humboldt seed co - freakshow

Reaction score
hey guys, i was wondering which retailer might carry the humboldt freakshow strain. looks interesting, i wouldnt mind giving it a try for fun.

i am wearing of buying from random seedbanks, hence, i am looking for suggestions.
thank you!

pictures:
c84e1c30385099f892f180e79e8a198dcc350e67.jpeg

7392b80956ae3803c0a560bbc56bb45f505db2d4.jpeg

Wow this looks like a discreet easy to hide strain that’s crazy leaf look like some type of fern

I have been sitting on a 5 pack......... I need to get some going, though my 5 pack is regulars so I might encounter some males, which in this case isnt a bad thing, I'll harvest the pollen for later use.....

f-116.png

i found Irvine Seeds, located in Irvina CA that are selling them. any one have experience with them? i like they sell smaller quantity.

i found Irvine Seeds, located in Irvina CA that are selling them. any one have experience with them? i like they sell smaller quantity.

ok so i pulled the trigger and bought the seeds from Irvine Seed Co. - i am a bit nervous as i have not bought from them and I have fewer protections in place than i normally do...

the transaction was easy, bought at 10pm EST last night, this morning at 6:45 am EST had a confirmation with USPS tracking number. its going out today so we will see how fast they will get here. Also gave them the wrong email address and they fixed that very quickly. so far so good.

ordered me a few other items along with it. looking forward to it.

Howdy folks! Got a freakshow started. Perhaps I should add this to my old grow perpetual journal.....

I'm guessing this thing is two weeks old. My plants always take a little before they take off. But I'm excited to see this deformity...

IMG_20200904_122525.jpg

Howdy folks! Got a freakshow started. Perhaps I should add this to my old grow perpetual journal.....

I'm guessing this thing is two weeks old. My plants always take a little before they take off. But I'm excited to see this deformity...

View attachment 1230169

I have two of these almost finished. I recommend giving it a very long veg, as they grow very slowly during veg. I planted 4 seeds, one was male and one of females was soooooooooooooooooo slow to form flowers that i tossed it away, all of them stretched really much when they started flowering. I think i vegged them for bit over 2 months and they were still like 2/3rd of a foot tall only, but topped. When switched to 12/12 they stretched to like 3 feet despite being topped for 6 branches. There is a lot of pheno variation and i dunno if all of them stretch this much.

Especially considering how long they vegged, doesent look like they will produce much. But the bud does not look too weak(funnyly it seems to have more frosty bud leafs than the actual calyxes) and has the best scent of any cannabis plant i have ever smelled. Very unique terpene profile, bit different on both. I took a little taste a while back when i removed soem lower buds that were not finished yet and also some frosty leafs. Even the leafs tasted godly(despite having that leafy taste, it also had tons of other terpene tastes that were so strong that they kinda took over the grass taste and complimented it in a really nice way that actually made the whole thing taste great) and were as potent as semi low quality//low-medium quality buds. Cant wait to taste the finished stuff soon :)

Female phenos i had were first the one that made extremely airy buds and developed extremely slowly that i threw away. Next best was this also airy, but developing a bit faster, growing airy bud quite evenly all over. And the third pheno is one that makes these more like balls of bud ranging from like a golf ball to baseball size. These buds are much denser, but still because all of these have extremely small calyxes, its not tight as normal bud, but its not like super airy sativa stuff. Its more like balls of mini calyxes that foxtail like hell to form one ball that would be very dense if there werent a little air between the "foxtails", dunno how it will look when dried. This pheno has a little berry twist to its scent, along with like cherry cola type of thing with some energy drink. The other more airier sativa like pheno i have has a bit more kinda similar base, but lacking the berry and kinda like some mountain dew mixed in or something.

By the way i realised that its because the calyxes are so small that seeds dont have room to fit them properly after they start growing bigger(took some pollen from the male to make a bit more of these freakshow seeds), the freakshow seeds look white and underdeveloped. Also the seeds look like they kinda bursted off from some one layer that normally gets developed to seeds. A lot of the seeds died during development because they simply got too big that the part that connect the seed to bud got cut off and the seed was only half developed. There were some seeds popping out already after 4 weeks, but from those even without giving them more than few days time to dry and then few days in fridge about 1/3rd i tested have popped in normal time(still have some of them in water), so im guessing that seeds which are still on the bud are just fine with much better germination rate(or just faster germination, dunno how many of these still open up in water), especially given more time to dry and in fridge.

