Mephisto Genetics Height estimates, soil vs hydroponics

theres been a lot of developement and i don't know if you spotted my grows with the "pyramids" - that experience makes me wonder if it's just best exposure of roots to nutrients. Theres not soo much needed for huge plants.
I haven't made up my mind why exactly they work so well for me, but they do.
I feed those pyramids just like hydro with no run off - that simplifies a lot and gives me nice plants. They are just 26 cm high and that makes a lot of space left upwards. My "setup" is very flexible and others have done nicer.
Id never go back to pebbles or dwc, nor would i go coco (never did). I found the thing that makes life easy.
Not want to advertise, just want to show an alternative to look at. I am in no way affiliated with them - just in case someone thinks.
Just took a browse through the grow you completed in Dec. Very nice, thanks.

The hydro store doesn't carry the pyramids any more. I have been investing in the hydro setup, so I think I will continue to tweak that and get the nutes right.

Getting the pump today, I will use the drying time to assemble and adjust that, then start my seeds as soon as the tent is available.

Grodan rockwool would be another good option. Comes in all different sizes and retains moisture very well.
I've been thinking about switching from coco to rockwool kinda because of the runoff and to save some $ on nutes. Can I recirculate the runoff with rockwool? I know I can't with coco because of the cation exchange :pass:

I've been thinking about switching from coco to rockwool kinda because of the runoff and to save some $ on nutes. Can I recirculate the runoff with rockwool? I know I can't with coco because of the cation exchange :pass:
I recirculate both coco and rockwool and never had a problem.
Here are a few of my DIY recirculating hydo units I’ve rigged up over the years.

Coco and Rockwool
1704586373940.jpeg

1704586295574.jpeg

Coco
1704589477652.jpeg

1704586773908.jpeg

1704586652654.jpeg

Rockwool and coco
1704587613512.jpeg
1704586973223.jpeg
1704587052532.jpeg

Rockwool
1704587847583.jpeg
1704587465794.jpeg
1704587490463.jpeg
1704587514293.jpeg

Rockwool
1704587781972.jpeg
1704587240964.jpeg
1704587310471.jpeg

Do you need to supplement anything extra with coco? Calmag? Just regular rez changes? It would be nice to not have to feed my lawn 2 gallons of runoff everyday...

Do you need to supplement anything extra with coco? Calmag? Just regular rez changes? It would be nice to not have to feed my lawn 2 gallons of runoff everyday...
If you are thinking of trying coco, spend some time on Cocoforcannabis.com, the guys that run the site know their stuff. :pighug:

I am finishing my second ever hydro grow with clones and they grew faster and stretched more than the same strains did in dirt. I can't be sure they are from the same moms as before but I can say after harvest and cure that the Pink Kush is identical in every other way.

Is this going to be the case with my Strawberry Nugget Autos? The stated height is 60cm. Should I plan for more?
From what I've been reading, a plant which has been cloned for the first time, needs to be ran a couple of times. Just to make sure it will perform ok. This got something todo with some plants having a larger percentage Sativa in them which would make them need a longer veg time for them to be mature enough to start flowering.
If you want to run clones from a mother you must have grown her out start-to-finish. If you take enough clones from her before you flip there's no need to reveg her, but by doing so could give you a better clonemother than having to grow one out from one of the clones. That's up to you.

Got the pump, waiting for a timer that can be on for 20 seconds, twice per hour.

I am sticking with the continuous drip recirculating system with hydroton. The one change is rather than rootriot or jiffy plugs, I will use rockwool starting cubes.

Now, with 5 gal buckets the base of plants will be 15 inches from the floor, leaving me enouph room for up to 4' tall plants. With training that should be fine.

I still wonder if I really need 5 gal buckets for autoflowers....

The Death Bubba have cured for 6 weeks now, and are tasting pretty good.
Despite the problems, I got 7oz of Bud.

The strain gives 22 to 27 percent THC. I I'm not a master grower so I am assuming 22%

This is heavy, narcotic weed that hits hard. No pain, sleepy, but opiate-like in that it is dizzying at times.

The strawberry nuggets are 5 1\2 weeks old and vigorous. Another ~6 weeks!

Back