New Grower Back at it with Coco: Night Owl, Mephisto, Twenty20, Berserker

proustdreams

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Back on AF after successfully completing my first grow last year. Thanks to all the members on this site for helping me, I wouldn't have been able to do it without everyone's contributions.

I'll be growing 6 different strains for this run:
Night Owl: Queen's Banner
Mephisto: (CDLCxSS)xCDLC Freebie
Fugue State
Twenty20Mendocino: Durban Sunrise
Berserker Genetics: Grape Dosi Breath x Dark Jedi
Bruce Banner 3 x Marathon OG

My medium will be coco once again, this time I'm using Canna Coco bricks.

My nute schedule is shamelessly stolen from @Mañ'O'Green 's Dyna-Gro schedule diluted to 50% and it has served me well for my past grow. Can't thank him enough for the knowledge he provides, if you're a new grower like myself check out his posts, he's a goldmine of knowledge.

I overcomplicated my first grow and I learned to keep things simpler. For germination I soaked the seeds overnight in the same hydrogen peroxide to water ratio I did for my first run. After that I popped them into AC Infinity fabric nursery pots. I could have popped them into their final 2 and 3 gallon pots, but I am still not confident about watering seedlings in large pots. For the coco, I hydrated the Canna bricks with 2 ml/gallon of Dyna-Gro Pro-tekt Silica, 3 ml/gal cal-mag, and a 1/2 tsp per gallon of Mikrob - Microbial pack I had from my last run. The environment in my tent has been a consistent low to mid 70's and 60-65% humidity.

On May 17th all the plants had popped out of the coco.
IMG_0939.jpeg

here they are 13 days old
IMG_1045.jpeg

And here they are today on 6/6/2023. 21 days old.
Top row, left to right: BB3xMOG, Durban Sunrise, and Queen’s Banner
Bottom row, left to right: GDPxDark Jedi, (CDLCxSS)xCDLC, Fugue State
IMG_1113.jpeg

I’m on a 24/0 schedule, for no other reason than I can’t find my timer. All these girls have been bottom fed since the day they were transferred on day 14. I typically PH my feed at 5.5-5.6 as the Ph will drift up to 6.0ish. Lastly, DLI is 38ish.

Last edited:
Day 39
A little update. Right now I’m feeding the plants 50% veg 50% bloom nutes. I had to buy a new 4x2 because there was zero chance all 6 plants would have fit in the 4x4.
The fugue state is about eye level with me (I’m 5’10) and its leaves have been getting fried because it’s so close to the lights. I should super crop but I’ve been lazy. No LST or topping either. Just moderate defoliation and a conservative lollipopping.

The canopy: fugue state top left. Durban top right. Queens banner bot left and the (CDLC x SS )x CDLC bot right.

IMG_1264.jpeg

IMG_1263.jpeg

The CDLCxSSxCDLC
IMG_1233.jpeg

Queens banner below
IMG_1234.jpeg

Last edited:
I love me some DynaGro lol. I am down.:pop:
Did you know that Superthrive bought DynaGro. It's now called Superthrive Grow. Hopefully they don't mess with the mix or try to water it down.

I love me some DynaGro lol. I am down.:pop:
Did you know that Superthrive bought DynaGro. It's now called Superthrive Grow. Hopefully they don't mess with the mix or try to water it down.
I just noticed the other week! I may switch nutes to canna coco but things are working well for me right now so I haven’t done it yet. Btw I remember you had one of the most epic first grow threads I’ve ever seen - and now you’re casually pulling 1lb plants lmao - you’re a beast of a grower bro.

I’ve been eyeing that blue spray shoes remix for a while now.and I’m so tempted after looking through your thread.

I just noticed the other week! I may switch nutes to canna coco but things are working well for me right now so I haven’t done it yet. Btw I remember you had one of the most epic first grow threads I’ve ever seen - and now you’re casually pulling 1lb plants lmao - you’re a beast of a grower bro.

