New Grower HYDROPONICS- Reverse Flood Table- Abducted by Aliens in the Bermuda Triangle

Okay so I had my You Tube settings messed up and I guess my video wasn't visible. Ive fixed it since than and you'll can see my grow operation. Since I know the line was getting long :crying:

Evening all. Wanted to splash another update in here. So far they are growing beautiful. I actually just topped the RQS Qveen Hebry tonight. Putting her 2 days behind the AVT's from Mephisto. Cinderella is starting to bloom out a bit. Much smaller than the rest even being late. I think she is going to be small and bushy compared to the rest. I also wanted to get some opinions on one thing. After the table drains, there is little less than a half inch of water that sits in the "valleys" of the table. I knew before hand this would grow algae with the light and all. Unless I get some sort of coverage ( still an option) but my concern is my roots have decided not to air prune on the bottom and rather grow out into there. Do you think I should worry about toxicity or rot root forming since that part never fully drains? It gets refreshed every 4 hours so it has fresh oxygen exchange etc. Maybe I should I look at slightly raising the pots. If So...I might have to re calibrate everything...even a bigger reservoir to raise the water level when it floods. With still no guarantee they wont just branch out that extra inch or 2 and find the water again anyways. :doh: Let me know what youll think. Ill check back in later. Going to tag a few people as well I know grow in hydro. @EvilScotsman @Mañ'O'Green Thanks.
2-19 all plants.jpg
2-19 AVTs.jpg
2-19 RQS Cindrella.jpg
2-19 RQS Queen.jpg

Evening all. Wanted to splash another update in here. So far they are growing beautiful. I actually just topped the RQS Qveen Hebry tonight. Putting her 2 days behind the AVT's from Mephisto. Cinderella is starting to bloom out a bit. Much smaller than the rest even being late. I think she is going to be small and bushy compared to the rest. I also wanted to get some opinions on one thing. After the table drains, there is little less than a half inch of water that sits in the "valleys" of the table. I knew before hand this would grow algae with the light and all. Unless I get some sort of coverage ( still an option) but my concern is my roots have decided not to air prune on the bottom and rather grow out into there. Do you think I should worry about toxicity or rot root forming since that part never fully drains? It gets refreshed every 4 hours so it has fresh oxygen exchange etc. Maybe I should I look at slightly raising the pots. If So...I might have to re calibrate everything...even a bigger reservoir to raise the water level when it floods. With still no guarantee they wont just branch out that extra inch or 2 and find the water again anyways. :doh: Let me know what youll think. Ill check back in later. Going to tag a few people as well I know grow in hydro. @EvilScotsman @Mañ'O'Green Thanks.View attachment 1017440 View attachment 1017441 View attachment 1017442 View attachment 1017443
Not really a problem. If it gets too grungy just clean it with H2O2 just before a reservoir change and rinse it out. The plants are going to shade the tray soon.

Not really a problem. If it gets too grungy just clean it with H2O2 just before a reservoir change and rinse it out. The plants are going to shade the tray soon.
Yea I didnt even think about the shading from the plants. So you think just watch those roots that are hanging out and if they start the look bad rinse with h202? What about just cutting them off ? or would that stall my plant.

Yea I didnt even think about the shading from the plants. So you think just watch those roots that are hanging out and if they start the look bad rinse with h202? What about just cutting them off ? or would that stall my plant.
I am talking about the table not the roots:shrug:. Only prune the roots if they plug up the plumbing. If you start to see or smell root rot use Botanicare HydroGuard.

Sorry I haven't updated in a few days. Been busy on other threads and forgot my own lol. Anyways everything seems to be going good. We are at day 23 with just Mega Crop's new formula. I haven't seen any signs of deficiency and my leafs and a decent green. Im refilling the res right now and plant to bump the nutes another 15% to see if I can get that dark green leaf color going on.

20190223_190526.jpg

I also wanted to use my stem trainers but the branches just dont seem solid enough for it yet. So rather I used my plant ties to go ahead an open the ladies up. Dr Hynek is getting a full open on all 8 of your branches.

20190223_190214.jpg
\

Roswell is only getting a partial. Her bottom 6 branches. Im going to let her top 2 grow straight I think. ( I actually decided to pull those back as well to keep an even canopy)
20190223_190204.jpg

The larger RQS, Qveen Herby, isnt getting any training right now as she seems more focused on growing her leafs instead of her branches.
20190223_190228.jpg

The trailing RQS Cinderella has some sort of mutation going on. She never had a top but rather 2 bushy stocks. Im just going to let that one grow and see what she does.

20190223_190237.jpg

As a Bonus I got a new sticker today. From one of my favorite LED companies ....

20190223_190535.jpg

Happy Growing all!

Back