Grow Room Grow closet sealing.

nomadJ

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi everyone , Im considering moving my grow into my closet . The concern for me is that the doors , like most closets , dont close with a seal.
What solutions have you guys worked with ?
Ive considered using the front panel of an old tent ( if i can find one ) and using hot glue and staples /velcro to fix in place. behind the existing doors
Im very interested to hear back from you all.
Happy growing !

Hi everyone , Im considering moving my grow into my closet . The concern for me is that the doors , like most closets , dont close with a seal.
What solutions have you guys worked with ?
Ive considered using the front panel of an old tent ( if i can find one ) and using hot glue and staples /velcro to fix in place. behind the existing doors
Im very interested to hear back from you all.
Happy growing !
I grow in a box and use a homemade velcro door, it works great.
As long as Thier is negative pressure it's good.
If I could of sorced an old tent door then I would of used that instead and joined it with staple gun & duct tape.
@DCLXVI what way did u do yours ?

I just put a towel rolled up at the bottom of the door. A good exhaust fan can pull outside air through the towel. A bit a cloth tacked around the door will make a seal.

For a hinged door, put weather stripping around it and a flexible sweep on the bottom

For a sliding door you could use the same. You will need the bumper, roller that mounts to the floor that keeps the bottom of the door from moving out. Gotta go to the Depot tomorrow and will try to find some and put up a link. Can't remember the name of the damn things

Last edited:
Weatherseal does not block light leaks good enough from my experience.

I purchased a black fabric door that also blocks light leaks for painting and so on.

You will have to seal it tight to make sure light leaks don’t get out but it’s the best thing I found.

Here you go

Amazon product

You can buy individual zips that you can stick on to some black and white sheeting or similar. Staple the sheeting and maybe put some silicone sealant to the inside of the wardrobe then you just cut the sheeting between the zip.

I'm hoping to do this sometime next year and will do a guide.

Back