Live Stoners New to Autos, Looking to breed, And make connections in my area.

MGMC

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi all! I’ve been getting quite interested in growing autos for probably the same reasons most do- non-photoperiod, compact size, quick turnaround- plus I’m in a position to be able to work on long-term breeding experiments to create a strain that grows well in my area and has qualities I like (soooo very appreciative to all of the track work put in by those who saw something in that ruderalis gene!) - I live near the Mendocino Coast of Northern California (usa, o’course)- Shout-out if we’re neighbors!

Been on rollitup for awhile now and it’s funny how many photo. growers diss on Autos compared to their Photoperiods like they should be proud of all the genetics work they DIDN’T do to get Photoperiods to where they are today. Gotta start somewhere, and we’re all noobs at some point... Anyhow, I get tired of pettiness pretty quick (not talking friends having fun ribbing each other) and it seems to me that often the autoflower threads there devolve into some grower just spending their thread defending their choices. Not knocking RIU!- just want more workshop debating, and less schoolyard bullying. Coincidentally found the linked podcast as I was thinking about the evolution of autoflowers, and learned of this site through there. Also- Hello other Rollituppers!
(After clicking link scroll down to Ep.73 w/ Dan Jimmie- I know you and Shango Los are here somewhere:hump:)
https://www.shapingfire.com/

So, here I am.
Only my second year, with four clone-to-harvests, all Photoperiods grown and flowered mostly outdoors, with some supplemental light early in season; GG#4 from a friend/pro-grower, and one random seed I think came from a dispensary jar- possibly Mother’s Milk, or Red Dragon, though could’ve possibly been a “V2” (as same friend called it) of Viper Cookies or VC x Miyagi. I swore it was going to be a male just based on how quickly it shot up with large node spacing and 11 inch leaves, and was slow to show gender. Budded out in nicely spaced compact purple “eggs” that were highly resistant to mold and rot. Tried to clone but she was the one that got away. There were also two “Amsterdam OG”(that’s what I was told) clones from another friend that I finished but they did not do well in my inexperienced care or the near-coastal environment, so I kinda forget them sometimes as I think I mulched most of it as it molded heavily.

I picked up seeds this year, and am currently running these photoperiods-
Durban Poison via Dutch Passion
S. African Kwazulu via World of Seeds
and Freakshow via Humboldt Seed Co.
First two obtained through Seedsman, and came with 2 3-packfreebies, which I mention because one was a supposed fem Blueberry OG that turned into a male QUICKLY, as in pollen released by week 4, no joke! I kept that eager beaver around in a different area and used some pollen to try to cross with
My first autoflowers- Banana Kush via Pacific Seeds (not sure if or where they sourced from) which are now at day 90- I made a thread here on them.

I can be pretty long-winded and detail-obsessive, though that said I need to get better at sticking to some schedules with patience and not experimenting every time the opportunity arises! I enjoy and absorb a lot of what I read though it doesn’t always make it to practice. Oftentimes this is simply because I try to make do with what I have instead of buying tailor-made items.

Okay enough for now- I gotta go undark some of my photoperiods while I look over my autoflowers appreciatively...

Oh last thing! I’m not “tech”-savvy at all with these forums so please be patient if I post in wrong place or don’t know what a sticky is haha. Aggressive criticisms and snark won’t get a rise out me unless I’m bored enough to play back, which is almost never, so go ahead and hate if you feel like getting your cortisol levels up, haha.

Happy to be here. Thanks for letting me in.

Last edited:
Hi MGMC.

Curious what you think of the Kwazulu, that's one of a couple photos I'd like to grow eventually.

If the supposedly feminized Blueberry OG started releasing pollen, that's not a great sign. Was it fully male or a female with really bad intersex traits?

