• More than 100 ppm / 0.2 EC

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

elcoloan

Still learning a lot!
Cultivators Club
Nov 1, 2018
Currently Smoking
VAPING: Go-Go Auto, Bloody Skunk Auto, Cream Mandarine Auto, Deez Nugs, 24Caratx3BOG, amazingly-tasty-unkown-strain
Hello friends. Got a question for GL users or whoever knows about this. Any input is welcomed.

I still have plenty of MC v1 left and trying to use it up. I grow under LEDs in coco (hempy buckets or autopots).
I have used MC1 mostly with photos adding around 50 ppms (0.1EC) of Cal Mag Pro, but now I'm started growing autos. I'm adding the same amount of CMP for my auto's feed, but I noticed GL's supplement feeding calculator recommends using 100 ppms (0.2 EC) of CMP. I saw @Mañ'O'Green recently recommended to someone a max. of 50 ppms of cal-mag supplements with the new formula of MC if needed, so I'm wondering If I should increase my dose of CMP since I'm still on the v1 of MC.
I don't think my auto is showing any related deficiencies, but I've stunted her already with transplanting mistakes and low temps, so I'd love to avoid any further issues if i can. Her current feed is 323-350 ppms mc1 + 56 cmp (0.5 conversion).

This is the auto i have right now:
20200217-083016.jpg

20200217-083052.jpg

20200217-083225.jpg

Good question, I will be interested to see responses from experienced growers.

Your lady looks healthy now, no further cal mag needed at this point. :biggrin:

Good luck. :goodluck:

Reactions: elcoloan
I've been using MC1 since I have a big bag in just plain coco in the autopot system. I was giving from start to finish Oilycan Calmag at 2mls per gallon and now have recently switched to the Greenleafs dry calmag using it at 1.5 - 2 grams per gallon.

Reactions: Dabber and elcoloan
Here are the labels from the different MC blends so you can see what changed:

megacrop1.jpg

megacrop2.jpg

megacrop2.1.jpg

Reactions: Flippr and elcoloan
Your lady looks healthy now, no further cal mag needed at this point. :biggrin:

Good luck. :goodluck:

Thank you! I planed to maintain the same cal-mag level, but seeing bushmasterar15 and Machamillion's responses, I might just slowly increase the CMP dose from 50 ppm to 100 ppm and see how she takes it, or seeing Mañ'O'Green's response I might just add some more Mag and S with Epsom salts that i have around.

I've been using MC1 since I have a big bag in just plain coco in the autopot system. I was giving from start to finish Oilycan Calmag at 2mls per gallon and now have recently switched to the Greenleafs dry calmag using it at 1.5 - 2 grams per gallon.
I have found using mc1 it really depends on the strains. I usually add 1.5 grams CMP a gallon every second feed on indica dominant strains.

Thanks for the fast responses. 1.5 g/gal = 100 ppms / 0.2 EC, so i will start increasing the dose this week.

Here are the labels from the different MC blends so you can see what changed:

View attachment 1159995

View attachment 1159997

View attachment 1159996

So based on what I see on those % I guess I could just increase the missing Mg and S with Epsom salts. Maybe keep the CMP at 50 ppms and add 50 ppm more with the salts instead of just increasing the CMP to 100 ppm? Anyways, great info, thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: Machamillion