New Grower GhostToof Mephisto, LED, Soil, ~3x3x7 First Autos.

Reaction score
Hello folks. OldManLuxx here. I have been lurking on AFN for a while and decided to kick off my first auto only run. Ill try to format this to be an easy read, as well as digital notes for myself.

Previous Knowledge:
I have done several indoor grows in the past with photos using HIDs in poor environment and soil. My most recent grow I stressed them out too much with heat and they all hermied. Live and learn i guess. I read and watch everything i can to increase my productivity and efficiency. I know a few things but i still consider myself new. All comments, questions, and inquiries are most welcome.

Current Setup:
Area - Closet, 3.5x4x7(ft)
Light - Yehsence 1500w LED (~350 watts at the wall im guessing)
Exhaust - 6in 400cfm fan (forget what brand.. had it for years) vented into the attic.
Intake - passive, staggered holes with grates from living area.
Filter - 4in Carbon Filter
Medium - Soil, FFOF with 20% Perlite
Containers - Four 3 gallon cloth grow pots with handles.
Beans - Mephisto Illuminauto [HASHTAG]#39[/HASHTAG] - Ghost Toof
Nutrients - None yet, see below.

Objectives:
Provide myself and my roommate with 1.5oz a month each, of high quality medicine. So what ive read this strain will go from 80-90 days from sprout. Not sure the estimated yield, but i can low-ball it. Say i get 60 grams each plant. 60x4 = 240 = ~8.5 ounces. 8.5/3(grow time) = ~2.8 ounces per month, just shy of my goal. This is highly debatable i know.. Please comment if you have a bit of insight.

As Of 3/21:
The closet is setup for the most part, soil in pots ready for beans. Delivery to the states is taking around 7-8 days im guessing, since the order was just shipped today (day 6 since order). Once i have them i will be germing with the paper towel method and heat mat. Once taproots are shown, i will insert into those cheap peat pellets risen with RO water.

Questions: Nutrients
I am not very versed on using nutrients, and need someone to point me in the right direction. I see a lot of people using different brands, organic or not, 2 part system with added calmag, 5 part systems (i think for soiless) so on and so fourth. I want to keep this stupid simple(and cheap). With that in mind I was thinking the veg, bloom, calmag system is what i need. Ive read that my soil is hot so using 1/4 strength throughout is key (?) I really need some input on this since i really cant talk to anyone i know about this for security reasons. I will add pictures once i figure out whats wrong with my tablet. Any help would be a relief.

Sorry for poor photo quality.. had to use a throwback ipad :X Future photos will be better.
20000304_182019.jpg
20000304_182034.jpg

Last edited:
Hey @Luxx and welcome to AFN :pass:

From the info I've found your light runs 265w from the wall.

best-cheap-led-grow-light-yehsence-min.jpg

VEG option: For vegging, it draws 140 actual power and produces light waves between 430-660nm.

Bloom option: for bloom it draws 125 actual power and produces wave lengths between 430-740nm.

Good luck with the grow, plenty of us here to help :d5:

I love Ghost Toof, received some as a freebie, grew great and just ordered 20 more.

20!~ nice. was it a sweet smoke? :thumbsup:

Hey @Luxx and welcome to AFN :pass:

From the info I've found your light runs 265w from the wall.

VEG option: For vegging, it draws 140 actual power and produces light waves between 430-660nm.

Bloom option: for bloom it draws 125 actual power and produces wave lengths between 430-740nm.

Good luck with the grow, plenty of us here to help :d5:

Thanks for the warm welcome! So those numbers are kinda Greek to me. I know what the par value means. Light waves measured in nano meters? Not sure what that is. So in your opinion is this light sufficient enough for me? Should i get another? If i should, should i get a twin of that one or go with another brand? :baked:

20!~ nice. was it a sweet smoke? :thumbsup:

Thanks for the warm welcome! So those numbers are kinda Greek to me. I know what the par value means. Light waves measured in nano meters? Not sure what that is. So in your opinion is this light sufficient enough for me? Should i get another? If i should, should i get a twin of that one or go with another brand? :baked:

Sorry lol, just throwing the info out there. You'll be fine to get the grow done, although I would consider getting another panel for flowering. Given the closet size is ~15sqft ideally you want between 30-50w per sqft :cheers:

Sorry lol, just throwing the info out there. You'll be fine to get the grow done, although I would consider getting another panel for flowering. Given the closet size is ~15sqft ideally you want between 30-50w per sqft :cheers:

Good info... I think i will.. time to start shopping for one!

Beans are here. Germinating all five to hope for 4.
Still doing research on another light. I am leaning toward a 315 cmh in 1st , with a four autocob as number 2 and QBs as number 3.
Anyone else having issues with Mephistos site? I cant pull up strain info.

Beans are here. Germinating all five to hope for 4.
Still doing research on another light. I am leaning toward a 315 cmh in 1st , with a four autocob as number 2 and QBs as number 3.
Anyone else having issues with Mephistos site? I cant pull up strain info.

They're closed, and when they close or sell out of a strain, it's removed from view. Your best bet is to save the info for new additions and use the guide for the rest https://www.mephistogenetics.com/info/strainguide

Back