Hi all! I’ve been getting quite interested in growing autos for probably the same reasons most do- non-photoperiod, compact size, quick turnaround- plus I’m in a position to be able to work on long-term breeding experiments to create a strain that grows well in my area and has qualities I like (soooo very appreciative to all of the track work put in by those who saw something in that ruderalis gene!) - I live near the Mendocino Coast of Northern California (usa, o’course)- Shout-out if we’re neighbors!

Been on rollitup for awhile now and it’s funny how many photo. growers diss on Autos compared to their Photoperiods like they should be proud of all the genetics work they DIDN’T do to get Photoperiods to where they are today. Gotta start somewhere, and we’re all noobs at some point... Anyhow, I get tired of pettiness pretty quick (not talking friends having fun ribbing each other) and it seems to me that often the autoflower threads there devolve into some grower just spending their thread defending their choices. Not knocking RIU!- just want more workshop debating, and less schoolyard bullying. Coincidentally found the linked podcast as I was thinking about the evolution of autoflowers, and learned of this site through there. Also- Hello other Rollituppers!
(After clicking link scroll down to Ep.73 w/ Dan Jimmie- I know you and Shango Los are here somewhere:hump:)
https://www.shapingfire.com/

So, here I am.
Only my second year, with four clone-to-harvests, all Photoperiods grown and flowered mostly outdoors, with some supplemental light early in season; GG#4 from a friend/pro-grower, and one random seed I think came from a dispensary jar- possibly Mother’s Milk, or Red Dragon, though could’ve possibly been a “V2” (as same friend called it) of Viper Cookies or VC x Miyagi. I swore it was going to be a male just based on how quickly it shot up with large node spacing and 11 inch leaves, and was slow to show gender. Budded out in nicely spaced compact purple “eggs” that were highly resistant to mold and rot. Tried to clone but she was the one that got away. There were also two “Amsterdam OG”(that’s what I was told) clones from another friend that I finished but they did not do well in my inexperienced care or the near-coastal environment, so I kinda forget them sometimes as I think I mulched most of it as it molded heavily.

I picked up seeds this year, and am currently running these photoperiods-
Durban Poison via Dutch Passion
S. African Kwazulu via World of Seeds
and Freakshow via Humboldt Seed Co.
First two obtained through Seedsman, and came with 2 3-packfreebies, which I mention because one was a supposed fem Blueberry OG that turned into a male QUICKLY, as in pollen released by week 4, no joke! I kept that eager beaver around in a different area and used some pollen to try to cross with
My first autoflowers- Banana Kush via Pacific Seeds (not sure if or where they sourced from) which are now at day 90- I made a thread here on them.

I can be pretty long-winded and detail-obsessive, though that said I need to get better at sticking to some schedules with patience and not experimenting every time the opportunity arises! I enjoy and absorb a lot of what I read though it doesn’t always make it to practice. Oftentimes this is simply because I try to make do with what I have instead of buying tailor-made items.

Okay enough for now- I gotta go undark some of my photoperiods while I look over my autoflowers appreciatively...

Oh last thing! I’m not “tech”-savvy at all with these forums so please be patient if I post in wrong place or don’t know what a sticky is haha. Aggressive criticisms and snark won’t get a rise out me unless I’m bored enough to play back, which is almost never, so go ahead and hate if you feel like getting your cortisol levels up, haha.

Happy to be here. Thanks for letting me in.
Welcome! Seems you are fond of Sativa leaners .
A brief list of Autoflower regs:
Mandalorian (you already know) has The Forge (DP in auto form)
The Autoflower Portal. Many cultivars with a sativa lean including Cindy crosses.
Autobeanstalk... regs and fems
There are a few Indy breeders:Supernatural Seed, Cardinal Cultivation etc.
This will get you started.

Welcome! Seems you are fond of Sativa leaners .
A brief list of Autoflower regs:
Mandalorian (you already know) has The Forge (DP in auto form)
The Autoflower Portal. Many cultivars with a sativa lean including Cindy crosses.
Autobeanstalk... regs and fems
There are a few Indy breeders:Supernatural Seed, Cardinal Cultivation etc.
This will get you started.
Thank you, kindly. Going to look these up!

