Hermie, Male or Female Gorilla Glue

dereliktdrmz

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi Good mornin all
While i'm not an entirely new grower or my first time grow more i would still say i'm inexperienced and i have actually never seen a plant growing like the one i have currently.
It seems to be growing only vertically and its week 4 going on week 5 and still no sign of flowering or mini bud sites, in fact it doesn't seem to have branches like a normal plant at all. It has already bypassed in height my other Sour Diesel auto which is about ready to harvest.
The seeds were labelled as Auto Gorilla Glue and obtained from MSNL and i've never had problem before with any other of their seeds but this is my first time Gorilla Glue grow but from diaries online my plant still seem weird looking.
I'm thinking its male but unsure can anyone help or say if they experienced similar.
IMG_6260.jpg
IMG_6261.jpg
IMG_6262.jpg

The autoflower gene might not be carrying through on it. Could try dropping to 12/12 to induce flowering.

The autoflower gene might not be carrying through on it. Could try dropping to 12/12 to induce flowering.
ok i actually read that somewhere and tried it this week for a day not sure if it worked though. Do i have to do it everyday or just for a week or so or entire remaining lifetime of the plant.
Also not sure if you notice but the leaves look weird!

Looks like it may be a bit overwatered? I agree about flipping to 12/12.

Looks like it may be a bit overwatered? I agree about flipping to 12/12.
How long should i flip it to 12/12 for you suggest?
This plant behaves very weirdly, when it is bone dry as in entire pot feels like feather is the only times leaves look healthy or when i put it in the dark when i was trying 12/12.
Not only that she drinks more water, i.e. dries out faster, than the flowering plant right next to it and both are exact same in terms of pot size, medium, conditions, etc. Its a 3 Gal pot and i give roughly 1L or so water every 3 days or so, this plant consumes that in less than 2 days.

You would need to put her on 12/12 until harvest. I'd wait till your auto is finished personally.

Some plants don't do much by way of lateral branching. What are you feeding? How much and how often? What medium? Let me find you an intake form. But as far as the not flowering 12/12 is most likely the answer.

Please fill in this form: (copy and paste part is below, this first one tell what specifically to include)

-Problem: (brief description)
-Medium/grow method: soil; soilless-- coco, or peat based like Promix, etc. (please provide the actual product name); DWC, NFT, etc.
-Feed and supplements used: include brand, dosage/strength, frequency of feeding and watering (alone); method-- by hand, drippers, rercirc' or drain-to-waste,... N-P-K #'s too if you can!
-Water source: RO/DI; tap- dechlorinated-?..... EC or TDS reading; pH (don't bother with this on RO/DI, do bother with TDS/EC though to confirm it's working well enough)
-Strain and age
-Climate:
night and day ambient T and RH%; res' temperatures; any extremes in T/RH% exposure
- Light used: HID, LED, COB, combo of,... wattage; light cycle hours (20/4, 18/6 , etc.); distance to tops....
-Additional info: How long have the plants been affected?...How fast did symptoms appear?... Anything else you think might be relevant..

--Pictures including WHOLE PLANT PICS, and troubled leaves.. use normal light or flash as other light sources ruin color rendering, critical for diagnostics!

✂ - - - - - - - - - - -
(copy and paste)-->

Problem:

Medium/grow method:

Feed: and supplements used:

water source:

Strain/age:

light used:

Climate:

Additional info:

Problem: Plant only growing vertically and doesn't seem to be flowering

Medium/grow method: Sungro Sunshine Mix #4 - extra perlite was added for more drainage

Feed: and supplements used: Fox Farms Trio, only fed twice GB & BB @ 25% and 50% strengths, i.e 7.5ml GB Total,10ml BB Total so far. Water, water, feed is the watering schedule, no feeding in first 2 weeks or germination week.

water source: Tap - TDS ranges from 80-180, i sometimes run the tap to get it closer to 80 but more often than not its around 150.

Strain/age: MSNL Auto Gorilla Glue 4-5 weeks old

light used:ViparSpectra XS1500, 18/6 light schedule, 16' from top

Climate: Day temps - 24-29, night temps 21-24, RH 45-70, i use an AC to semi control the climate as i live in a very hot climate hence the variations

Additional info:
Its growing rapidly upwards an even outpaced my other plant which is mature. I keep having to raise the light to keep it safely away an may not have room in my tent for it much longer. The leaves seem to droop with watering and the plant only seems to like very arid conditions.

Color looks ok, looks like something down near the bottom of the plant (lateral growth?).....you might have got a photo seed or an auto that hasn't got much auto left,....12/12 is the best I can come up with.
Live in Fla. know what you mean about heat.....

Last edited:
Back