New Grower How to keep dem alligators from eating up the seed?

Reaction score
Hi AFN,

I'm a total nube to homegrowing and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. I'm down here in good ole south Louisiana so I'm not real sure how/when to plant with the weather down here. I've got some auto fem caramelicious and some regular northern lights seeds en route. I think I'm getting a late start here but might be alright with our mild winters idk?

Just to get a picture of what I'm dealing with, this week is between 90-100 degrees at least 50% precip everyday and humidity is 60-70%. This will last well into September, usually don't see fall until Octoberish.

So my thoughts are to plant some of the autos now and just grow them inside, and put the other autos and northers in the ground outside so that I'm harvesting around about Halloween.

Does that sound like a good plan? Can I grow all outside now instead and see similar and/or better results? I'd rather not have plants in the house but am worried about elements. If you were in my position what would you suggest?

Thanks ahead for any advice you can offer,

"HOT BOUDIN, COLD COUCHE-COUCHE....."

Hi AFN,

I'm a total nube to homegrowing and was hoping to get some advice from the experts. I'm down here in good ole south Louisiana so I'm not real sure how/when to plant with the weather down here. I've got some auto fem caramelicious and some regular northern lights seeds en route. I think I'm getting a late start here but might be alright with our mild winters idk?

Just to get a picture of what I'm dealing with, this week is between 90-100 degrees at least 50% precip everyday and humidity is 60-70%. This will last well into September, usually don't see fall until Octoberish.

So my thoughts are to plant some of the autos now and just grow them inside, and put the other autos and northers in the ground outside so that I'm harvesting around about Halloween.

Does that sound like a good plan? Can I grow all outside now instead and see similar and/or better results? I'd rather not have plants in the house but am worried about elements. If you were in my position what would you suggest?

Jee, that's hot, I'd melt away... I'm new to growing, but would have thought the autos would do better outdoors than the regular. Do you have indoor growing lights? I'm doing northern lights auto indoors and they smell amazin

Hi AFN,

I was Born in Orange Tx, the joke in my family growing up was "if my grandparents hadn't been able to swim so good, we'd be coonass too" hahahaha, oh and about the plants @912GreenSkell could probably help, I grow indoors

Jee, that's hot, I'd melt away... I'm new to growing, but would have thought the autos would do better outdoors than the regular. Do you have indoor growing lights? I'm doing northern lights auto indoors and they smell amazin

The northern lights i was planning on doing outside for sure, don't really have the set up to do something that big inside yet. How tall are you expecting yours to get?

The northern lights i was planning on doing outside for sure, don't really have the set up to do something that big inside yet. How tall are you expecting yours to get?
I think the tallest has stopped growing @ 30"/76cm. My tent wouldn't have taken much more

I was Born in Orange Tx, the joke in my family growing up was "if my grandparents hadn't been able to swim so good, we'd be coonass too" hahahaha, oh and about the plants @912GreenSkell could probably help, I grow indoors

Thanks man, Dad used to joke about Huey trying to trade Texas Shreveport for Houston, but the oil guys shut it down ....

Yeah I still have family in LA, you might have heard of them The Robertsons. Lol yeah the duck folks, in fact my brother and Phil are both named after the same person. I don't know them or anything but they are mah cousins

Hey thanks for the tag derek.
Wandering_Bull - Your outdoor conditions are quite different from mine. I figure your greatest obstacle for an outdoor grow would be the high humidity and near daily rains. Strain choice will be critical for success, no idea how resilient the strains you picked are to mold. If you have a very secure location you could erect tents made out of vapour barrier over the plants to shield the rain during mid flower.

Back