Hi MGMC.

Curious what you think of the Kwazulu, that's one of a couple photos I'd like to grow eventually.

If the supposedly feminized Blueberry OG started releasing pollen, that's not a great sign. Was it fully male or a female with really bad intersex traits?
Love to hear about other’s interested in Kwazulu- not a lot of info that I’ve found!
The one flowering female I have went from a delicious exotic berry scent to a pungent, kind-of sweet, dirty diaper smell!- but I like it because it is different, and crossed with the DP I have which has a very chemically, grapefruit pine-sol smell to it, could lead to something very interesting. That and they are both of S.African Sativa landrace genetics with reported good cold- and pest- resistance and a motivating high (I can’t speak on KZ, yet!), I hope to create a good strain for my area and my mind.
Ol’ Blue Balls as I called them may have been intersex?- seemed pretty male to me- looked like a Charlie Brown xmas tree!
First pic is a purple pheno of the Durban Poison, the second pic is a female Kwazulu. Those were flipped 12/12 March 10, at about 8 weeks old.
The rest are of Ol’ Blue, first one is about 3 weeks I think.
28F92478-DA8F-4554-9B4A-5AB42CE7B18B.jpeg
1B818840-BFC0-4EBA-A379-FF23F6D8DDD6.jpeg
7DA13865-871F-4625-9247-AADCAE27190A.jpeg
211A2928-0CF4-4930-91B0-426098B7B55A.jpeg
AF39F4A9-1780-45BB-BBAE-B03FE315E515.jpeg
E622E5DF-D6A4-4356-B5F9-A3632BED1783.jpeg
94B780F4-49F2-4DCB-9D1E-CEB12EEE2626.jpeg

Here’s some pics of my two autos. One I just cut because I caught a small spec of mold and decided it was getting close to time for it anyway. I partly blame a previous bad haircut I gave that one to test heavy-defoliation. Nope. I gave the other a lighter trim around the same time and she has been doing great but I need to give her great airflow for what I think may be her last week or two, to get a perfect coat of mostly white trichomes, so I have set up better fans. It gets very humid here obviously. Looking forward to just a little bit warmer nights to move all of my flowers and veggers outside permanently.
LOVING NOT HAVING TO TARP MY AUTOS to flower them!
738713E4-5E19-481B-B122-0BAB41D64B43.jpeg
95ED4E16-91D2-44CC-B191-A4553E949B46.jpeg
2B97A5D0-B22B-40B0-A241-09FC9646DF28.jpeg
AE2F544D-F29B-494A-96CB-499F1E28DE87.jpeg

Hey welcome to AFN MGMC! Since you are on mendocino coast, a place to start with genetics that will grow well in your area, may I suggest you look at Twenty20Mendocino genetics.

There is a grow and show feature their genetics going on right now.

So far I am impressed with them. They have a great photoperiod collection that all looks like fire. Also have some auto strains they have been working on.

Hey welcome to AFN MGMC! Since you are on mendocino coast, a place to start with genetics that will grow well in your area, may I suggest you look at Twenty20Mendocino genetics.

There is a grow and show feature their genetics going on right now.

So far I am impressed with them. They have a great photoperiod collection that all looks like fire. Also have some auto strains they have been working on.
Yeah, I’m going to order some STS from them soon, I think. I got a few seeds (I planned on) from my first two, so going to grow them out before buying new strains, but I’m interested in their Zkittlez (sp?).
Just harvested my second auto (in last pic) at
102 days from sprout! I slowed them with a kink in their stalk early on but did not expect it to go so long. Still no red trichs but all cloudy and it seemed to be waning, so I figured May 1st was a good milestone.
A single branch with seed-carrying bud is left alive on the first one, actually.
Not that you asked about those things but I was going to note them here anyway…
Thanks for the input. Happy growing!

Back