Anyways, good luck with your grow! I think growing it has been very rewarding even tho the yield wont be big. I think its silly that they advertise this is decent yielder when in reality its extremely low yielder especially considering the veg time it needs. Given the time and space required, im sure you could yield more from bunch of low ryder #1's grown in the same space and time.

By the way i realised that its because the calyxes are so small that seeds dont have room to fit them properly after they start growing bigger(took some pollen from the male to make a bit more of these freakshow seeds), the freakshow seeds look white and underdeveloped. Also the seeds look like they kinda bursted off from some one layer that normally gets developed to seeds. A lot of the seeds died during development because they simply got too big that the part that connect the seed to bud got cut off and the seed was only half developed. There were some seeds popping out already after 4 weeks, but from those even without giving them more than few days time to dry and then few days in fridge about 1/3rd i tested have popped in normal time(still have some of them in water), so im guessing that seeds which are still on the bud are just fine with much better germination rate(or just faster germination, dunno how many of these still open up in water), especially given more time to dry and in fridge.

Thanks for the insights! I noticed that the seeds were very light in color, noticed that already when researching this strain. after these seeds arrived without their original Humboldt packaging I was crossing my fingers that they were legit. well since they were so pale i knew I was on the right track.

It makes alot of sense what you said about the calyx being small and the seeds essentially not fully forming or developing on the plant. I will let her take her time to veg and will keep an eye on her. For now she looks like she is doing well and is on track to show normal development.

I wonder how they came across this mutation, must have been pretty unstable at first since it's not often seen. Also I wonder if its recessive. @CannaDaTaBiz Have you already sprouted some of the seeds you made? are they showing the leave structure etc or is it too early?

I just put her in a better pot....
IMG_20200908_085254.jpg

thanks

Thanks for the insights! I noticed that the seeds were very light in color, noticed that already when researching this strain. after these seeds arrived without their original Humboldt packaging I was crossing my fingers that they were legit. well since they were so pale i knew I was on the right track.

It makes alot of sense what you said about the calyx being small and the seeds essentially not fully forming or developing on the plant. I will let her take her time to veg and will keep an eye on her. For now she looks like she is doing well and is on track to show normal development.

I wonder how they came across this mutation, must have been pretty unstable at first since it's not often seen. Also I wonder if its recessive. @CannaDaTaBiz Have you already sprouted some of the seeds you made? are they showing the leave structure etc or is it too early?
thanks

No problem :) Im looking forwards seeing what sort of phenos people get from these. I still got 4 original freakshow reg seeds left also, but ill save them for later and take a look at these F2 seeds and freakshow crosses first.

I just planted some normal pale pollinated freakshow seeds 2 days ago, but they havent surfaced yet. Seeds did open in water, so they should be good to go. Also i noticed that one of the seeds tried to grow really weird form the beginning, Like trying to push out two main root taps, but it seems to have been stunted since it first opened. Im keeping that between paper towel incase it makes twins and not just some mutated double tap root. They were from freakshow mother, so they look mostly like freakshow seeds, but some have a little darker on them but almost as pale as original seeds.

I have not planted the F2 freakshow seeds yet.

Trying to cross the freakshow with amherst sour diesel and triple g(gelato x gorilla glue) and then combine those and hope for little leaf mutation, but mostly normal, or at least some of those nice unique terps if nothing else.

From what i have gathered around from internets from what other people think, it seems that the leaf mutation is recessive like autoflower, but also seems like if you make F2 you start to get more mutation, but not nearly as much as freakshow, kinda like sharper teeth on the leafs. Google freakberry f2.

Its funny i saw someone(maybe was humboldt CSI) recently crossing freakshow to australian bastard cannabis(ABC) and he posted a pic of the seedling. Even tho both freakshow and ABC look nothing like normal weed, their baby seedling looked perfectly regular cannabis despite both being stable mutants :D You can find some stuff from instagram if you search for freakshow cannabis.

Here is a pic of some of the freakshow x regular seeds(they look bit darker than normal on that photo and also are quite fresh, so they are still a bit green):

DSC02480.JPG

You can see how some seeds are developed half way and then just died and never developed fully. These were already separated from the calyx at around 4 weeks after pollination. Usually seeds take like 5-7 weeks and i dunno how many days earlier these actually got separated

Last edited:
Back