Grow Mediums HemiSync's Autopot grow w/Fast Buds LSD-25 using coco/perlite & LED

Hey Hemi, how'd they turn out? I find mine to be very tasty, but lack in potency. I believe it to be something I effed up along the way. I really only have Mephisto stash to compare to, but it's definitely lacking in the buzz dept.
How long did you let your LSD grow? Mine did go almost 100 days for a 70 day strain. I waited for the trichomes to go 50% amber, because I wanted some good sleeping meds. I only cut them when I did because I wanted to get in the Fast Buds contest.

I find mine to be very crystalline in structure. I swear your can hear the trichomes grinding in the grinder. I have a five piece grinder which has your normal chamber on top and kief chamber on bottom. But it also has another chamber with different size screen than the others in the middle. Nothing from the LSD gets caught in the middle chamber, and most gets stuck in the top chamber because it is so sticky it just clumps together even after being ground up.

As for taste, on the initial inhale it is a very earthy, deep, and robust flavor. Although, on the exhale, especially the second half of the exhale you get the distinct flavor of Lebanese blond hash. Completely different from the inhale. Has a little bite to it but I attribute that to the cure not being complete and that hash quality to the smoke. Try to hold it to long and you might choke on it.

The Fast Buds LSD-25 has an almost sativa quality to its mostly indica gene pool. When first smoked I have increased energy and can become very task oriented, but sit still for twenty minutes and you might find yourself watching movies on the inside of you eyelids. I did not find it lacking in the buzz department at all and actually broke through some of the tolerance issues I was having from smoking last years harvest for the last five months.

BTW, this smoke report was written while smoking the LSD-25. :rofl: I'm not sure that's something I should be bragging about. Also, this has not cured properly yet, at least another month before I can taste that change.
I need to get off my butt now or risk drifting off to lala land. :pass:

Hey Hemi, how'd they turn out? I find mine to be very tasty, but lack in potency. I believe it to be something I effed up along the way. I really only have Mephisto stash to compare to, but it's definitely lacking in the buzz dept.

Bro you cant compare other smoke to mephisto.i have some mephisto grapey walter aka "scary walter" that some of my friends wont smoke anymore because they say its to strong hahahahaha

How long did you let your LSD grow? Mine did go almost 100 days for a 70 day strain. I waited for the trichomes to go 50% amber, because I wanted some good sleeping meds. I only cut them when I did because I wanted to get in the Fast Buds contest.

I find mine to be very crystalline in structure. I swear your can hear the trichomes grinding in the grinder. I have a five piece grinder which has your normal chamber on top and kief chamber on bottom. But it also has another chamber with different size screen than the others in the middle. Nothing from the LSD gets caught in the middle chamber, and most gets stuck in the top chamber because it is so sticky it just clumps together even after being ground up.

As for taste, on the initial inhale it is a very earthy, deep, and robust flavor. Although, on the exhale, especially the second half of the exhale you get the distinct flavor of Lebanese blond hash. Completely different from the inhale. Has a little bite to it but I attribute that to the cure not being complete and that hash quality to the smoke. Try to hold it to long and you might choke on it.

The Fast Buds LSD-25 has an almost sativa quality to its mostly indica gene pool. When first smoked I have increased energy and can become very task oriented, but sit still for twenty minutes and you might find yourself watching movies on the inside of you eyelids. I did not find it lacking in the buzz department at all and actually broke through some of the tolerance issues I was having from smoking last years harvest for the last five months.

BTW, this smoke report was written while smoking the LSD-25. :rofl: I'm not sure that's something I should be bragging about. Also, this has not cured properly yet, at least another month before I can taste that change.
I need to get off my butt now or risk drifting off to lala land. :pass:

Nice report bro, sounds like i defo effed up mine. Took them around 80 days and 1 started throwing nanners, so I chopped. It's real nice smoke, just doesn't crush me like others.

Bro you cant compare other smoke to mephisto.i have some mephisto grapey walter aka "scary walter" that some of my friends wont smoke anymore because they say its to strong hahahahaha

Ya man, I got some Grapey Walts that I smoke at night when my tolerance is up, it is a heavy stone. Mephisto's are upper eshe.

