Green Dragon Tincture Question.

@Root @STIGGY I meant mixing directly into a bottle. Yesterday I tried mixing with olive oil, but oil and alcohol doesn't mix - it's like a water and oil. So no go. Any other options? Just want that is mixed in bottle, not then in coke/coffee or whatever. So I can put directly into mouth without additional mixing.

And Root, do you have recipe for hard candies and gelatine gummies? Maybe I try this too.
There is a way to infuse the alcohol tincture into oil using a double boiler
Figuring the strength of the final product can be tricky.If you start with equal amounts of oil to tincture the results should be close to waht you started with.

To infuse tincture in oil I have used a double boil, ( matal pan on top of pot of boiling water)
place oil and tincture in top metal heat pan and start to boil water.
As the oil heats up the alcohol will start to burn off ( Do not do on open flame gas stove and in well ventilated area alcohol is a vapor and will cause fire if exposed to open flame) you will start to see bubbling off of the alcohol at 1st the bubbles will be larger and as it reduces the bubbles will become tiny and almost come to a stop.(tiny bubbles on side)
That is when all alcohol is now evaporated off and only the infused oil remains.
I use coconut oil to do my transfers into.
This oil can be used as a tincture under the tongue or for making edies to use in place of oil in recipe.

ADDING THIS How to make a double Boiler

Last edited:
There is a way to infuse the alcohol tincture into oil using a double boiler
Figuring the strength of the final product can be tricky.If you start with equal amounts of oil to tincture the results should be close to waht you started with.

To infuse tincture in oil I have used a double boil, ( matal pan on top of pot of boiling water)
place oil and tincture in top metal heat pan and start to boil water.
As the oil heats up the alcohol will start to burn off ( Do not do on open flame gas stove and in well ventilated area alcohol is a vapor and will cause fire if exposed to open flame) you will start to see bubbling off of the alcohol at 1st the bubbles will be larger and as it reduces the bubbles will become tiny and almost come to a stop.(tiny bubbles on side)
That is when all alcohol is now evaporated off and only the infused oil remains.
I use coconut oil to do my transfers into.
This oil can be used as a tincture under the tongue or for making edies to use in place of oil in recipe.

ADDING THIS How to make a double Boiler

Could I use VG instead of oil?

Could I use VG instead of oil?
I have made VG where I placed decarbed chopped cannabis in a mason jar and covered it with VG and left in sit in cool dark area shaking every other day for 3 months ( not shaking everyday after a few weeks) but still once a week good shake.
After 3-4 months the VG will have absorbed the THC in the herb .
I used it by the tablespoon herb and all in tea,
It was a real sleepy time tea, but I used a Indica Dom starin to do so.
This method took a long time to do so I never did it again LOL
But I will say It Came out nice for relaxing tea.

I have made VG where I placed decarbed chopped cannabis in a mason jar and covered it with VG and left in sit in cool dark area shaking every other day for 3 months ( not shaking everyday after a few weeks) but still once a week good shake.
After 3-4 months the VG will have absorbed the THC in the herb .
I used it by the tablespoon herb and all in tea,
It was a real sleepy time tea, but I used a Indica Dom starin to do so.
This method took a long time to do so I never did it again LOL
But I will say It Came out nice for relaxing tea.
I’ve also done a VG tincture in a similar way but the THC extraction ratio is lower (30% ish I believe) than with an alcohol extraction.......in theory you could make a much stronger VG tincture using this method.

Hi BWM
Are you talking about making it from scratch or after you have an alcohol tincture already prepared?
To be honest, I am not very skilled in the use of VG ( Veg Glycerin) I have always used Everclear 190proof alchol to make tinctures and then transfer to oil in a double boiler
But I found this Link
https://www.southerncannabis.org/cooking-with-cannabis/cannabis-vegetable-glycerin/
Using an alcohol tincture and then use that to make a stronger VG tincture.......

Using an alcohol tincture and then use that to make a stronger VG tincture.......
That's a good question
If we can do that then maybe it could be used in vape carts as well
I have a friend who is my sensei on tinctures , a Master in fact.
I will ask him.

using eth to extract will be much more effective than using vg to extract.VG as the transport method may be more pleasant than eth as the transport.
i just been reminded that a normal green dragon tincture is reduced by approx half.i forgot myself and reduced by a quarter.starting alc 88% reduced by half 44% and 1/4 22% roughly.keep on reducing to a blob and you more or less have RSO i think.
:pighug:

skip the extraction process and add the extract directly to the vg 2 (2).JPG the bottom of any 4 part grinder decarb first though.:pass:
but then its not green dragon or green vg.as its not whole plant can it be considered full spectrum ? dont think so.
:pighug:

Back