 watt LED, I have switched to 5 3500k from BigSm0. What a difference since changing lights out. Hey does anyone know if you have some leafs with dead on them is it ok to trim it off
Imo yep

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Please don't tell new growers to flush before harvest. I flushed my first grow and it was a mess, the nutes flushed down the drain (duh), plant became yellow and the pot (hempy bucket style) became filled with regular water and the sugarleaves died, someone else told me the leaves died cause the PH was off. The flush made me confused until I decided that I don't care if the flush is good or not cause I am not going to flush a healthy pot. Flush if you want but don't tell beginners to do it, horticulturalists wonder why we do it and we don't know yet.

Last edited:
It's a technique depending on media used too.
I also learned you don't just starve the poor lady right when she is finishing up making those thrichomes blurry n milky.
The plant needs a little N and higher PK still towards the last few weeks.
I believe the ideal scenario is when you dial it in to provide nutes but low enough N to let it naturally start fading from the fan leaves towards the end.
And a good cure beats flushing out your THC producer IME.
2/29, 3/13

Attachments

• 1584834314550.png
    1584834314550.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 212
  • 1584834384711.png
    1584834384711.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 213
The whole flushing came out of the fact that the nutrient makers have always encourage people to overfeed their plants. That and people's attitude that more is good and too much is just enough.....
I'm growing with Megacrop and many of the strains I grow do well on as little as 425 ppm! The most I've used is 525. I got the idea to try low ppm levels from Hygrohibrid on youtube, who grows 1lb.+ plants in DWC and uses no more than 650 ppms! I even re-use my soil. I have auto pots that have had the same soil in them for almost three years. I've never had to "flush the salts" and have never had a problem with growing in that soil.

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of bullshit foisted of onto the gardening world

It's a technique depending on media used too.
I also learned you don't just starve the poor lady right when she is finishing up making those thrichomes blurry n milky.
The plant needs a little N and higher PK still towards the last few weeks.
I believe the ideal scenario is when you dial it in to provide nutes but low enough N to let it naturally start fading from the fan leaves towards the end.
And a good cure beats flushing out your THC producer IME.
2/29, 3/13

The whole flushing came out of the fact that the nutrient makers have always encourage people to overfeed their plants. That and people's attitude that more is good and too much is just enough.....
I'm growing with Megacrop and many of the strains I grow do well on as little as 425 ppm! The most I've used is 525. I got the idea to try low ppm levels from Hygrohibrid on youtube, who grows 1lb.+ plants in DWC and uses no more than 650 ppms! I even re-use my soil. I have auto pots that have had the same soil in them for almost three years. I've never had to "flush the salts" and have never had a problem with growing in that soil.

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of bullshit foisted of onto the gardening world
Hey how many grams does it take to get to 425. I’m not trying to be exact just trying to figure out about what I’m feeding my girls. No meters here. I’m using RO water so very little to no ppms starting. I Just bumped up to 3 g/gallon. And .75g/gallon sweet candy.

I don't like weighing it, i measure. 2 1/2 teaspoons is about 425
Hey how many grams does it take to get to 425. I’m not trying to be exact just trying to figure out about what I’m feeding my girls. No meters here. I’m using RO water so very little to no ppms starting. I Just bumped up to 3 g/gallon. And .75g/gallon sweet candy.

Back