Nice report bro, sounds like i defo effed up mine. Took them around 80 days and 1 started throwing nanners, so I chopped. It's real nice smoke, just doesn't crush me like others.
I don't think you effed them up, you just dealt with the situation you were presented. Your girls were throwing nanners, while mine were throwing foxtails, I would have cut them as well. Unfortunately, autos still aren't perfect and I have had some weird grows depending on the genetics so you do have to expect the odd one once in a while. That's the only thing I miss about photos is the genetic stability, but autos are catching up fast.

I might have to look into this Grapey Walter, because nothing really crushes me anymore, it's just a background buzz most of the time. I hate taking tolerance breaks, but really think I need to start. :rofl:

Nothing wrong with having some mild smoke, there is a time and place for it. And it does have a different trippy effect, just mild on the dome.
The Grapey's were an illuminauto, so you may not be able to aquire it, sold out. Grape Crinkle is a parent of it, but I think they are out of stock right now. Every Mephisto I've grown so far has been top notch, so you really can't go wrong with them.

Nothing wrong with having some mild smoke, there is a time and place for it. And it does have a different trippy effect, just mild on the dome.
The Grapey's were an illuminauto, so you may not be able to aquire it, sold out. Grape Crinkle is a parent of it, but I think they are out of stock right now. Every Mephisto I've grown so far has been top notch, so you really can't go wrong with them.
Good to know although, I have sworn to myself I'm not purchasing anymore genetics for a while ( Yeah, right):rofl:. Through my purchases, some contests wins, and some seed sharing with other breeders my personal seed bank has gotten a little out of hand. You know it's getting bad when you start tracking your collection with an excel spreadsheet and have to reserve room in the fridge for them all. I guess I could grow more, but prefer to keep my plant count to four or less.

Forgot to close out this grow with some numbers.

Final numbers after drying and curing was:
Sunshine 80g
Berkeley 120g

And I know for sure we smoked and baked at least 10 grams before we even finished trimming it. A little over 7oz total. Any time I can get close to 1/2lb off two ladies I'm happy. I'm sure as I get these autopots dialed in and are use some larger genetics I could probably fill a 3x3 with one plant with these things.

Any questions or comments don't hesitate to ask and please join my for my new grow located here

Small update for now. I mixed up my GH Coco and perlite and immediately wished I hadn't. I did not test either to see if they might effect the EC/PPM. So I grabbed 5 gallons from my rain barrel, usually has an EC of less than 0.01, and using a sprayer sprayed my mix down right in the pots. Glad I did because the intial runoff was 1.6 EC or 800 ppm. After about 4 gallons of water the runoff got down to a about .2 EC and was happy with that. Later on I will check the perlite and coco separately to see which one was the problem.

I let it all sit draining for 24 hours and then added about 1.5 liters with cal/mag and voodoo at 1 ml/l. The beans were popped in a paper towel and about half an inch long so into the pots they went. Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the sprouts. I always get a little paranoid once I open the paper towel and just wanted to get them in the pots

Not much to see but here they are all setup and ready to go I have some more tubing coming next week and will hook up the reservoir then. I did turn the air pump on just for giggles being a former DWC lover I don't think a little extra air can hurt in the root zone. Cut in half 1 liter bottles for humidity domes View attachment 653916 View attachment 653917 View attachment 653918
Nice Freakin Set-up brother man :cheers:

Thanks for subbing in, the support, and the rep slap! I will always remember you as my first. :yay:

I really should avoid the temptation to experiment for my first run with these things, but once I see how I handle these autopots I will try things like airdomes on from day one compared to the same strain with it off. With another reservoir it will be easy to try out different nutrients and additives. Like I want to eventually try having a grow with nothing but FloraNova Bloom and cal/mag with no pH or EC checks because I have a friend that wants to grow but I know her, she won't be into meters and calculations and I want to get her making her own meds. So with her the kiss method will be the best, but being this is my first run with both Autopots and FastBuds LSD-25 so I should take my own advice and KISS.
Maybe she could use the lucas formula.. pretty straight forward all the way through :pass:

Back