I’ve been eyeing that blue spray shoes remix for a while now.and I’m so tempted after looking through your thread.
Wow I really appreciate that. Your gonna make me blush. :vibes: :worship:
The Blue Sprayed Shoe's remix is really nice. It smokes great in a joint and yields great in my rosin press. I press one 8th and I get a gram of flower rosin.

Day 54
Based on my experiences from my last grow, I did not expect my plants to get this large. I had to raise my lights so that they’re directly attached to the hangers on my 80 inch tent. I'm feeding them ~500ppm of Dyna-Gro Bloom and Mag-Pro nutes at the moment along with CaliMagic, and occasionally Pro-Tekt silica which I only use at this point as my PH up.

I sort of have the feeling I'm doing something wrong that's causing this excess stretch. I don't think it's the light intensity, since I have been pretty attentive to my DLI. Perhaps my environment is too hot? It gets close to 80 F on some days. The humidity is consistently around 65-70%. Or maybe everything is going well and they're just going to be massive plants. *Shrugs* We'll see.

I had to get a new 4x2 tent because the plants quickly outgrew my tent. I don't know why I thought I could fit 6 plants into a 4x4. The plants are under sub-optimal lighting because my 400 watt bar light is in my 4x4, and my 200 watt board lights are in my 4x2.

DLI is about 60 at the top of the canopy in my 4x4, but I can't really do much about it. The lights are on the second lowest setting at 40% intensity and the tops of my plants are just too close to lights for me to make big adjustments. I can't raise the lights any higher up and I already had to move my carbon filter outside of my tent.

The 2 Berserker plants - BB3xMOG and GDBxDJ, and the Twenty20 Durban Sunrise are all a little slower to develop. They just seem to be nearing the end of their stretch (thankfully). I'm anticipating that those three are going to be ~100 or 100+ day plants. Hopefully they'll be finished before my vacation on August 25th.

This was a super low maintenance grow and bottom watering makes everything so much easier. If all goes well, I’ll write up a detailed account of exactly what I did to serve as a guide of sorts for others.

Fugue State. 60 plus inches tall…after I super cropped it.
IMG_1402.jpeg

Queens Banner ~53 inches tall
IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1409.jpeg

Berserker GDBxDark Jedi - 2 gallon pot
I took this photo yesterday, and you can sort of see that it's distinctly shorter than the Fugue State. Well...I checked this afternoon and its now about the exact same height as the Fugue State.
IMG_1407.jpeg

(CDLCxSS)xCDLC last week when I measured her, she was about 44 inches tall.
IMG_1404.jpeg

IMG_1411.jpeg

Fugue state bud

IMG_1377.jpeg

berserker BB3xMarathon on the left. I dropped a fan on her last week and a few of her branches had to go. Twenty 20 Durban Sunrise on the right. Both had to be super cropped to fit inside my new 60 inch tall 4x2
IMG_1382.jpeg

Last edited:
I had good luck with Dyna-Gro in a coupe early runs. I ended up switching to Jacks for ease of storage and less bottles to mix. Good stuff though. Especially that Pro-Tekt. I still use that, and in the same way you do, as a pH buffer. It's tricky having to add it in first but once you know how much you can hit your pH almost everytime. Plus, it seems to hold the same pH without much drift for nearly a week. Not bad!

I hope those stems are strong. Once those buds start packing on the mass I bet those branches start flopping about.

I had good luck with Dyna-Gro in a coupe early runs. I ended up switching to Jacks for ease of storage and less bottles to mix. Good stuff though. Especially that Pro-Tekt. I still use that, and in the same way you do, as a pH buffer. It's tricky having to add it in first but once you know how much you can hit your pH almost everytime. Plus, it seems to hold the same pH without much drift for nearly a week. Not bad!

I hope those stems are strong. Once those buds start packing on the mass I bet those branches start flopping about.
I’d be down to try some powdered nutes. How has Jacks been with ph stability?

Back