budelee

Colorado Legal Babeeee!!!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
a Little Dab 'll Do Ya.ask Elvis !!
Hey guys, this is the communal test thread for Hopper Labs Grasshopper Vaporizer!

We'd like to thank @Hopper Labs for the chance to test out their product and we've just started receiving the vapes this week!

The testing group will be made up of @Son of Hobbes , @Duggy , @budelee , and @Mossy .

We'll be bringing you unboxing pics, what's inside, and a 6 month product experience using their vape! Should be awesome and I can tell you right now (received mine yesterday,) this is one cool little unit lol! Updates coming very soon!

---------------------

Hi guys, First things First..A HUGE Thank You to Trevor,Matt,Caroline,Nicole and the rest of the crew at @Hopper Labs for making this test possible...This is the official "unboxing" of the kit.... I am thoroughly impressed with the kit,It has a nice presentation,is boxed nicely and all parts were secured and not bouncing around inside the box
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
the Grasshopper box was opened and all parts layed out for inspection and picture purposes
image.jpeg
the kit does include 2, count em,2 batteries!! Since this is my first vape,i dont know what other companies do,but I consider this above and beyond because Hopper knows that people will be on the move and one battery can charge while the sess continues...The pic shows everything that comes with the kit which (minus the herb) is everything you will need,and all in a portable sturdy case!! The manual says the unit comes charged...sooo,i will take a quick break while i get the grinder-a-grindin!!! More in a few minutes

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i wrote up the first post and forgot to make it Live!!! Talk about a stoner moment....that gave me time to get my ihop breakfast sampler meal together..a little of this,a lot of that...dayymmmm.. Okay so...the Hopper crew does include a "stash jar" which i will be using,but i did create a mix of bud to try....we now be on the way to the smoke room for a "Grand Opening":superhero:Excelsior !!!
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Having one, I think you will quickly see 2 [or more, I have 4] batteries are needed because you'll be burning through them relatively quickly. That's just the nature of this vape. Having multiple batteries is not meant to support, as you cited, charging a battery while the other is in use. As in the instructions, the only official charger is the vape itself (connected by supplied cable to a USB port/outlet). You can use the vape while its charging, but you can't use a 3rd-party battery charger. You'll likely be charging batteries in the unit during its downtime. Their custom-made batteries are only $7 each, cheap.

The Grasshoppers work extraordinarily well as nearly pure convection vaporizers, with convection vaporizers (stuff heated by heated air) better in my view than conduction (stuff baked in a vented chamber). There are few worthy portable vaporizers as pure convection and none as powerful as this.

Hopefully, soon enough budelee will give us first responses after trying it out.

Sooo,the chamber was filled with Skywalker Kush,not hard packed..i set the temp at the middle setting or 170C ..which should be about 338F... Click the button,it heats in just a couple of seconds...first draw was a clean rosin taste. Surprisingly the second and third draw still had a clean taste..I moved the temp up another 20c and took a long draw :shooty:.It did start to warm up the mouthpiece a bit at this point,and the flowers started to lose a bit of flavor.I added the silicon cover,turned it all the way up and gave it one last heavy draw :amazon:and called that cashed.The vape thing is new to me,so i dont have a comparison....I did get the Stainless model and it is a solid unit,not by any means heavy,just solid...I will have another report tomorrow with a different strain and more observations and comments about the Grasshopper...stay tuned!!:thumbsup::woohoo1::eyebrows:

:headbang: Shweeeeeet!! :d5: Nice unveiling Bud-E, that's a fine starter pack you have there! How much did you put into the chamber? Pics man, pics! .... how did you like the vap'ing? I've tried the Pax II, and it's a nice unit but needs some practice to get the best out of it,... I dislike the draw ergonomics of it though, and the resistance to flow... makes for some hot spots when drawing sometimes, but that's hard to avoid with such a short distance on any portable vap',... how did your's feel?

:headbang: Shweeeeeet!! :d5: Nice unveiling Bud-E, that's a fine starter pack you have there! How much did you put into the chamber? Pics man, pics! .... how did you like the vap'ing? I've tried the Pax II, and it's a nice unit but needs some practice to get the best out of it,... I dislike the draw ergonomics of it though, and the resistance to flow... makes for some hot spots when drawing sometimes, but that's hard to avoid with such a short distance on any portable vap',... how did your's feel?
Good morning @Waira ,you know pics will follow !! After grinding up my sampler pack and heading out to rhe schmoke room,I filled the chamber by putting the herb in at about a medium pack consitency,not loose and not hard packed,yes you are right,it will take a few sesh'es to get things dialed in for best results. Since im a noob to the herb vape scene and this was my first time/only with a convection unit I can say the flavor is like nothing else.I may have ran the heat to high on the first run but i will have the fun of getting to dial it in..the draw did not produce a monster cloud of vapor and i dont know that its supposed to,this did not cause a buzzkill tho. I felt like a kid at christmas when opening it..the kit does come with an alternate mouthpiece which i will try tonight...more updates soon..Thanks Waira,for stopping by!!

Yes i am..dangit hobbes i moved my posts to the communal and the overrode the first post..im high but not stoned whaddi do wrong??

You didn't do anything wrong, when you move threads it goes by time stamp of when the posts were made, and since you made those yesterday and this is a brand new thread I made today, your posts take precedent. :hump: All good man. Check this out, quick edit to your first post and we're good!

Back