Help with 1st grow please

blowdonblow

New User
Reaction score
Hello friends

I've just started my very 1st grow 2 weeks ago, I'd be very grateful if a good soul could help me out determining the issues with my plants. Here are the conditions.

I am outdoors from seeds, 2 Auto Royal Jack and 2 Auto Royal AK from Royal Queen Seeds. They get around 8 hours of direct sunlight daily, temps are at 20°-25°C during day, can get as low as 10-11°C at night.

My soil is Biobizz Light mix with 15% perlite and 10% vermiculite added, put in fabric pots. I water them with collected (un-PHd) rain water, about 600ml every 2-3 days (trying to wait until the soil gets dry)

We are at day 17 post-germination, I gave them a small dose (1ml/L) of BioBizz Biogrow for the 1st time at day 14 with a little BioBizz BioHeaven added in.

Here are the problems that I am seeing - it's only affecting 2/4 plants:

A bit of a brownish/rusty trail/spot on of of the bottom leaves

20220601_190027.jpg

A new leaf is developping curled up/twisted upside down

20220601_190154.jpg

2 leaves show white spots and are also showing burn sign on their edges

20220601_190039.jpg

20220601_190127.jpg

Would an expert be so kind to chime in?

I want to say that I am fairly happy up to now for a very first try, but I wouldn't want to ruin everything if I can help it, so any advice/critique from this good community would be very welcome indeed.

@blowdonblow:welcome:Welcome to AFN:welcome:.

I think that is a leaf miner insect on the top and bottom pics the others could be a host of things. You should be feeding off a chart and follow it at about 60% for autoflowering plants.

Here is one that has worked well in the past.

They suggest other stuff in the light-Mix?

Bio Bizz Light mix.jpg

This is why you need all of the stuff in a chart.

:goodluck:

:doh: Oh duh. I missed it first time through. It is too cold at night and barely warm enough during the day. Ideal temperatures are 20°C/68°F night and 26°C/78°F. Plants do survive temps like yours but they don't thrive.

:doh: Oh duh. I missed it first time through. It is too cold at night and barely warm enough during the day. Ideal temperatures are 20°C/68°F night and 26°C/78°F. Plants do survive temps like yours but they don't thrive.

Thank you kindly for that, I'll look through the forums to concoct something for pest control, definitely something I overlooked. I have the Biobizz chart with me and been trying to follow it with 50% recommended dosage, I don't have their full range of fertilizers though. There's not much I can do about the temps (am in Northern Europe where summer weather can be iffy at times) but I'll at least look to move the pots inside during the night. Thanks again for your time!

I spotted something that i relate to low humidity, (rh%). But that was on her first leafs and after that she looks okey to me. It’s is hard to get all the variables right the first time without having someone telling you what to do or leading the way, but you are doing great buddy.:d5:

Back