Guano/EWC tea how-to

Flowering Tea

Thank you much bro !

I sure appreciate the help and effort and hopefully this will help others as well.

I think I will back off on the fish emulsion and guano and quit feeding that in another week or two like you said don't want to taste that.

Here I am kind of limited in my resources but do have some of the stuff you mentioned and will keep brewing with those.
also been trying some nettle and coconut juice along with aloe juice they seamed to like that.

My soil does not have any lime in it I wonder if it would be ok to add a pinch to my tea when its brewing so it aint so hot and I am going to take your advice and start using just a pinch of certain things as my teas they are too hot using a tablespoon in a gln of water I don't want to have to dilute if I don't have to,no sense in making more than I need.

Thanks again I appreciate you taking the time you have been a big help!

Last edited:
yeah no problem man. Id would stay away from the Lime for various reasons.But Id utilize it within your soil next time and you'll notice how drastically more comfy your grow will become.:Sharing One:

I get Espoma organic and it has lime in it, and never had a PH problem since

Epsoma What?Soil, nutes,Compost brew package?Lime can be used.But its far from necessary if used with a proper blend is all Im sayin.:Sharing One:
as a tea goes.but should always be used as a blending item with a mixed soil you do yourself.or buy with or whatever the case may be.there is a great link on liming agents here in organics.give it a look man.its puuurty good too.

Last edited:
What kind of pump do you use for 1 gallon Piggy? On the Microbe Organics site he says an aquarium pump is not enough for 5 gallons, but what if I'm only doing a gallon at a time?

Ok, so I think I was able to break it down a bit. My main problem is that where I am all the pumps are using a liters per hour measurement and the info I've read is in cubic feet per minute. So did a little googling and got that .08 CFM (the optimum air flow level according to microbeorganics.com) equals roughly 136 LPH and that is per each gallon of tea you're doing. Aquarium pumps I've seen range anywhere from 78-1200 LPH. If I'm only doing one gallon then as long as I get one above 136 LPH I should be fine. Unless I'm completely off base (which is entirely possible lol).

Any thoughts? I'm still interested in which pumps you all are using too.

I use a Aquarium Pump nothing large just Get a Large Aquastone ..

It doesnt need more that 48 hours..i like my around 24 hours the best

Whats The Soil Question again ?

What kind of pump do you use for 1 gallon Piggy? On the Microbe Organics site he says an aquarium pump is not enough for 5 gallons, but what if I'm only doing a gallon at a time?

I use the smallest pump they have at the hydro shop, which is the same $8 one you can get at wallmart. Microbe Organics likes to go full blast on everything and you'll definitely get better results with a high powered air pump, but the small ones work just fine on small batches. It's absolute BULLSHIT for him to say an aquarium pump doesn't work on a five gallon because I've used this tiny one and had wonderful results in five gallon batches.

I started this thread a long time ago and need to go through and fix a few things I've learned since the start. One is I definitely recommend omitting the liquid karma or any other liquid nutes. I read a peer reviewed article a year back (that for the life of me I can't find again, but was legit!) that humic acid has a place in tlo soil, but not in teas themselves. The whole point of a tea is to excite the microbe population and give them some food to process, not to make a liquid nutrient for the plant. So adding things like fish emulsion or liquid nutes just makes a nutrient solution, not a compost tea. Of course the plants will respond to both, but they may get confused along the way as to which program you are following.

Anyway, just dropping in real quick. I'm glad to see everyone is still interested in organics!

Back